Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Familiar Face

Default Brilliance Transatlantic April 2006

I am 55 yr old gay male. Just wondering if there are any other gay men on the above cruise. I shall be on this cruise travelling alone (alas) and would be happy to meet up socially with other "family" members for chat or cocktails...
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2006, 12:16 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to tomjohnsonjr

I will be on this trip. I am Tom from south florida
Old February 1st, 2006, 06:47 PM
Passenger

Who all is going on this April 28th Trans Atlantic cruise on the Brilliance Of The Seas??
Old February 1st, 2006, 09:08 PM
Familiar Face

Tom,

I am on the cruise and at this point it looks very much as though you are the only other. I am sure there will be more gay men on the cruise but many do not know about this web site from my past experience. Last time one of the guys placed a small notice in the Library - Friends of Dorothy Meeting in one of the lounges 5pm...before the main seating for Dinner.
May be we could do the same and see whether it gets any response. Some times the Cruise Director will place it on the Daily Newspaper but sometimes they are very reluctant for some reason.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 06:04 PM
Passenger

I am sure there will more guys on the cruise. Its going to be a nice trip on a great ship.
Old February 17th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to TRexTex

We were on the Brilliance for the Transatlantic crossing a couple of years ago. I'd posted something on this board and there was only one other person who responed: it turned out there were about 20 gay guys on the trip. Some from Germany and New Zealand, as well as some Americans.

Our pictures are at http://marzke.org/html/20030428Trans...ansPeople.html and http://marzke.org/html/20030428Trans/20030428Trans.html

Have fun![/url]
Old February 18th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Passenger

Hello Rex;
Thank you for the pictures that was very nice of you. How was your trip and cruise on the Brilliance?
Tom
Old February 23rd, 2006, 02:32 AM
Passenger

I am NOT traveling on that sailing - However, a suggestion > Check the ship's daily program schedule to see if they have any " FRIENDS of
DOROTHY" meetings on the ship. Some cruise lines will publish a
listing of F.O.D. meetings - others are more up tight and will not - but do check it out - it has often worked for us.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 09:59 AM
Passenger

Default Request A Meeting

The best way to get a "friends of Dorothy" Meeting is to request it.

I have done this several times and have never been denied. I have read on some of these boards that some cruise directors have denied some requests, but most dont.

This is what I do: On the first evening of my cruise, I take stationary from my cabin and hand write a note to the Cruise Director asking if he would be so kind to organize at time and meeting place for a F.O.D. or GLBT meeting, what ever he would be comfortable with, and post it in the daily news letter with all the other activities. I leave my name and stateroom number. I have always been accomodated. In addition, Princess supplied us with free champagne for the gathering. Celebrity Millenium called it a GLBT meeting, which I think is very cool.

19 cruises total on all different lines including RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Sea Dream. Our 20th Cruise is October 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas.
Old March 1st, 2006, 07:29 PM
Passenger

Will you try to post a F.O.D. on the Brilliance? If so please let us know how it went. Have a great cruise!!!!!!