Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Todd R

Default Grand Princess - Jan 29, 2005 from Galveston

Jeff and I picked up one of these great last minute deals.

Anyone else going on this trip?

Todd.
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Joe and Ivan
Default Re: Grand Princess - Jan 29, 2005 from Galveston

Hi Jeff and Todd,

We'll both be on the Grand Princess starting January 29 and also February 5. We also got a good deal at the last moment. Hopefully, we'll arrive in Galveston on time. Our plane doesn't get to the Houston International Airport (I hate to say "Bush") until just after 12:00 and the ship is supposed to leave at 4:00.

We look forward to meeting you onboard. Hopefully, there will be an early FOD meeting.

Happy trails,

Joe and Ivan
South Padre Island, Texas
Old December 11th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Todd R

Default Re: Re: Grand Princess - Jan 29, 2005 from Galveston

Hey Joe and Ivan,

Good to hear that you'll be on board.
I've sent you and email...

Looking forward to meeting you.

Todd & Jeff
Old December 31st, 2004, 09:05 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Grand Princess - Jan 29, 2005 from Galveston

Hi,

We just became aware that Galveston will be celebrating Mardi Gras from January 28 until February 8. As Texans, I suppose we should have been aware of this.

We may have a little trouble getting to the ship from the airport since there will be two mid-day parades in Galveston on January 29. However, we don't have to worry about disembarkation on February 6, since we'll be continuing on for the next 7-day cruise.

Maybe we'll get a chance to enjoy a few of the festivities on February 6!

Hasta luego,

Ivan
Old December 31st, 2004, 05:24 PM
Passenger

I should have said February 5, not February 6. - Ivan
Old January 21st, 2005, 10:35 AM
Passenger

Just a few more days to go until this cruise. Any more on board?

Ivan

Old January 21st, 2005, 06:06 PM
Ron and Jon

Joe and Ivan

We'll be with you in spirit guys. Wish we were again sharing a table with you.
Bon Voyage and, in all the excellent news of late, make this your best cruise ever.

Vos amis Canadiens

Ron and Jon
Old January 22nd, 2005, 12:40 AM
sureshmenon

HI ,

I TOO DREAM I WUD HAV ONE AMONG U. MAY I KNOW THE DETAILS TO JOIN WITH U GUYS.AM 32 YEARS OLD INDIAN GUY. 6"+HEIGHT,FAIR N WELL BUILT,FLUENT IN ENGLISH,HAV THE EXPERIENCE IN INDIAN AIR FORCE FOR 15 YEARS

HOPE U REPLY.........
Old January 22nd, 2005, 05:53 AM
Passenger

Ron and Jon-- Wish you could be with us also. We'll send some e-mails to you to report all of the events on board. -- Joe and Ivan

Old January 22nd, 2005, 08:53 PM
kk

Hey guys... I was on the Grand over XMAS and had a wonderful time. I met someone on board and we were living out loud. If you see Mericel (bartender/staff) do say hello from Kevin. Also, Oscar is a good guy to know in the dining room... if you ask for a table with friends of Oscar, they will try to seat you with other FOD. Victor and Alex are a great team to asak for, plus Victor is a cutie. We truly had a ball. I have sailed with Jeff and Todd in October. I gave them allt his info as well if you are interested.

Kevin
Old January 23rd, 2005, 06:43 AM
Passenger

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the good info. We were with Oscar on the Grand in August and September, and he made sure we had a wonderful time! Were Victor and Alex in the daVinci or Michelangelo dining rooms, with personal choice dining? We have requested PC dining rather than fixed seating.

We're really looking forward to being onboard again!

Thanks, Ivan
Old January 23rd, 2005, 06:34 PM
Roger Dale

Hey Guys!

We had a GRAND time on this Princess vessel. You guys will, too. Her crew is inviting and accepting of G/L cruisers. I also made a friend for life and cruisemate on this ship, during the 18 DEC sailing. We originally met here on Cruisemates, so we have a strong testimonial...that it works!

A Grand Class ship is the perfect place to meet other couples, too. In fact, we had next door gaybors from Calgary, and one evening opened up the partition for a balcony party. We made straight friends as well, everywhere we went. Life at sea, truly is a better traveling experience for G/L folks...especially with a good cruisemate!

Tell James Lay, the CD, hello from us....the guys who walked arm in arm around the ship everywhere we went. Nobody seemed to even notice us!!! Have fun and Live out Loud on the Grand! Yes, and to second Kev's recommendations for those staff members, and also to Oscar...he's a dining executive now, but he's the "hook up" in the village!

Roger Dale
Cruisemate to Chef Kev

Dallas, TX

P.S. We want you to go and make out in the port side nook of the skywalker night club, and on the aft deck above the pool...and report back to us.
We promise, it will take your breath away!
Old January 23rd, 2005, 06:52 PM
Passenger

Hi Roger,

I'm 58 and Joe is 61. For us to make out in the Skywalker Night Club, we would be doing more than spanning the gay-straight gap. We would be leaping a chasm of our own self-images as older gays. Actually, we're happy when we have the energy to make out even at home. We're old (believe me--we feel it), but we remember our wild disco days very well.

Thanks, Ivan

Old January 24th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Roger, so glad to hear you had a great time, and too neat about meeting someone from here. I know what you mean, I have met several great people and ocuples here who really add a lot to a cruise. In fact, Shar and her hubbie (who we met in person on the Star Princess in 2003) said they would go on the Cruisemates Hawaii cruise if Art and I go. Gotta book that this week.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 24th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Roger Dale

Hey guys! You both sound hot! Actually, we also made friends with a couple around your age from Texas, Bill & Trey, who first spotted us kissing in the observation car on the Panama Railway. We later enjoyed visiting with them in the Wheelhouse bar. It is also adjacent to the Photo Gallery, so an excellent place to meet other FODs and cruise the pictures too. Say howdy to Mericel and to Alejandro in Wheelhouse, they are gay friendly and will take excellent care of you.

For Dinner, see Alex and Victor...in Da Vinci. They are a charming team. To meet other cruisemates, ask Maitre'd to hook you up with other friends of "Oscar's family."...or inquire...are there other friends of Oscar's in the room? :-)

FYI, it is fun to go to Skywalkers in the middle of the day. It is completely silent, and a good place to read...and yes even make out! If you venture there at night, you might be surprised to hear some tunes from your disco days....no kidding! Ask for Stefan, from Romania.

Have a fantastic time! We are so jealous that you are going on "our ship"...haha!
Take a moment to send us a post from the internet cafe after dinner sometime!!

Bon Voyage, and all the best from Texas,
Roger Dale

P.S. Chef Kev and I are writing a Novel Memoir of our adventures onboard The Grand. Stay tuned for further details....
Old January 24th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Passenger

Hi Roger,

We'll send you a note from the Grand. Thanks for the nice info about the people to know onboard. We'll look for them this Saturday.

Happy sailing, Ivan
Old January 24th, 2005, 06:38 PM
kk

I second Roger's recommendation of stealing a kiss in the nook in Skywalkers. We had so much fun there. It was quite an experience for both of us to truly live out loud and even better to make our friend for life and cruisemate connection.

Enjoy your cruise and we want to hear about it when you get back.

Kevin

I've attached a pict ffrom Grand Cayman.

Old January 25th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Passenger

Roger and Kevin,

Bravo to all of today's young gays who will make sure that things are better in the future. It's encouraging to see such courage and confidence in the new generation.

Thanks, Ivan