Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to MasculineMen
Default Windjammer S/V Polynesia April 3-9 2005

If you have been on this Windjammer cruise before and can provide some info, that would be great. I'm also looking for guys that are already book on this cruise. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Ron Bowers

Default Re: Windjammer S/V Polynesia April 3-9 2005

I spoke to one of the agents for this trip. He told me that this ship has "bachelors' quarters" for singles - rooms with three sets of double bunks. He said they are not bad - he spent time in one while training as one of their agents. The cost is $800 basic plus $65 port charges and $65 for boarding the night before it sails. The airfare from my area, Baltimore, is $742. The fellow expects that there will only be gay men on this trip but gay women would not be refused tickets if they bought them. - but unlikely. There is no formal dress code - bathing suit and T shirt is full dress. Little cash needed, he said, but best to take a pile of $1 bills for on-shore use to avoid a lot of foreign change. Security boxes available for valuables while sailing.

If I go, I would be going as a single unless someone would share a regular room with me. I am older but not "old", quiet, almost shy, and never a slob in any way. Anyone share a room?
Old December 20th, 2004, 09:26 AM
CaliforniaJake

Default Re: Windjammer S/V Polynesia April 3-9 2005

My partner and I was on the Polynesia last January. We had a great time. It turned out that there was a large gay group from San Francisco traveling at the same time. Everybody was friendly and very nice.

The captain and crew were awesome. If the cruise director, Adam, is still there he was a real cutie and plays on our team.

Have a great time!