Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Beginner

Default Atlanis Events...Theme nights?

Ok, I have seen some pics and read a few things about different party themes, and door decorating. My question is, just how far do these guys go? I have a pair of camouflage pants, and I have a white shirt. So I guess that covers dog tag tea dance, and a white party. What other theme parties will be happening? I saw something about Mardi Gras, and 80"s night. Whats up with the door decorating? Do most guys do something, or is it just the one's with LOTS of time on their hands? I also heard something about a precruise party the night before we board? We will be staying in South Beach for threee days before the cruise. Is this something that Atlantis Events puts on and will they let us know about its location and time?
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2005, 07:11 PM
First Mate

Hey there... Just got back from the Atlantis Mexican Riviera cruise... and yes there is a theme party nearly every night and many guys do participate in dressing up. Typically there is a Mardi Gras party and dress ranged from full masks and costumes with feathers, leather to nearly nothing at all. Anything pretty much goes. You can always just wear beads too. We also had the traditional white party... and also the 80's Disco party.

As far as door decorating... there are some that will put up pics of themselves and leave a dry erase board for messages. Atlantis will usually have a party at the pre/post cruise hotel. This is usually posted on the website for the particular cruise and in emails that you will get several weeks before the cruise.

Are you an Atlantis virgin? I was prior to the cruise on the Radiance and I had a blast.... LOTS of fun... great guys... great shows... great parties. I needed another vacation after I got back to get some sleep....
RCCL Voyager 10/04
RCCL Enchantment 10/03
RCCL Adventure 2/03
Carnival Imagination 10/97
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Beginner

Default wiscguy2

Yes, my partner abd I have never cruised before. We have talked about it alot, but after spending a week in Ptown during carnival...we decided we definately wanted a gay cruise. We just want to be prepared for the unknown. I hope its everything I hope it is going to be
Old November 16th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I don't know whether you saw this article here on Cruisemates, but here is the link agagin:

http://cruisemates.com/articles/gayles/Atlantis.cfm

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old December 8th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to CanadaCruiseBoyz

I'm the guy that wrote that article that Harry just posted, and I can tell you from experience that an Atlantis Cruise is a total Blast. You will definately have fun. The costumes and door decorating is a big thing... the first time we went we had no idea that people did this... so we went much better prepared the 2nd cruise. This January cruise I will be going equally prepared and have been shopping around for some things to put on the stateroom door and looking for some more costume stuff.

Hope you have a good time on the cruise.... if you're like me... it will be the best vacation of your life... and you will probably be signing up for future cruises.

Take care,

Ian