Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Beginner

Default Hello

Hi Everyone,

Cindy here, 45, Partner Vicki, 45, From Newton North Carolina.

We will be cruising on September 23, 2006 which is our 1 year anniversary. I have never been on a cruise, Vicki has been on 3.

I enjoy the message boards and hope to meet up with some of you someday.
Old August 26th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to rnewell

Hey there!

My name is Rob and I'm a 32 yo GWM from Massachusetts, about an hour south of Boston.

Work as a social worker in a hospital and have a practice counseling kids.

Love to cruise and do 4-6 a year! Have been on 27 so far including 3 with Atlantis and 1 with RSVP. I am totally comfortable going on straight cruises but have some friends who will only go on gay charters.

Next cruise will be on Star Princess (11/06/06) and then doing TA on the QE2 in January where there will be a group from Pied Piper onboard.
Old September 20th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Beginner

Hello, everyone! My name is Nobbi and this is my first post.

So far I, too, am a cruise virgin. But now I have 4 booked over the next 12 months.

The first one will be the Mexican Riviera with RSVP over Halloween. Unfortunately my partner of 12 years (Husband of 3; thank you Canada!!!) will not be able to go. So I'm going with our housemate.

My sweetie's first cruise will be in February on DCL to the Western Caribbean. We love Disney, so it should be grand. We will also be taking the RSVP trans-atlantic cruise the end of May.

The 4th will be a repositioning Sep. 2007 on the Grand Princess hitting Scandinavian ports. I can't wait.

I work in the medical field and love to travel. I'm an avid plane traveller on active on FlyerTalk. We also love Karaoke and do it at home!!!
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to scooterdal

Hello everybody!

Scott here. I'm a 53 yo GWM from Dallas. I'm a software architect but would rather be traveling.

I've been on 4 cruises so far and I'm hoping that my next one will be Oct 22 on HAL Rotterdam from Athens to Barcelona. Working on making that happen. I also love non-cruise travel.

Dawn Princess - Alaska Aug 2004
Celebrity Constellation - Mediterranean Sept 2003
Orient Lines Odyssey - Mediterranean Aug 2002
Orient Lines Odyssey - Greek Islands Aug 2000
Old September 20th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Passenger

Brian and Tom Here. We are 40 and 41 and have been together for 14 years. We have done a few cruises and love it. We live in Fort Lauderdale and love the fact that we can drive to the ship and be on vacation instantly.

We love to do the 10 day trips out of So. Florida that leave on a Friday and Return on Monday Morning. We take 5 days off for work and get 10 days of Vacation.

We are flying to Barcelona in Oct for a 11 day trip on the Celebrity's Millenium. We are very excited.

Hope to see you on the ships. BTW, I (Tom) have posted some threads about the Friends of Dorothy Meetings. The reason I have is that it bothers me so much when a cruise line wont hold one for us. It feel it is so disrespectful of our community. I just feel that they dont understand how our community socializes with each other and if they do hold a FOD meeting it can make a trip a little nicer. Oh well, what can we do?

Smooth Sailing.

19 cruises total on all different lines including RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Sea Dream. Our 20th Cruise is October 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas.
Old September 20th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Admiral

Hi All!

Chuck & David here from Vancouver, Washington (The Other Vancouver)
I teach school and David is a hairdresser in Portland. We have been on about 25 cruises and have been together 22+ years.

We are booked on three cruises this fall & Winter, two of which are VERY short. But we ARE on a 10 day Panama cruise over Xmas on the Regal Princess. Strangely we are as excited about the two one-day cruises this coming weekend as we are the canal crossing in December.
Old September 28th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Passenger

Hey gang
Dave & Dan here (42 & 43). We've been together 21 years and live in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Both architects. We've been on three cruises, one straight one with my family and two with Atlantis. Booked the Southern Carribean cruise with Atlantis for next March.

1997 Majesty Cruise Lines (I think-)
2002 Norwegian Sun
2005 RCL Navigator of the Seas
2007 RCL Serenade of the Seas
Old September 28th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Passenger

Hi Everyone,

We are a nice content gay couple from Massachusetts. We share the same first name (Paul) and the same age...and we got legally married in June 2004 three weeks after our state allowed same-sex marriage. If you get married here in Massachusetts, one person can take their spouse's last name...but in our case, that wouldn't work. Same first and last name...I don't think so!
So we are the Pauls.

When we cruise, our new tablemates love it that we make it easy for them to remember our name.

When we got married, we waited four months to take our honeymoon. In October 2004, we sailed on the Mercury and booked a Royal Suite. We spent 4 days in San Francisco prior to the cruise because my husband ( I love saying that!!!) had never been there and then we hopped on the Mercury for 11 days to Mexico.

We were amazed at how well we were treated on the Mercury. The social director insisted that we attend the Honeymooners and Anniversary Party, which we did. When we entered the party, we saw a few confused looks but Winnie, the social director, informed the attendees that we were from Massachusetts and that yes, we were legally married. The response was extremely positive...I guess it also helped that most of the cruisers came from the San Francisco area.

Our wish is that all our brothers and sisters in the other 49 states will have that opportunity one day. My husband and I have been together for 12 years and getting married was the most important day of our lives!

Now if I can only get him to clean out the garage!!!

Paul and Paul
Old September 29th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Familiar Face

Hello everyone, I'm Lee and my partner is Gary. We have been together for 11 years this October! I'm 41, he's 48, and we live in Pearland, Tx - just outside of Houston, with our 2 Weimaraners...we appreciate the fact that they allow us to live in their house...lol. I am a Flight Attendant and Gary is a nurse. We enjoy cruising and looking forward to being back on board in a few weeks!
S/S Norway - 12/99
Norwegian Majesty - 11/02
Norwegian Sea - 12/02
Norwegian Star - 10/04
Norwegian Star - 04/05
Norwegian Jewel - 10/06
Norwegian Pearl - 6/07
Crown Princess - 10/08
Norwegian Spirit - 4/09
Star Clipper - 09/09
Celebrity Mercury - 10/09
Pride of America - 6/10
Celebrity Eclipse - 11/10
Norwegian Dawn - 2/11
Old September 30th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Yahoo to EdandKit

Hello Men and Women,
We are Walter and Kit Tong, a gay couple from Boston, together 12 years, married for 2. We are both health care professionals and have been on 2 RSVP Royal Clipper cruises, the Spanish and French Riviera in 2001 and the Carribean this year. We are going on the Atlantis South America cruise in Feb 07. We are biracial (asian/caucasian) and intergenerational (41 and 60). Both still working and fighting gravity at the gym.
Dogs have masters and cats have staff. We are staff to 2 demanding cats. Nice to read about you all. Hope to meet some of you one day....
Old October 1st, 2006, 06:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Buzz from Seattle....I went on my first cruise earlier this year and have 2 additional cruises booked for next year all in the Pacific Northwest/Alaska regions.

HAL had 2 FOD meetings. I observed from a distance and was prepared to approach if anyone showed up.....no one did. Sad and disappointing because I know there were other gay people on board. Is it possible not everyone knows what FOD means? Fortunately I met a local straight couple that I hung out with throughout the cruise.

I'm 37, single and not unhappy. I work in the construction industry. Can't picture myself on a gay cruise as I'm not at all into the scene.

Always open to the idea of new buds here in the Pacific Northwest or anywhere.

Peace.
Old October 1st, 2006, 08:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to alviriv
Default You'll be surprised

Buzz, you may be surprised as to how many people do not know about FOD. My partner and I travell all he time, and we have seen the FOD announcements, and have never gone to one. We always thought "Hm, I wonder who this Dorothy is. She sure have a lot of friends." Same with frineds of Bill. We thought it was related to some kind of computer thing (Bill Gates?).

In talking to other gay friends, a very large number are unaware of these meetings on boards or what FOD stands for. Live and learn. Now that we know, we will be looking on our next trip.
07/01/2006 Carnival Triumph
10/08/2006 RCI Freedom of the Seas

Old October 2nd, 2006, 05:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey Alviriv.....yeah, I didn't know for a long time what Friends of Bill W was and still don't really know the origin of the expression. In fact, I overheard a couple of women on my last cruise trying to locate the AA thing and wasn't sure if FBW was where they needed to be or not.

Regarding FOD, I dismissed it as Holland America not having much appeal for "family". Maybe its time FOD is retired in exchange for something everyone would recognize like Stonewall or Harvey Milk. Maybe I will start a thread on this and see what ideas other people have.

~Buzz
Old October 2nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to alviriv
Default Harvey Milk

I do not know this one either! I guess I live a pretty shletered life.
07/01/2006 Carnival Triumph
10/08/2006 RCI Freedom of the Seas

Old October 2nd, 2006, 11:50 PM
Familiar Face

Marc & Lynn here from Dallas. We love to cruise when we can. Taking the Holland America Maasdam out of Montreal Saturday, October 7, 2006. Marc is a physician specializing in Anti-Aging Medicine, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue. Lynn is a pharmacist at Medco. WhooHoo!
Old October 3rd, 2006, 11:56 AM
Beginner

Greetings! Bob and Don from the Washington, DC metro area. Just completed our 16th cruise (Norwegian Star, Alaska), celebrating our 25th anniversary. Went all out and booked a 3 bedroom Garden Villa suite that we shared with friends. 2,300 sq. ft. of interior space plus 3, 400 sq. ft. of private outdoor Japanese water garden and sun deck. Butler, concierge, etc. Get six friends together, share the cost and it's really not that bad for what you get. BTW, NCL has been known to hold FOD gatherings EVERY night (as was our case).

Don's a Flight Attendant, Bob a Fed, in our early 50's. Cruise on!
Old October 3rd, 2006, 12:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

mspurlock (marc & lynn)-let me know how you like the Maasdam.....I'm sailing on the other flagship next summer and I've heard the service is excellent.

Buzz
Old October 3rd, 2006, 06:02 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to JohnnyI Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyI
Default Me

Hello all...
Johnny here, swgm, 29, living in Seattle, WA. I am a business development rep for a cruise line. When I vacation, I mostly sail Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, or Holland America. My first cruise was in 1991 and I haven't stopped since.

Recently, I tried the Norwegian Sun out for a one night cruise. Next up is the Freedom of the Seas December 10th, hopefully the Wind Surf in March, and looking at the Navigator in July. Its no lie that cruising is addicting.

Its fun to read about everyone on here.

Take care everyone!
Johnny
Old October 5th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Beginner

Default Love to cruise

Hello folks, this is Dirk and Todd from Dayton, OH. I'm a SAP CRM analyst, and Todd is a family medicine physician. We started cruising in 2004 and are getting ready to go on our 7th cruise Oct. 20th, 2006. We love to take walking tours, snorkle, and other excursions. Also, we love wine and playing cards/games with other couples. We have only taken "straight" cruises, but often meet other gay couples on-board.

Mexican Riviera Cruise Celebrity Mercury Oct 2006
Alaska's Inside Passage Celebrity Mercury May 2006
Eastern Seaboard & Canada Celebrity Constellation Sep 2005
Caribbean (Eastern) Celebrity Millennium Mar 2005
Central America Cruise Celebrity Horizon Nov 2004
Alaska's Inside Passage Celebrity Mercury Jul 2004
Caribbean Cruise HAL Zuiderdam Apr 2004
Old October 5th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Beginner

Default Love to cruise

Hello folks, this is Dirk and Todd from Dayton, OH. I'm a SAP CRM analyst, and Todd is a family medicine physician. We started cruising in 2004 and are getting ready to go on our 7th cruise Oct. 20th, 2006. We love to take walking tours, snorkle, and other excursions. Also, we love wine and playing cards/games with other couples. We have only taken "straight" cruises, but often meet other gay couples on-board.

Mexican Riviera Cruise Celebrity Mercury Oct 2006
Alaska's Inside Passage Celebrity Mercury May 2006
Eastern Seaboard & Canada Celebrity Constellation Sep 2005
Caribbean (Eastern) Celebrity Millennium Mar 2005
Central America Cruise Celebrity Horizon Nov 2004
Alaska's Inside Passage Celebrity Mercury Jul 2004
Caribbean Cruise HAL Zuiderdam Apr 2004
Old October 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Familiar Face

51-year-old cruiser from Toronto booked on Carnival Spirit Dec. 25. This will be my 24th cruise.

Bill
Old October 7th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Beginner

Default we are

Shane and Paul
37 and 47 from Vancouver BC
been together for 12 years. Love to travel and see the world.
Have not done a cruise of any type but are planning on doing Atlantis Sep 2007 med cruise!
Old October 8th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to ken6769

Im Ken (22) From Connecticut. I have been on five cruises but never alone or just with friends because I was underage to travel alone. I will be going on the Senerade of the Seas (atlantis events) Exotic Caribean cruise in March. This will be my first Gay cruise...
I am bringing my ex of 3.5 years and my best friend of 14 years. I am really excited; i took my ex on his first cruise in 2004 and my best friend has NEVER been on a vacation, nevermind a cruise. Im sure ill see a tear outta his eye when we have to leave.

Well Does anyone know if atlantis will let you bring your own alcohol on the ship? Will they take it away if they catch you? or is there anything else they do?
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Ken, I'm not a huge drinker so I don't know for sure. But I seem to recall people saying in other forums that alcohol will be taken away from you if they catch you with it and given back to you at the end of the cruise. With wine I know you can bring your own and pay a corking fee but I don't know if you need to give it to them before boarding or how that works exactly.

Have fun on your cruise.
Old October 12th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Passenger

What? No posts since August? Where is everyone.?
Hi...I am Bree and my partner of 38 years is J.D. We were both in the teaching profession, but now retired...early, i might add.
We have travelled to many parts of the globe and have enjoyed cruising (on Boats) for the past 20 years. Never on a gay cruise though. We enjoy the free style cruising on the N.C.L lines, since we are not into dressing formally for dinner....and find the staff very attentive and friendly. Have gone to the caribbean several times, but now more interested in European trips. Just returned last month from the Baltic cruise with N.C.L. Had a great time. Greetings to all!
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Beginner

Howdy!

Roger from Dallas here. I'm 41, single, and work in the banking industry (JPMorgan Chase). I love all travel, but rank cruising as my favorite vacation get-away. My upcoming cruise will be my first as a single guy. Haven't done an all-gay cruise yet...all 6 thus far have been "straight" cruises with a healthy dose of fun gay folks on board. :-)

Caribbean Princess - 11/19/06
Voyager of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Ocean Princess
Grand Princess
Celebrity Mercury
Grandeur of the Seas
Old October 15th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to attaloss

Hi, I am a retired gay guy who is out of the closet. I am going solo on the Inspiration, June 4, 2007. I cruised one time on Carnival, out of Long Beach, with my former wife and granddaughter. I hope to have normal cruiseline fun with people, straight and gay. I am still a bit shy about my orientation, since I have not had a gay relationship.
Old February 17th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to DB961 Send a message via MSN to DB961 Send a message via Yahoo to DB961

Hey Bruce,
Also a 45 year old Medical Professional in Jackson, TN. Would like to communicate more. Let me hear from you.
DB0133@charter.net
David

quote="jerij"]Bruce here, 45. Medical profession in Nashville Tennessee.
I've been on 4 Carnival cruises over the past few years. Enjoyed them all.
I've never been on a gay oriented cruise but am looking at the Zuiderdam-Holland America for the Halloween cruise they have out of Fort Lauderdale.

jerij[/quote]
Old February 17th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to sexyaznboy Send a message via Yahoo to sexyaznboy

Hey guys RJ here from Toronto, going to Panama Canal on Celebrity Summit on March 31st, 2007.

Late 30's single, work in the medical profession.

Always wanted to try a "gay cruise" but always intimidated by those gym buff boy bods you see in their ads, but also would like to meet some nice friendly guys to cruise with (on and off the boat! teehee)

Happy cruising guys, gimme a shout!
Old February 18th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Passenger

Hey guys, Kevin-n-Walt from Ft. Lauderdale. Were 45/64, retired, been together for seven years. 40+ cruises. Had our commitment ceremony on board the Enchantment of the Seas May 2003. Sailing next Sunday(Feb 25) on the Westerdam. If your ever sailing out of Port Everglades you"ll probably run into us at ("Bill"s).