Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Harry reporting in from Ensenada

Hi folks,

Here we are in sunny Ensenada ... weather is beautiful sunny and breezy.

Just got done walking about, buying antibiotics and hit Andy´s clothing store where we purchased him a tuxedo, some PJs with angel wings attached and, of course, a pancho. Too cute. They always remember me down here and want us to send a photo of Andy in his duds.

We got on the ship no problem ... our cabin, of course, is the size of a closet, but we are close to the stairs and elevator.

Dinner last night was shrimp scampi, scallops in rissoto, a nice salad, focaccia bread, and an Italian raspberry dessert. Tonight is formal night and filet mignon is on the menu. Needless to say, I have NOT been Starvin´Marvin on the cruise.

Gail told the head waiter that it was our anniversary last night so they came by with the head waiter and a few other waiters to wish us happy anniversary and give us a piece of cake with ä Happy Anniversary sign on it. Very neat.

Only two downsides on the cruise so far is that this Chinese family is haunting us everywhere we go ... they are slow as sin, Grandma is in a wheelchair and has no idea where she is they speak no English. Guess they didn´t understand when I said, Get the hell outta my way! The other pain thing last night is this table of 6 or 7 frat boys who think we are in Hussongs when we are at dinner. The head waiter told them last night to quiet down, and then I spoke with him after, and he said if they are noisy tonight, out they go. Yeah!

(Man I hate these Spanish keyboards ... can´t find the quote marks and the shift key is in the wrong place.)

We´re just gonna poke around town for a bit more and then head over to the El Cid Hotel for lunch and some margaritas. Yummmm

Hope all is well there ... we watched ¨Mee the Fokkers¨this morning on TV ... very funny movie.

OK better wrap up ... see ya Monday ... tomorrow is a day at sea.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2005, 11:02 AM
rodraad

Default Re: Harry reporting in from Ensenada

the food sounds heavenly :]
Old June 21st, 2005, 03:32 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to chipandjohn

We know your back. you're too quite. How was the cruise and when is your next one.
I think you guys should join us this fall. You have two cruises to choose from or both.
john

HAC Oosterdam 04/14/07,Celebrity Century 04/00, Horizon 11/01,Millennium 12/01 Infinity 10/04, Zenith 12/05,Princess Caribbean 09/02, Sun 11/03, Island 09/06 RCCL Mariner 05/06 Carnival Victory 03/03
Carnival Freedom
Old June 21st, 2005, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Hey John, we had a great time ... it was nice to be away from work and the phone.

We've got the Cruisemates Hawaii cruise for January for 15 nights ... that seems to be the next big one.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old June 22nd, 2005, 03:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just viewed your photos of your cabin on Monarch..........Those are, indeed, very small cabins! Must have been some odd manuvering for a tall person as yourself. :-)

Post Edited (06-23-05 18:57)
Old June 22nd, 2005, 04:26 PM
Admiral

, too funny. Yep the Monarch's cabins are really cabin-ettes.

We usually didn't have much of a problem -- unless we were both standing and trying to move at the same time. I recall one evening getting ready for dinner, and I had to point Art to stand by the vanity, so I could move between the beds to get my coat on.

However, apart from that, I love the Monarch -- great ship, easy to maneuver about and easy on the wallet.

Article should be coming up in a week or two.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!