Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2005, 02:28 PM
Passenger

Default Where should I stay in Ft. Lauderdale?

I'm arriving on the night of Dec 10th in Ft. Lauderdale and need a place for the night,any recommendations? I really don't care if it's a gay hotel or guesthouse.

I will also need to get myself to the Port of Miami on the 11th should I just cab it? or rent a car?

Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Passenger

We've had good luck for pre- and post-cruise hotel rooms through Priceline. Check out Bidding for Travel to find out info on successful (and unsuccessful) bids people have made.

Our favorite hotel was the Marriott Marina. It was a bargain at $55 a night. It's a 3* in the downtown zone. We've also stayed at a couple of the hotels near the airport. We bid on that zone when we can't get anything in the downtown or beach zones.

We stayed at the Elysium (a gay place) after last year's cruise. It's really a place we needed longer to enjoy it. We had an early morning flight, for instance, and left at 6:30 in the morning--before anyone was up.
Old December 6th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to rockysilvosa

I have also stayed at the Elysium following a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale and highly recommend this gay hotel. However I concur that you really need more than a one day stay to appreciate this resort. I stayed there for three days and it was just as enjoyable as the cruise. It is gay owned and friendly. There is a good internet site for this place. All rooms have cooking facilities and two nice pools. Very friendly clients. Reasonable prices.
Old December 18th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Familiar Face

We arrived in Ft Lauderdale on Dec 10 also, only to find our hotel we booked online was closed for remodeling. We went from hotel to hotel, only to find everything was full.

Luckily, I remembered this post, and called the Elysium at about 7pm. They had two rooms left, that our group quickly snapped up. Very friendly owners and front desk staff made us feel like family. Gorgeous grounds, with two pools and a large hot tub. Extra-friendly guests as well. We went out for dinner and bar-hopping, and returned to the Elysium and enjoyed the hot tub and meeting the various guests.

My only wish is that we had more than one night there.

I plan on returning to the Elysium in April for several days prior to my next cruise.

Huge rooms, big kitchens, free videos of all kinds, great breakfast you can eat poolside. Also, you can enjoy the grounds the entire day after you check out of your room. Walking distance to gay beach, and a very short drive to all the bars.
Old December 18th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Snick's, Gosh your post made me feel great -- glad it worked out for you.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!