Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Any Lesbians??

Greetings!

I have been reading posts since booking my cruise on the Sapphire Princess 4/22 voyage last week and noticed a stunning lack of women!

Have they all be resigned to their cabins or is there some fear of water I just don't know about?

I would like very much to visit with fellow gay sailors. I am also interested in possibly going to Europe later on this year.

Okay, enough of my babbling. Hello to one and all regardless of gender
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Passenger

Marit,

See my posting on "boycott RCI" just below this.

My partner Briand and I sat at a table for 10 for breakfast one morning. At the table were two ladies who were very enjoyable in their mid 50's. They used the word "we" a couple of times and their interaction with each other was very close, but hard to tell if they were gay. I am pretty sure they were, but to ask could put them in an awkward situation for fear of outing them when they wished not to be.

In anyevent a LGBT gathering could have solved this issue and if they attended, we could have known. In addition, there seemed to me to be at least 3 women couples that I could detect on the ship. A LGBT could have brought us all together.

Lastly, Princess will hold a LGBT meeting, so if you plan on traveling with hopes to meet other Gay Couples, Princess is your best bet. I think you will really enjoy the cruise line.

19 cruises total on all different lines including RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Sea Dream. Our 20th Cruise is October 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas.
Old March 28th, 2006, 02:37 PM
First Mate

To Merit 1354

We have said this here before, namely we are not getting the availability
of the cruisemate.com site out there to fellow travellers. Every cruise we
take, at least those where we are allowed a FOD gathering, we meet
fellow gay and lesbian travellers who have never heard of this site. And
so a big welcome indeed. But we wonder how many of them wished they
had taken note of this site before leaving the ship.

Now we cut, paste and duplicate the address and print them.
http://www.http://cruisemates.com/fo...forum.php?f=42 We cut the
strips and take them with us on our travels. When asked to, we can
supply the very address needed to join us on line. For the more input we
read, the more informed we become
Old March 28th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Marit, hope you love the Sapphire Princess. We took her sisiter, Diamond, twice and loved it. My sister and her boyfriend just took their cruise on Sapphire (their first Princess one) and had a great time.

Princess does post Freidns of Dorothy meetings (should probably be your first sea day) so be sure and go to that.

Also, check out the mexico board here for ideas on what to do in port.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old March 29th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

As a Gal Pal myself (hate the word lesbian), I travel alone most of my cruises. When there is a FOD meeting, I am usually the only female there. I don't even bother going to them anymore. I have noticed other female couples onboard but they act like they don't want to be disturbed. I was going to a FOD meeting on the Zuiderdam and my gaydar went off big time when two women stepped into the elevator with me. I looked and them and asked if they were going to the FOD meeting and they said "no way". They knew what it was but just preferred to stay "anonymous". Whatever. I wish there were more females that would post on this board and maybe even come to FOD meetings when on a ship. I end up meeting the nicest people cruising and wish just one or two was gay. Off my soapbox. Happy cruising all.

Maasdam, September 23, 06
Amsterdam, October 30, 06
Volendam, December 13, 06
Constellation, April 13, 07
Old March 30th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

The Term Gay Pal, not lesbian, hmm it is an idea. the word lesbian sounds so harsh, pehaps I could be an 'ellener':-)

I just might make it a project to drag some women out of the closet, kitchen, toolshed or wherever else they are hiding. I would so like to meet singles too...ahh dream on 8)
Old April 1st, 2006, 06:12 PM
Passenger

Default Lesbians cruising

My partner and I have been on many cruises over the past 5 years -- a couple of times with gay groups (not gay charters) but mostly alone. We usually run into one or two other lesbian couples, and are aware of many gay men on board.

This year all the cruises we were on held FOD meetings - on the Summit (Celebrity), and the Caribbean Princess and Sapphire Princess. The Saphhire held three on a 7-day cruise! We always go, and are generally the only women who attend.

BTW, the Sapphire was wonderful. We generally prefer Celebrity, but the Sapphire was a pleasant surprise!

Have fun!

-Ruth