Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2005, 06:18 PM
carl6868

Default meeting guys on board

Any special place to hook up on board a cruise ship? I've never been on one and didn't know if there is some sort of protocol for meeting other gay men at sea.

thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2005, 10:03 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to DPMinc
Default Re: meeting guys on board

Well the first thing you did right, was to post a roll call here on this chat board looking for other family members on your cruise. Since you are sailing on a CCL ship, there will NOT be a meeting posted in the CCL Capers on the ship, annoucing a Friends of Dorothy meeting, so that will not help. NCL will post a meeting.

Places on the ship for the best place to meet others, will be the disco, or lounges onboard, of course walking around the pool, you are sure to spot other family members.

Paul

Norwegian Dream, Sun, Spirit
Royal Caribbean Grandeur/Sea
Old July 31st, 2005, 01:09 AM
Ruben

Thanks for posting. This wll be my first cruise as wel and would looove to know where to meet guys on [or 'below' ] board . Please respond to this query - time's running out Boarding 1st August on Century (Celebrity Cruise lines) to Northern Europe. Ruben.
Old July 31st, 2005, 07:39 AM
Ron & Jon

Don't forget your Rainbow lapel pin. Others are looking for YOU too. Have a great cruise
Old August 5th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Greg S

Not to be too stereotype-y, but, HEY--if it works it works...

Check out the piano bar. Although you're not likely to find circuit party boys there, I've found it's often a good place to meet more mature and interesting gentlemen. Sorry for the cliche, but where there's showtunes...

Greg
Old August 13th, 2005, 08:52 AM
GreggH

My partner and I have been on several cruises and find that your gaydar works at least as well on land as on sea. Almost everyone onboard is looking to meet new people, so don't hesitate to initiate a chat. You'll likely find that even most of the "straight" people on a cruise are gay-friendly. If you are lucky, the Cruise Director will post a Friends of Dorothy meeting sometime early in the cruise. But, in our experience, you can't depend on it. Our best experience was on the Celebrity Mercury, where the Assistant Cruise Director sponsored a FoD meeting the second day and even paid for a round of drinks. A recent cruise on NCL Spirit featured FoD meetings about every other day. In contrast, we just returned from an Alaska cruise on NCL Dream where we repeatedly asked both the Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director to list an FoD in the daily newsletter, but they never did.
Old August 13th, 2005, 01:12 PM
SeattleCruiseBuddy

sauna and steamrooms, late afternoon when everyone else is getting ready for dinner.
Old August 14th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Chip

Default Re: Re: meeting guys on board

That is so cool! They call it a Friends of Dorothy Meeting?
Old August 21st, 2005, 09:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

It's kinda funny, on one of our first cruises I saw a "Friends of Dorothy Meeting" listed in the daily paper. I thought, wow that's strange, that's what we used to call Gay people. I didn't go because I thought that nobody would use such an old expression in this modern day. Why not ask for a GLBT get together? Jim Bragg, what do you think? Are the cruise lines ready? They like our money? Jimbo