CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Gay / Lesbian Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/)
-   -   Grand Princess - October 5, 2005 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/282863-grand-princess-october-5-2005-a.html)

Greg & David August 28th, 2005 12:49 PM

Grand Princess - October 5, 2005

Just curious: Are any other gay couples sailing on the October 5, 2005 sailing of the Grand Princess (Grand Mediterranean, Venice to Barcelona)?

Both of us have cruised on Princess before and love to make new friends. We're 31 and 40 years old, but it's a vacation so we've decided to be 21 again! Maybe we have the same shore excursions already planned, or we can help each other find a gay bar in Venice - LOL.

Don't be shy .... drop us a line. You never know - we may spot each other at the Skywalker Lounge or on the gangway. See you there!

Greg & David

Greg & David September 5th, 2005 07:11 PM

Re: Grand Princess - October 5, 2005

A month to go and we're VERY excited!

QUESTION (for fellow Princess cruisers):

Does anyone know what the rules or regulations are in regard to bringing liquor onboard? We've heard that on some cruises, you are given your duty-free liquor purchase until the end of the cruise. If that's the case, does Princess allow you to bring shoreside liquor purchases onboard? An icy martini on our balcony sounds mmmm Mmmmmm.

Greg & David

Jerry & Kirk September 5th, 2005 07:45 PM

Hi Greg and David,

The answer is NO, you can't bring liquor onboard at embarkation or from a port stop, however, you can try to sneak it onboard in your check-in luggage (not your carry-on). Should you be caught, the worst scenerio is that they will confiscate it and give it back to you at the end of the cruise. For final word on the subject, I suggest you call a Princess rep (1-800 princess) . I did this with Celebrity Cruises just last week and they told me EXACTLY what their policy was....NO. Give Princess a call.

Jerry

Harry Martin September 5th, 2005 08:50 PM

Greg and David,

Jerry is right -- just put it in your checked luggage and you should have no problem (I never have had). And to be honest, I have been known to throw a "water" bottle into my carry-on, too. :-)

In the duty free shop, your liquor purchases are not delivered till the last day of the cruise. You can, however, purchase through room service a bottle ... I think if you search the Princess board archives, someone posted the cost ... just play around with the search words -- maybe liquor + room service.

In port, I have never had a problem bringing liquor back from port ... I just put it in our backpack.

Harry