Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2005, 11:56 AM
Bryan & Roger

Default The Nile

We are thinking of doing a Nile cruise. Anyone do it and have any info that might be helpful? thanks,
Bryan and Roger

bryger2@aol.com
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2005, 12:33 PM
Tom Schaefer

Default Re: The Nile

I did a tour of Egypt that included a nile cruise. I used A&K tour company. Although pricey, almost everything was included and all first rate. The boat was their own...the Sunboat 4...it was beautiful, service superb and the food great. The cabins were large and roomy. I saw other boats on the Nile...nothing compared to the Sun boat 4.
Compare prices.........if you are doing a cruise and a tour...A&K is the way to go. Although pricey, I really felt that I got more than I paid for.
Note......they use bottled water for cooking ....and during the tours off the boat they take extreme care in insuring you are always safe.....look into it.
by the way.....the crew was very nice to me...asked me if I was married...I said no....a girl firend....I said no...they said what about a boy friend.........so they were up front in telling me no problem...we had lots of discussions,,,,,,
Try them
Old June 1st, 2005, 04:58 PM
Bryan & Roger

Default Re: Re: The Nile

Thanks a lot. We will look into it. Kind of ya. They sound like the type of company we would enjoy using.

Bryan and Roger
Old June 4th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Darrell6t

If you want a Nile cruise and tour of Egypt like no other, look into Hanns Ebensten's trip in November. It is expensive, but the cruise is on the SS Karim, which used to belong to the king of Egypt. A unique experience.
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Mark and Michael

Before I'd spend any money in Egypt, I'd suggest you look into their overt persecution of Gays. This is something that the government is quite proud and defiant about. For some reason "gay" has become synonimous with "terrorist". This gives those in power added justification to root out the undesireables. They have no problem setting up entrapment scenarios using the internet and there are horror stories of torture. Just thought you should know.
Old June 10th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Demy

When are you going ? I could come at the same time. I am 49 male living in France.