Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Tom Schaefer

Default Atlantis Oct 15 mexico Cruise

Just booked my first Atlantis big ship cruise. Although I did their land based vacations in the past, this is the first time for their big ship charter. It will be interesting to compare the overall cruise experience as compared to the RSVP cruise I sail on next month (Feb 20). Of course they are different cruise lines in different locales...but to see how each company works will be interesting.

Who else is going?
Hobie, are you officially booked?

Looking for a suggestion for a precruise one night stay in San Diego...any suggestions?

Also I would appreciate any comments on last yeasr Mexico cruise.....good points as well as bad.
Thanks and happy new year to all.
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Atlantis Oct 15 mexico Cruise

Tom, the Holiday Inn Bayside is directly across from the cruise terminal. Also, here is an article I wrote on what to do in SD before or after a cruise:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/ports/SanDiego.cfm

Harry

Post Edited (01-06-05 12:39)

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 6th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Hobie

Tom:
Yes, I'll be there on the Radiance of the Seas cruising with you! Look forward to seeing you.

Who else is going?

Hobie
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Tom Schaefer

Default Re: Re: Atlantis Oct 15 mexico Cruise

Harry...thanks for the information. Your write up of the area was fabo!
I will look into the the Bayside facility you mentioned and compare it to another recommendation I recieved which was the Bayside Marriott.
San Diego sounds so nice one day will be a tease!

Looking forward to this cruise and to see how Atlantis stacks up against RSVP.......
the RSVP cruise is getting close Feb 20th........should be fun.
Thanks again
Tom
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Tom, the trolley is a great way to get about ... that's how we got over to Old Town and see a lot of the city. Safe, too.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 8th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Steve&Vaughan

We went on the Oct 04 Atlantis Radiance Mexican Riviera and it was excellent. All aspects of the experience excelled. The ship was beautiful. The crew incredible and the ports were fun. Also, the Atlantis additions (mainly the entertainment) to the RCCL ship and service enhanced the experience even further. We have been on trips all over the world and the entire experience and atmosphere ont his cruise was one of our best vacations ever. We are already booked on the Atlantis Celebrity Millenium cruise next summer from Barcelona to Athens and expect we will cruise with Atlantis for many yearts to come. It is a first class operation all the way.
Old January 10th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Tom Schaefer

Default Re: Re: Atlantis Oct 15 mexico Cruise

Thanks for the comments.
Harry...I booked the Bayside Holiday Inn...got a nice internet rate that included breakfast. Got the air.......Philly, Chicago, San Diego so its good I am going the day before. I am excited about the ship...this class interests me much more than the Voyager class.
Any suggestions for a place to dine...I would like to find a fun gay place, I like to spend my money supporting gay businesses...not a political statement, just the way I like to operate.
Happy sailings to all!
Tom the terrible.