Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Yeoman

Default For Harry Re: Monarch of the Seas

Harry, tried to get info in the RCI forum, but no luck so far. I was wondering if you could give me any info you have on the Monarch. I will be on her 1/27 for my birthday, and last year when we cruised on the Carnival Pride, you were so helpful. I know she is an older ship and a bit smaller, but what else can we expect that will be different. We are booked into a Jr. Suite which I am hoping is less cramped than your interior. What is the crowd like? Is Jade Sushi included in the price, or an extra fee. How about Sorrentos...What is that? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you so much for your help.

Carnival Liberty
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: For Harry Re: Monarch of the Seas

Old June 25th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

The Junior Suite should be great -- much more room, and a balcony too.

The ship is great in that it is very easy to get your bearings (important during a short cruise).

Jade is extra for the sushi ... never done it. Sorrentinos is on teh second floor of the Windjammer and serves pizza at certain times, same with the deli sandwiches on the second floor.

We had excellent service on the cruise last week .. the ship comes across as a happy one ... the staff and crew seemed all well taken care of. Food was good to very good in the dining room.

The 3 night cruises are usually a younger crowd and more boisterous. However, when we sailed twice before in January, there were far fewer kids and a more sedate crowd, due to the off-vacation time of the sailings.

I am going to be writing an article for Cruisemates about her in the ocming week or so, so I will post a heads up when it's on the Home page.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old June 25th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Mark and Michael

Fitz:
If I may offer what may prove to be some useful information. My partner and I were on the Splendour of the Seas two months ago for a Western Caribbean-Mexico cruise.
We had purchased a suite as well but did not know that it was directly under the Windjammer restaurant. The noise was dreadful! The staff started setting up for the next days breakfast at about midnight and continued on until about 6 a.m. This made sleep all but impossible. We met with the guest relations manager and the Hotel manager but unfortunately there were no suites available to move us. Just a word of caution, if the configuration of the Monarch is the same as the Splendour make sure your accommodation is not under the Windjammer. Have a great cruise and Happy Birthday!
Mark
Old June 25th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Yeoman

Mark, Thanks for the advice and the birthday wishes. I just looked on the rccl website and it lools like our cabin (#1062) is right under the pool. I hope this is a little better than being under windjammer. I guess only time will tell. Thanks again, Tim

Carnival Liberty