Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default qm2 sept 11 to new york

hey guys...we are travelling up from New Zealand with a group of friends., some gay .... some not.....wonderring if there will be any other fods on board...and are we planning a fod party....?
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2004, 12:13 PM
Paul McMaster

Default Re: qm2 sept 11 to new york

Hi Guys

Travelling on the QM11 from Southampton - New York 11th September.

Gay couple 40 and 53 living in Brighton England, Paul from Wellington New Zealand Graham from Perth Scotland.
We heard the place to meet on board is the Commodore bar in the evenings-the unoffical FOD gathering.
We have placed several enquires on the net with no other responces.
So hopefully we will meet a few others on Board.
Enjoy your trip over and hope to see you at some stage.
Paul
Old August 3rd, 2004, 09:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

we'll be there....we are travelling from the waldof down on the saturday hopefully by limo. ...any recommendations...? we figured it would be a bit more comfortable than the bus...and more convenient., do you know how far it would be from london...? 2 hours..?
Yes have been told the commodore club and the veuve clicqot bar....sounds right up our alleys!!!!.... we are ranging in age from 35 through to 55., (the gays ones in our group at least...6 out of 13 aint bad for a change!!!)
Old August 3rd, 2004, 09:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

i had also heard there was a large "Pied Piper" gay american group planning the crossing...was hoping to hear from some .......
Old August 4th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Paul McMaster

Hi ya.
We too have tried to contact Pied Piper to find out how many may be traveling with no reply.
A Limo from central london would take at least 2 and a half hours from where you will be staying and I think would be a problem with all that lougage you know your going to take.
Plus if for say we have a nice weekend for once everyone heads south to the beach which could and does cause delay.
Limos are very expensive here but look into it first.
You are staying so close to Waterloo train station and a direct line to Southampton docks.
I would say it would cost you around 15-20 each at most on the train so a limo may be an option.
Any info I can help you with just let me know.
Bye for now.
Paul
Old August 6th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

thanks bud...have had a couple of repsonses to the limo thing., 195 pounds., which between 4 of us isnt bad only thing is its white......they quoted 600 pounds for the orient express rain from waterloo....each!!!!!...and its only lunch (*edited for off-color content by moderator*) It'll be a fun thing so what the hey. thanks for the advice on travel time., cunard have not been helpful regarding the cunard connexions and dont seem to respond to emails.
i leave in a couple of weeks so the excitment is building.......hope you're looking forward to it too.........roscoe
Old August 7th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Paul McMaster

All sounds great.
Hope you have a great trip over.
We are now off to our apartment in Spain to get some pre cruise tan.
Will hopefully see you on board for a few brews.
Take care.
Paul and Graham
Old August 9th, 2004, 06:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: qm2 sept 11 to new york

spain...? lucky bugger....well be the pale ones from down under!!!!
Old August 10th, 2004, 12:43 PM
KT

Default Re: Re: qm2 sept 11 to new york

Hi Roscoe.

We just returned from the July 22nd Westbound. We also chose a private car & driver to Southampton from London. (& Ironically, we ALSO stayed at the Waldorf!!!) The trip took about 2 hours, and was SO much nicer than the bus. Our driver was wonderful.

Enjoy your trip. We liked ours so much that we've already re-booked for TWO crossings next summer!

K&R
Old August 10th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: qm2 sept 11 to new york

well glad to see we are in good company....looking forward to it....we figured 2 hours as well. Did they let you board straight away or did you have to hang around for hours till the 3pm boarding,,,>

How was the commodore club.....im taking my cigars so hoping there may be a few fods in the cigar bar!!!!!!!..
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:17 AM
KT

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: qm2 sept 11 to new york

We were in the "Princess Grill" (I know, ,,,how appropriate!), so we didn't have to wait even 2 minutes. They just directed us to the front. We actually felt sort of guilty about that. Honestly, from the time we stepped out of the car until we walked into our suite was less than 10 minutes.

There was actually a FOD meeting at 12 noon the first day in the Commodore...then another at 12 noon on the second day by the indoor pool area. We guessed there to be about 20 in attendance, although we saw a LOT more than that around the ship. We'd also heard that the Commodore Club becomes the CommoDorothy club from about 10:30 pm until closing. There were always 'a few', but not a lot. We also made friends with quite a few straight couples.

You are certainly in for a great time! Enjoy.

K&R
(Dallas)
Old August 11th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

THANKS...of course....we arnt so flash....just downstairs with the other slaves rowing...but I hope to get to see a few of the other cabins anyway....hoping some one will take kindly to us lowly peasants and give us a thrill! Last time we were on the QE2 even though the boarding time was 4., we brazened our way on at noon and so were lucky enough to have been on board and settled while everyone else was queing. Not sure if that is possible on the QM2 ...... Its going to be quite a trip and starts for me in about 15 more sleeps.....so the excitement is building .....as the ad says..!
Old August 12th, 2004, 10:56 AM
KT

Hi Roscoe.

One of the couples we became friends with did tell us that they had shown up at 1:00 for a 3:00 P.M. boarding & were allowed on without question....so go for it!! Every hour on that magnificent ship is worth it!

This particular couple I'm referring to was located down on Deck 3, inside room, in the very front of the ship, and they said their room was 'very nice & comfortable'. I don't think there's really a 'bad' room on the ship. (Although I thank you for the mental image of you 'gladiator types' down below, rowing in your loin cloths!!) <g>

Here's to a great trip for you!

KT
Old August 12th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

hmmmm youve given me some ideas too....must watch gladiator and troy again before i go!!!! if its that good.....ill let you know!!!!