CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Gay / Lesbian Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/)
-   -   Swimwear for Mexican Cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/282075-swimwear-mexican-cruise.html)

JohnInSeattle December 6th, 2004 12:49 PM

Swimwear for Mexican Cruise

My partner and I are headed to the Mexican Riviera for a New Year's Cruise. I bought a custom swimsuit from**URL deleted** and it arrived today. I bought a modest square cut trunk however I also ordered a color cordinated thong that I will be wearing underneath. Our port stops will be Cabo, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta and Zihuatanejo.
Since this is a mainstream cruise on NCL I doubt that I will go down to the thong on the ship. However, does anybody know of any beaches in these ports that it would be acceptable to do so?

Harry Martin December 6th, 2004 02:26 PM

Re: Swimwear for Mexican Cruise

John, I think the beach that goes by the name of Blue Chairs (the gay-oriented beach in Puerto Vallarta) may be an option. A couple folks from our Diamond Princess cruise were headed there, having been there before.

Can someone confirm this?

Harry

Hobie December 6th, 2004 03:49 PM

Sure. Blue Chairs beach in Puerto Vallarta. Also there is a gay beach in Acapulco. I'm pretty sure that the Acapulco gay beach is "La Condessa". You might want to check that by doing a google search.

I was at Blue Chairs beach last week. Very busy. Lots of guys and saw quite a few thongs.

JohnInSeattle December 6th, 2004 04:58 PM

Re: Re: Swimwear for Mexican Cruise

Cool! This is excellent information. I will definitely check out both beaches during the cruise. Since I'm from Seattle and it's quite grey and damp this time of year, I'm looking forward to getting as much sunshine as possible.

Michael & Mark December 7th, 2004 04:44 PM

John,

In Puerto Vallarta, Blue Chairs is a section of the gay beach. There is also Green Chairs (once known as Loony Toons). The actual gay beach is Playa los Muertos (yes, Beach of the Dead). At the port, ask a taxi for Los Muertos or for Blue Chairs Resort. Both will get you to the same place.

You'll have a great time in PV. Very gay friendly.

Michael (and Mark)

Harry Martin December 7th, 2004 05:25 PM

I didn't know that about Los Muertos Beach ... didn't seem that way to us, but we did not walk that far.

Harry

jimnbillnpa December 8th, 2004 02:36 PM

I have to add two cents here. When I lived in California in the 80s (81-91), PV was a frequent destination for Bay Area sun seekers. And indeed, Playa Los Muertes was the "gay " beach. At the time, the hotel on Playa Los Muertes was called Los Arcos and had a large gay and lesbian clinetele. I tried parasailing, offered by a couple of local teenagers (no regulation back then) with a tiny power boat. The boat ran out of gas and dropped me in the middle of the bay. I was lucky. Another unwitting customer landed on the roof of a condo a couple doors down from the hotel. The Elizabeth Taylor theater was up a dirt road heading into the mountains and showed second run movies with Spanish subtitles. Would love to see what the place is like now.

Romeo Antilla December 11th, 2004 03:58 AM

In Puerto Vallarta, go to BLUE CHAIRS BEACH. It's a gay beach, and I'm sure there will be plenty who are wearing less than a thong. Cabo has no beach, Zihuatanejo's beach is VERY conservative, and I'm not sure about the other port. FYI!

Hedonismguy December 18th, 2004 08:46 PM

Hello,

You can wear your thong at blue chairs in Puerto Vallarta. Which cruise ship will you be on. If its the star make sure you say hello to my friend who works on board. He is a cutie too.

JohnInSeattle December 20th, 2004 07:02 PM

Re: Re: Swimwear for Mexican Cruise

Yes, I will be on the NCL Star. I would love to meet your friend and say hello for you :)