Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Passenger

Default Zuiderdam-Aprl 8th-2006

hi all;

really early, but going on the zuiderdam from fll on april 8th,,, 2 gay couples so far...
my partners 50th birthday while on board, so should be a blast,,,can't wait

ignazio/marco

Old August 24th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Mark and Michael

Default Re: Zuiderdam-Aprl 8th-2006

Ignazio:
You'll love the Zuiderdam. It's a beautiful ship that has only been in operation a few years. We took it to the Caribbean its first season and it was quite a treat. Since you are celebrating a special birthday, I suggest you make reservations in the ships most up-scale reastaurant "Pinnacle". When we sailed, they were calling it "Odyssey". There was a small charge per person but it was well worth it. It is a much smaller venue with a much more sophisticated feeling without being stuffy. This restaurant books up fast so be diligent. Also, don't forget to make your massage appointments as soon as you board, this way you'll get the days and times you prefer. Have a great cruise and a very early happy birthday to your partner!
-Mark
Old August 25th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Zuiderdam-Aprl 8th-2006

hi there mark;

just curious on what type of accomodations u did in the zuiderdam,

ignazio/marco

Old August 25th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Mark and Michael

Hi Ignazio!

My partner and I took a Deluxe Verandah Suite. We did this specifically because we were traveling with six other friends and wanted to hold cocktail parties in our cabin prior to dinner. Yes, it was a bit of a luxury but the extra room for entertaining and very comfortable bath with separate shower was very nice. In this category you'll have access to a concierge and lounge where light breakfast, lunch and canapes goodies are there for your enjoyment (at least they were on our trip). Whatever category you take I strongly suggest at least a small balcony. The sea air is amazingly revitalizing and it's nice to roll out of bed and grab some while you're having your morning coffee. Are you making your own travel arrangements or are you using a travel agent? If you haven't been already, go onto Holland America's web site and check out your options.
Best to you- Mark
Old August 26th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Passenger

Hi there mark;

we are also doing a deluxe suite - actually one of the aft cabins 5187.....some messages show that the suites are smaller, but wonderdul balconies....
did u have an aft suite

ignazio/marco

Old August 26th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Mark and Michael

Good morning-
Actually we were pretty much midship as I remember. Have always wondered about those aft suites, looks like they have big balconies.
Have fun!
Mark