CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Gay / Lesbian Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/)
-   -   What are "moved" posts? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/305145-what-moved-posts.html)

seattleguy37 December 11th, 2005 09:02 PM

What are "moved" posts?

Whats up with that? Were these posts moved from other forums to this one or are they being moved out of this forum?

Mike M December 11th, 2005 09:08 PM

Seattle:

Moved posts are just posts that get moved to another board where they will be viewed by more people to get activity. They still remain on the original board so they are seen in both places. It's a much better way to do it than moving it and no one knows where it went plus it's double exposure for the original poster.

The "Roll Call" posts are moved to the Meet on Board, board so they can be seen.

I hope that explains it.

Take care,
Mike

Donna December 13th, 2005 08:06 AM

HI SG,
Seems there are a lot of roll calls here and there is a specific folder for all those by cruiseline. Hopefully if they are there, they will get more views, like Mike mentioned, so be sure to check in those folders for people sailing soon.

stebul December 17th, 2005 03:05 PM

The only problem with this logic is that people are posting in this Gay/Lesbian forum because they are interested in finding other G/L travelling companions. Of course, most of us get along with everyone, but it should be the posters decision whether to post on both this board and the cruise line board.

Donna December 17th, 2005 05:51 PM

Hi Stebul,
There is also no reason you can't post in both folders, right?

stebul December 18th, 2005 03:20 PM

Gay and lesbian cruisers do often post in both boards, however there is a very good reason to not auto-repost the messages from this board into the cruise line or destination boards. On the gay/lesbian board, I identify myself as a gay traveller. On the cruise line/destination boards I do not identify myself as a gay traveller. Based off my observations on CruiseMates and other similar websites, this is the norm for gay and lesbian travellers.

Unfortunately, we do not yet live in a time where everyone is accepting of the gay and lesbian community. I know CruiseMates does an excellent job of moderating the boards and would promptly remove any derogatory postings, but why even have a G/L board at all if most of the posts are going to be redirected into the cruise line or destination boards? The whole purpose behind a board such as this is to build a community around people with common interests. I'm surprised that I am the only one commenting about this.

To repeat, I think the poster should be allowed to decide which boards a message gets posted on. Cross posting most messages in this board would damage the small but functional community and might encourage some gay/lesbian cruisers to post someplace else. I too would like to see an increased volume of message postings on CruiseMates, but this is not the way to do it.

Ron n Jon December 18th, 2005 08:15 PM

There has been a tendency on this board by those who control it to demonstrate their solidarity with the gay community by their declarations that there should be no differences between us and that we should all be as one. This is most commendable.

While your level of openness and acceptance is a marvel in today's world and much appreciated, it is not unfortunately shared by all. We are asked to forget our differences and join you. But note, it is we who are asked to join you, not you being asked to join us. With miner exception, you would be most welcomed in our social milieu. Can you say the same of your milieu? I think not.

We migrate to sights as this because we know that we will not be subjected to the enourmous discrimination that is levied by the straight community, granting this minor exception.

Harry Martin December 18th, 2005 11:11 PM

I think Stebul made a very good point about posts being moved to "meet on board" ... I'm gonna talk with my Cruisemates comrades.

Harry

Donna December 19th, 2005 09:30 AM

Hi Stu,
The roll calls are now all back in here, but I did notice a lot of replies when they were in the meet on board, so just be sure to check in both.

seattleguy37 December 20th, 2005 05:03 PM

I have no problem posting in the meet on board folders, as long as they are gay friendly. By choice I have never posted gay-related topics in chit-chat and other forums, confining those posts to here. Even though I have never detected any kind of intolerance I just assumed they wouldn't want to hear about it. I'm sure most of the regulars in chit-chat have figured me out and not once have I gotten any kind of disrespect and for that I commend cruisemates and the moderators of the message boards.

It seemed like most gays posted their meet on boards in here because it just made sense that this would be the first room a gay person would look in. It was that way for me. However, I do look in both rooms.

I'm not at all offended and put off that the posts went up in those rooms, I really just didn't know what "moved" meant, but I do now.

Thanks.