Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2004, 01:17 PM
mark & ignazio

Default atlantis vs rsvp

hi all;

just wanted to get opinion on which cruise vacations are better and to know of any negative experiences with either.

marco & ignazio
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2004, 03:22 PM
Passenger

Default Re: atlantis vs rsvp

I have not been on Atlantis. However, I am booked on my 3rd RSVP cruise (February 20-27, 2005) and have always thouroughly enjoyed them!
Old August 7th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to CanadaCruiseBoyz

Hi there:

We haven't travelled with RSVP before but we have with Atlantis. For our review of our First Atlantis Experience check out our personal website:http://www3.sympatico.ca/ian.snelson Once on our website, click on the "About Us" section, and then down at the bottom of that page there is a link to "Our First Atlantis Experience"

We have booked our 2nd cruise with Atlantis.

Good luck

Ian.
Old August 9th, 2004, 02:15 PM
JOE K

I have sailed with both and prefer RSVP. Had a great time with both companies who do an outstanding job organizing their events. I prefer RSVP only because I find the guests to be more diverse in age and gender. Atlantis seemed to be younger and more like a circuit party. All in all though, you can't go wrong with either company.
Old August 10th, 2004, 09:00 PM
NYC95

I agree with JOE K. I've sailed with both companies and both have good products. I prefer RSVP because I'm not really a circuit party type, although this wouldn't stop me from sailing wth, Atlantis,in the future. One thing I can say about,Atlantis, is that appreciate that the President, of the company,Richard Campbell, is on the ship overseeing the cruise. It gives the trip a more personal touch in my opinion. I have no idea who runs,RSVP. I also like that,Atlantis,reaches out to it's solo travelers,like myself.with special activities just for us.RSVP, doesn't do this and I intend to write a letter to them suggesting that they do something about it.
Old August 11th, 2004, 02:26 AM
thulewx

RSVP's Pres. is Charlie Rounds - he's also on most every cruise, along with most of the top people in the company. They do usually try to do at least one singles party every cruise that I've been on.
Old August 13th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Familiar Face

We've done 9 RSVP cruises but never on Atlantis. RSVP is top notch and seems to fit us better based on others descriptions of Atlantis and the Atlantis advertising (we're getting in the 'older' category and circuit parties aren't our thing). We've had excellent experience with RSVP and wouldn't hesitate booking with them again if they went somewhere we hadn't already been to numerous times. This is their biggest drawback in my opinion - too limited in itinerary choices (I understand that they go where the demand is but we've been there and done that!). I think we did 7 caribbean and the Greek Isles and Alaska with RSVP. We've met a number of great people onboard and always had a great time.

We've also travelled with Pied Piper - one excellent experience on a QE2 crossing from London to NY and one less than favorable experience (due to the hosts) in the Balics this past June - still waiting for a reply to my letter on that one. I'm reserving judgement on Pied Piper until I hear back from them - if I do at all.