Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2006, 09:21 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival... gay friendly?

Myself and my partner will be on Carnival Triumph on July 22nd. Anyone got any experiences as gay cruisers on Carnival? It's our first cruise.. hope we did right! Would be great to hear of the experiences on Carnival of any other gay cruisers!
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:46 AM
Passenger

Hudson - i sure do hope so as well. we booked our first cruise on carnival for oct 1 - the destiny!
Old May 24th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Carnival can be quite gay friendly, despite the stereotypes about their middle-America demographic. Their fun itineraries and good pricing are as a big draw to gay and lesbian cruisers as they are to their our straight counterparts. You won't see FOD meetings advertised in the Carnival Capers, but they don't tend to advertise much of those social meetings except for Friends of Bill W. The staff will be as friendly and professional, and to my knowledge, CCL was the first cruiseline to permit minor same-sex couples who were legal domestic partners the same rights as minor heterosexual married couples.

Hey, on my last CCL cruise, the maitre'd announced two men who were on their honeymoon at dinner one night.
Old May 25th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I agree with everything Starri said.

We have always had a good time on Carnival. A couple years ago, we had one snotty photog who would not take our photo at dinner. So we got back at him a couple nights later, and did all these lovey dovey poses with the straight women who were at our table.

Have a great time!

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old June 3rd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Familiar Face

My partner and I have been on Carnival twice and had a great time. The Triumph is such a beautiful and LARGE ship you WILL notice other same sex couples. Gays seem to be obvious at some events, karaoke,shows, areobics, and the gym are a few suggestions. When you see same sex couples just go up and introduce yourselves. "where are you guys from" can break the ice, and if you guess incorrectly (about thier orientation) you will figure it out soon enough. Remember, some "gay challenged" people can be friendly too. Jimbo
Old June 3rd, 2006, 07:16 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Wnt2loveuforever Send a message via Yahoo to Wnt2loveuforever

I have looked at several CAPERS since the start of 2006 on the Carnival Valor, they do offer Friends of Dorothy Meetings on all their ships..In a statement i got by letter from carnival prior to booking, they informed me that all their ships have followed the trend of other lines with offering FOD meetings on all WEEK LONG or longer cruises.
Old July 15th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to sirtj

Hello all we only cruise on Carnival
I always miss the FOD meetings but we always have a great time. and get to know the staff my partner is a singer and always performs on the ship when he was up on stage one time the CD asked if he was married and he said yes she said where is she he said he is right over there.and she said that's ok huny have you met my staff. Michael and I are celebrating 17 years on the Liberty this Nov, 3 from Rome to Fort Laderdale. I hope you have a great time..

Rog-
12/19/2005 Carnival Legend
4/23/2005 Carnival Sensation
1/24/2005 Carnival Sensation
4/24/1994 Carnival Jubilee
Old July 15th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to sirtj

Hello all, we only cruise on Carnival.
I always miss the F.O.D meetings but we always have a great time. getting to know the staff. My partner is a singer and he always performs on the ship, when he was up on stage one time the CD asked if he was married and he said yes she said where is she, he said he is right over there. she said that's ok huny have you met my staff. Michael and I are celebrating 17 years on the Liberty this Nov, 3 from Rome to Fort Laderdale

Rog-
12/19/2005 Carnival Legend
4/23/2005 Carnival Sensation
1/24/2005 Carnival Sensation
4/24/1994 Carnival Jubilee