Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2005, 12:33 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Rob M.
Default Call me ignorant...but what occurs at a FOD meeting?

Hello,

I was wondering what actually takes place at a FOD meeting on the ship? I have visions in my mind of an AA esq. meeting where everyone is in a circle and takes turns "Hi my name is ---- and I'm a homosexual"

Can someone explain what takes place?

Crown Princess - Southern Caribbean 10/27/2007

Freedom of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean 2/24/2008

Radiance of the Seas - Hawaii Circle Cruise - Fall 2008

Past Cruises:
Grand Princess - W. Caribbean - Jan 2006
Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - Jan 2005
Radiance of The Seas - September 2006 - 14 nights R/T Los Angeles to Hawaii
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2005, 12:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Rob, much more relaxed than that ... It's usually more like a small cockail party in which people say hello and chit chat.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old December 1st, 2005, 03:06 PM
First Mate

A FOD "meeting" is not one as such but a gathering of gay and gay positive people who get together for social cocktails at any pre designated spot. We share information about the ship, what's in what's not and probably most importantly, make dinner plans together. Some of us may not be happy with our pre designated table mates and this is the place to see if one can join another table for either a sitting or for the duration of the cruise. It further gives you the opportunity to meet fellow passengers with similar interests to join in land tours. You may not find any advantage at such a "meeting" but you will never know unless, of course you first participate.
Old December 4th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Passenger

Out of 12 cruises, I've only been to one FOD meeting. It was on the Golden Princess on the western Caribbean itinerary. About 10 of us showed up plus the cute assistant cruise director. He's the one I had asked the day before if one was scheduled, and he told me that it was already on the schedule.

He bought a round of drinks for everyone. We basically chatted with everyone for about 45 minutes. We had to leave the room because a Jewish service was going to start 15 minutes later and some folks had started arriving. (The FOD party was late afternoon in Skywalkers.)

We ended up going on an excursion with one couple we met at the party. Something we had booked earlier and told them about.