Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Dale C.

Default How do I meet Gay guys on a straight cruise

Hi, im Dale. Im going on my first cruise Sunday Feb. 13 on the Fantasy.( See previous post) How do I meet Gay guys on board . Should I ask if they will have a F.O.D. party?
Is it easy to meet and find people to hang out with on mainstream cruises. Thanks for your help . Im so excited only 3 days to go.
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2005, 11:50 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to DPMinc
Default Re: How do I meet Gay guys on a straight cruise

Carnival will not post the FOD meetings in the Capers newletter, you will just have to let your Gaydar work it out for you, or else have someone else reply to your post on this site.

Paul

Norwegian Dream, Sun, Spirit
Royal Caribbean Grandeur/Sea
Old February 10th, 2005, 03:11 PM
thulewx

Check out the photos of the embarkation and find the single men or coupled men or men with their moms...
Old February 10th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Passenger

"or men with their moms..."

, My partner and I are leaving in 2 weeks for a cruise, it was going down to the wire if he could go or not, so Mom was on standby. Cruising with Mom beats cruising not cruising at all.
Old February 10th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Passenger

crap!!!!, should read "cruising with Mom beats not cruising at all".
Old February 11th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Dale, I have cruised on Carnival ship and the staff and passengers we pritty much "gay friendly." IThe Matre'd in our dinning room seemed to seat "singles" ie. couples who did not have the same last name, at the same large tables, so we met another gay couple that way. Also gay men seem to use the gym, we met another gay group in aerobics class. Then there is always the steam room late at night.......have fun, JT
Old February 11th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Gary D.

you will find them,, the gym, bye the pool, late night strolls, at the Bar in a lounge... we know each other... but next time, do an all gay cruise.. RSVP.. fun fun fun.. i will be going on my 10th this month..., but i have never had a problem meeting other gay men on the 4 straight cruises i have been on... enjoy the adventure...seek and you shall find....
Old February 11th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Familiar Face

It is sooo easy. Just look around. There are obvious couples all over the place. I usually spot several before we even leave port. I did a Christmas cruise on the Ryndham several years ago and there must have been 20 or more us dancing away in the disco most nights. This past Christmas I was on the Legend of the Seas and -- same thing. By day 2 there were about a dozen gay guys hanging out together.

Cruise Director on the Legend (Carly) quickly organized a Friends of Dorothy party when we asked. Also, one gay couple was selected to be in the Newlywed Game show. They were fabulous, right down to the big on stage kiss.

Don't be bashful or feel that you have to hide who you are. People go on cruises to relax. They tend to leave their prejudice on the dock.

Oh, and by the way: when you do hook up with others, talk to the Maitr'd about seating you together. I've done this a couple of times without difficulty.
Old February 12th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Zack713

Hello to all...

I will be on the Queen Mary March 9th sailing out of NewYork if any one else is on this BIG LADY we will need to hook up and have some fun! Let me know and I'll see you there...
Old February 15th, 2005, 07:56 PM
J.P. Evans

I'm going on the March 9th sailing on the QM2 going with Pied Piper

J.P.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 09:39 PM
dc

What ships offer late night steam room access?
Old February 25th, 2005, 02:33 PM
rob1981

I am a 23yo gay male from california, Ive spent the last 3 summers going on a str8 cruise. The last time was AWESOME, I went on the Grand Princess out of san juan puerto rico, the 1st day the had a FOD meeting, with about 10 of us at the meeting. We ended up hanging out as a group even going to a nude beach on one of the french islands well good luck hope you have a fun and safe trip

p.s i am looking for a travel partner for this June, if your interested drop me a line and lets chat rob1981sac@yahoo.com
Old March 4th, 2005, 08:39 PM
stevens

Any gay gauy on the Norweign Dream 3-13-05 week?
Let me know if you are

Steven
Old February 3rd, 2014, 01:01 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Talking First Cruise ever!!! HELP!!!

Hi guys My name is Justin, I'm 27 years old and going on my first cruise !!! So excited....I wanted to go on a gay cruise however this is for a Christmas family reunion thing lol....going with the whole fam omg kill me now haha. But I was just wondering, any fellow gay travelers going to be aboard the
Norwegian Dawn for the week of Dec. 21-28th 2014? Looking for friends maybe some fun? Idk lol I normally don't do that but hey its a vacation right? lol . Please speak up I feel more comfortable with gay people than I do Breeders lol. I NEED GAY PEOPLE ON THIS SHIP PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP SO WE CAN MEET UP AND GO HAVE SOME FUN, LATE NIGHT DRINKS, Swims, Steams, and what ever else happens and if nothing in the "way" happens then its all good too. mainly want to meet new gay people to be my friend for the week abroad as none of my friends can attend . Please I cant go a whole week with out my gay family!!! HELP HELP HELP!!! Thanks and I hope there are a few of us going .
Old February 3rd, 2014, 01:03 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschrock86 View Post
Hi guys My name is Justin, I'm 27 years old and going on my first cruise !!! So excited....I wanted to go on a gay cruise however this is for a Christmas family reunion thing lol....going with the whole fam omg kill me now haha. But I was just wondering, any fellow gay travelers going to be aboard the
Norwegian Dawn for the week of Dec. 21-28th 2014? Looking for friends maybe some fun? Idk lol I normally don't do that but hey its a vacation right? lol . Please speak up I feel more comfortable with gay people than I do Breeders lol. I NEED GAY PEOPLE ON THIS SHIP PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP SO WE CAN MEET UP AND GO HAVE SOME FUN, LATE NIGHT DRINKS, Swims, Steams, and what ever else happens and if nothing in the "way" happens then its all good too. mainly want to meet new gay people to be my friend for the week abroad as none of my friends can attend . Please I cant go a whole week with out my gay family!!! HELP HELP HELP!!! Thanks and I hope there are a few of us going .
Old June 20th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschrock86 View Post
A group of friends and I will be going on the cruise the week before you do.. Dec. 14-21st 2014. It'll be my first cruise as well... I'm thinking there will be plenty of gays around everywhere.. I can't figure out how to find more people sailing on my cruise, any ideas?
Old June 21st, 2014, 06:59 PM
Familiar Face

very near the Purser's Desk there will be a Bulletin Board where Passengers look for scrabble, bridge etc partners-sometimes there will be an ad under LGBT meetings in certain Lounges-FOD is kind of Passe but I still see it on some ships-other than that, just sit in the main loung and when a winner walks by, stick your leg out & trip him(lol) gooood luck!
Looking 4 a cabin mate 4 Oct 12-22nd 2014 NYC to Quebec- Ruby Princess-10 days - $1060.00 each plus air - let me know! guillaume