Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2005, 10:27 PM
Familiar Face

Default Gay Nightlife in La Romana

I know it's probably a stretch, but I thought I'd post to see if there is any gay nightlife in La Romana, Dominican Republic.

Our Dec 10 cruise on the Lirica will be in La Romana until midnight, so it would be cool if there were any gay or gay-friendly bars/clubs to visit during our evening stay.

If not, we will also be in San Juan until midnight, and I know there are a few hot spots to visit during our evening in port in that city.

As always, I appreciate any replies.
Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Passenger

Hate to say La Ramona, however strkingly beautiful, is really for the tourists.

Gay life in Dominican Republis is very Santo Domingo centered
Old November 13th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Beginner

Hate to disagree with the last post, but myself and my partner stopped in LA Romana on the RSVP Cruise and I have to tell you, LA Romana is DISGUSTING!!!!, we went into town, and this has to be one of the poorest towns in the DR. Nothing but shanty stores selling overpriced tee-shirts and other tacky tourist stuff. We actually felt unsafe as there was hordes of young boys begging for money at every turn. There was a nice side, in a closed resort, but it was an 45 min ride by bus to get there, and then U had to pay a days visit- my understanding it was 15.00 US per person.
We did however find a bar that was open to have a drink, I had a beer as did the other two, that were with us. My partner had a rum and coke, which was a bad thing..because they didn't tell us on the boat, not to drink the water because the DR has the highest content in parasites. In the resorts you are fine , but in town is a different story, after a nite of stomach cramps and the " other thing", my partner was feeling better and could enjoy the rest of the cruise. My advise, stay on the boat...
Old November 20th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Passenger

oops

I forgot to mention I headed straight to Altos de Chevon (near La Ramona)

This is a replica-town, made of stone to resemble an old European village, with a number of shops and restaurants.