Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2005, 03:52 PM
J.

Default Are non-gays welcome?

I have always wondered for the sake of a new type of experience, are heterosexual people welcome on "gay cruises" or "all-gay cruises?"
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to MikeandGary Send a message via Yahoo to MikeandGary
Default Re: Are non-gays welcome?

I have never been on an "all gay" cruise but I wouldn't see why not?

Old February 11th, 2005, 07:00 PM
NYC95

Of course heterosexuals are welcome on all gay cruises,why wouldn't they be. I've been on all gay cruises and I've seen heterosexuals on them and no one made a fuss.
Old February 11th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Ron and Jon

We were earmarked "Gay" for good reason. As many friends and family have told us, they have more fun being with gays than not. So I certainly hope that the responces to your question of being welcomed on a gay cruise will be, "OF COURSE".

I have always hoped that when a cruise ship posts an FOD gathering that more of the opened minded straight passengers would come along and join us. We do see some who come and watch from afar but the few that have ventured into our midst are amazed that our social activities are no different than theirs with perhaps a lot more laughter. And meeting us and socializing with us can give one a better understanding that this negative political nonsense currently being expounded about the gay community is just that, pure nonsense.

I guess the plus side for the use of "FOD" is that one can be a friend of Dorothy or a friend of a friend of Dorothy. Therefore if we are to use GLBT, let us add "and friends"
Old February 11th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Mark and Michael

I would hope that "straights" (and I really dislike labels) would feel welcome on a "gay" cruise. In fact, it would be a great thing to have more on our cruises so that the stereotypic perceptions of us can be eroded. I read a posting about "bumping" of straight passengers from a gay cruise. I say let the passengers choose and leave the travel agents and cruise lines out of it. We are not freaks, and the rest of the world needs to know that.
Old February 11th, 2005, 10:24 PM
J.

Default Re: Re: Are non-gays welcome?

Yeah, ok thanks. I think I may do this someday if I can find others who would want to too.
Old February 19th, 2005, 11:09 PM
CruisinMaterial

Default Re: Re: Re: Are non-gays welcome?

Hey J,

To answer your question as a gay cruise goer myself, heterosexuals are very much welcome. You might be at the butt of a joke from the comedians but that's only if you chose to make it known that you are heterosexual. I've seen women traveling with gay couples as friends, on the Caribbean Atlantis cruise and again on the Olympics Atlantis cruise this past year there were heterosexual people on board. I haven't heard or seen a heterosexual male coming on board but I do know and do hear amongst my straight friends that we gay boys sure know how to cruise and party better than the straight crowd so I say, welcome aboard. Come along with an open mind and you'll be fine!

~Jake
Old February 21st, 2005, 07:18 PM
Passenger

This might help.

A few years ago some friends and I were aboard an RSVP cruise. We were in the balcony watching the Newlywed Game when it turned just a tad raunchy. We chuckled when the ship's captain took off, thinking we might have "gotten to him." How wrong we were! He came back just a few minutes later with his wife in tow, telling her she couldn't miss this show!

So pack your sense of humor and come on down!
Old February 22nd, 2005, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

J.

Thanks for asking the question, I wondered too. My brother-in-law and his partner of over 20 years throw the best parties my husband and I have ever been too! When I saw some recent photos of a gay cruise it looked like everyone was having a ball. Much more fun than we had on our last cruise. I think I'll check into it for the next one.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old February 24th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Darrell6t

I believe that Olivia does not allow men to book their cruises.