Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Beginner

Default Ft. Lauderdale to Miami Cruise Port Transportation

We wil be spending the night at a hotel on Ft. Lauderdale Beach the night before our cruise. Could someone please give me advise on the best and CHEAPEST way to get to the Miami cruise port? I was quoated $65.00 by SuperShuttle and that seem a little high. Does anyone know if it would be cost effective to rent a car and drop it off in Miami or how about taking a taxi or town car?
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Passenger

Default FL Rental Car

Most of the major car companies will drop at the port in Miami. Check to make sure, but I know that I rented from Avis and they picked up and dropped. Hard to check the prices not knowing your dates of travel, but a quick check found about $30 for an economy car, picking up in FLL and dropping in MIA, getting on Friday and dropping on Saturday.

I guess you also have to look at the cost of parking and the few gallons or gas used. The nice thing about it is, you are in control.

My partner and I did this when our cruise came in to MIA and we had an 8 hour wait for our flight.

bob