Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Demy

Default I need advise for a hotels Vancouver and Los Angeles.

Hello,
A friend of Paris and me will be cruising in the “Summit” (Celebrity Cruises), from Vancouver, Canada, to Los Angeles, USA, including Alaska (from Sept. 16th to 30th, 2005). Is it a good idea? Any other gay friends in that ship ?
We do not know very well niether Vancouver nor Los Angeles.
Could any one suggest us what to visit in Vancouver and Los Angeles. We are very interested in fine art museums, opera, good restaurants, smart bars in beatiful hotels, etc.
We would need also some information about the hotels where we could spend two or three nights before our cruise (in Vancouver) and after (in Los Angeles).
In both cities, we would like to a get a budget ( !!! ) hotel in a trendy, elegant and fashion district near the boutiques and nicest cafés. We have been told that the nicest districts are the South Granville Rise district in Vancouver, and the “Golden Triangle” in Los Angeles (bounded by Santa Monica and Wilshire boulevards and Crescent Drive, with world-famous Rodeo Drive running right up the middle). What do you think?
We would like to get also some information about gay life in both cities.
We are two nice guys from Paris, in our 40’s, and we love life, sport, art, intelligent conversation and martinis!
Thanks a lot for your help !
Demy
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:38 AM
John & Bill

Default Re: I need advise for a hotels Vancouver and Los Angeles.

Hello Guys
Advise on places in YVR & LAX!!!!
We live in Nanaimo BC Vancouver Island 21km west of Vancouver (Paradise in the Pacific). We recommend the Sandman Hotel on Davie St in the heart of gay mecca and walking distance to everything. The hotel is about $80-100 CDN per night you cant stay much cheaper than that in downtown. It is all suites full kitchen and fab views ask for high floor facing ocean beautiful sunsets. Robson St is the fashion area, theatres are spread out and big name stars throughout the summer. Vancouver can be a bit quiet bars are busy but streets can be quiet but summer time is busier not like Paris. My partner Bill is just waiting to get to Paris perhaps next April.
We lived in LA for a few yrs and hated it. Too spread out please dont think Rodeo dr and famous places are of interest. They are in awful areas, bums/homeless on the streets and not safe.
Disneyland or Magic Mountain theme parks are great but suggest from San Pedro rent a car and go to Palm Springs in the desert (2 hour drive), you will love it there, great bars gay life is most popular in the USA. Wonderful gay hotels restaurants and trendy shopping areas and full of celebrities.
Need anymore info just say hello!
John & Bill
Nanaimo BC Canada
Old April 26th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Demy

Default Re: Re: I need advise for a hotels Vancouver and Los Angeles

To JandBNanaimo@shaw.ca <JandBNanaimo@shaw.ca>

Dear friend,
Thanks a lor for your message. Please keep in contact, !
Old April 30th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Zoom & Sparky

Los Angeles is very spread out. A rental car is necessary. I would avoid the Golden Tringle. I work in it and it's nothing special. Very expensive and not much to do except window shop on Rodeo. Lots of medical offices and talent agencies. When gay friends visit LA I recommend either the Ramada on Santa Monica Blvd or the Belage on San Vicente. I believe the Ramada is more affordable. From either you can walk to most gay bars/restaurants. The Bel Age is on Sunset Strip. If you want to visit the Golden Triangle it's probably a $10 cab ride from either hotel.
Old May 7th, 2005, 05:58 PM
David M

There are many great hotels in the Vancouver area,

The fairmount waterfront or contact www.hellobc.com - they are a great resource for sending out information on all the tourist attractions while you are here, hotels that meet your budget even go to http://www.vcmbc.com/

Hope this helps

David & Dale
Vancouver BC
trvlguy@shaw.ca