Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to DB961 Send a message via MSN to DB961 Send a message via Yahoo to DB961
Default Love Cruising -Health Professional

David here, 45 year old, single GWM, live in Tennessee, have cruised 5 times. Three times with Disney, one with Carnival, one with Royal Caribbean. Would really like to travel/cruise more, but not paying the single supplements. Also considered the Atlantis or RSVP cruises, but like a previous poster mentioned, felt intimidated by the muscle men inthe advertisements. No dog here, totally height and weight proportionate, just not a muscle dude like the ads. Hello to all, would love to communicate with anyone interested in cruising and also like me, single.
Old February 20th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Beginner

Hey there -

Taylor & Patrick
29 & 46 from San Diego, CA

Sailing on RCCL Vision of the Seas 3/11/07 Mexican Riviera

Sailed:
Disney Magic 09/04
HAL Oosterdam 3/05
Old February 21st, 2007, 02:19 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to NCMansMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6769
Does anyone know if atlantis will let you bring your own alcohol on the ship? Will they take it away if they catch you? or is there anything else they do?
You take it - they find it - they keep it! Just find you a good bartender who has a heavy hand! Most of my friends end up stashing mini-bottles in their checked luggage and never seem to have a problem. Even though it is a private charter - the cruise line is in it for the bucks so they can be kind of hawkish.

You will have a blast man. This will be about my 15th or so cruise and it sure beats the straight cruises with all of the "wide loads" running around from one buffet to the next! At lease the eye candy is full throttle almost everywhere you look. The DJs kick it so you won't be bored. All ages too - lots of really cool people to meet.

8)
Old February 21st, 2007, 09:00 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6769
Well Does anyone know if atlantis will let you bring your own alcohol on the ship? Will they take it away if they catch you? or is there anything else they do?
Bring as much as you like - we've never seen them confiscate liquor from anyone on an Atlantis cruise. We always bring a 1.75 of Jack Daniels, a 1.75 of Grey Goose, Red Bull and a Couple cases of water. Keep the liquor in your carry on (it will go through x-ray too) so it doesn't shatter in your luggage. Be descrete and behave in line, we seriously doubt you will have any trouble bringing your own liquor on-board. Most guys we know bring their own with no problem at all.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 12:48 AM
Passenger

Default WOW this Post is still working :-)

Hey all,

Thx for all the great response to this post ...hope some of you even made friends :-)

keep it rolling :-)

Eric N Martin

sea ya
Rccl Navigator of the Seas Sep 2009
Hal Westerdam Nov/Dec 2008
Caribbean Princess Nov 2007
Sea Princess Nov-Dec 2006
Diamond Princess Apr2005
Rccl Navigator of the seas Dec2004
NCL SUN Nov2004
Visit of QM2 Oct2004
Carnival Victory Nov2003
Golden Princess Apr2003
Celebrity Mercury Nov2002
Carnival Elation Nov2001
NCL SKY Nov2000

Sea Ya
E&M
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Yahoo to jaxmandaringuy
Default From Jax, Fl

Tony and Bryant - 10 years together

14 cruises - try to do 2 a year
Next one is March 10, 2007 on Glory

Love to travel and meet other friends.
Old February 27th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to tazmanaf Send a message via Yahoo to tazmanaf
Default Hi from Colorado

Hi all

John (37) and Anthony (34) here. Just booked our next cruise, John's 3rd and Anthony's 4th, on the Coral Princess, Jan 6 08, to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.

until Jan 12, 08 Grand Princess Western Caribbean
Old February 27th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Passenger

Happy 10th anniversary in adavance :-) John and Anthony. As for us we will be celebrating our 11th anniversary in August.

sea ya

Eric & Martin
Rccl Navigator of the Seas Sep 2009
Hal Westerdam Nov/Dec 2008
Caribbean Princess Nov 2007
Sea Princess Nov-Dec 2006
Diamond Princess Apr2005
Rccl Navigator of the seas Dec2004
NCL SUN Nov2004
Visit of QM2 Oct2004
Carnival Victory Nov2003
Golden Princess Apr2003
Celebrity Mercury Nov2002
Carnival Elation Nov2001
NCL SKY Nov2000

Sea Ya
E&M
Old February 28th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Passenger

Default Hi There!

Hello everyone, not too many women couples on here, so I thought that I would write in.
I am Jennifer, 35 and live in Oregon with my partner, Melinda, 44. I am in Marketing for a credit union and Melinda is a newly promoted project manager after spending years as a master carpenter, and a certified fabricator. For anyone that has nice top of the line Corian or granite countertops, that is what she does, she makes that!!! Me, I only give away money all day long. lol
We are taking our first cruise in Sept. on the Conquest out of Galveston. We are very excited, hope to meet other couples on board.
My brother is also gay (I know, TWO in one family, who'da thunk!) so I love gay guys!!!! Wish he was going with us, but maybe next year.
I hope to make this a yearly thing, next year we will take our kids!

I love this board!
Old March 3rd, 2007, 10:06 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric n Martin
Happy 10th anniversary in adavance :-) John and Anthony. As for us we will be celebrating our 11th anniversary in August.

sea ya

Eric & Martin
Thanks Eric and Martin and Happy Anniversary to you early!

John and Anthony

Old March 3rd, 2007, 10:09 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Hi There!

Welcome Jennifer and Melinda! You're going to love cruising! Nothing like waking up in a new country/island/etc every morning or so!

John and Anthony

Old March 8th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello Cruisers:

Gary and Rowell from the SF Bay Area (Orinda). Just booked our 5th cruise for the Constellation for 9/07-Scandanavia/Russia. We're 43 and 49 (today-Happy Birthday my Babe) and have one 17 and one 16 y.o. from previous marriages.

Gary: HR Director for a Hospitality Firm in SF
Rowell: Sr. Training Executive for a global insurance company

Hope to meet some family for our next cruise!
Old March 9th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Beginner

Default Sandy from Los Angeles..

Wm 45 usually with partner Gino 48 (14 years) . We've cruised now about 10 times... Last 5 with our 10 year old son... Done RSVP and ATLANTIS.. excellent time... and last summer R Family Vacations to Alaska and this summer with R FAmily to Bermuda.

I am traveling on The NCL STAR Mar30 with my son alone...looking for friends!
Old March 10th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Captain

Good Morning All,

Steve and Wayne here from Princeton NJ and Palm Bay, FL.
No more camping in tents anymore for us since we found cruising beginning in 2003. Since I just hit the big "50", it seems I like to be pampered more and more. The cute little cabin boys (if you're that lucky) make it appealing too!
We are taking a last minute cruise next month, 04/14/2007, with Wayne's ailing father so hopefully we will get to enjoy some quality time together.
Our anniversary cruise, 18 years, comes in October when we are going on Celebrity's Journey. Ahhhh, the good life. Two weeks with alot of sea days (my favorite).
Martini's and friendly chats (well, sometimes dirty chats) are always welcome.
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012
Mariner; RSS- 10/12
Jewel-12/12 b2b
Independence-12/13
Enchantment- 01/14
Legend-TA- 04/14

Booked:Freedom OTS 10/14
Booked:Solstice Alaska; 09/15

Old March 26th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Passenger

Default 2/23/2008 ROB + ROY ---New Hope/Philadelphia Area

CELEBRATED OUR LAST ANNIVERSARY AT THE 1st INTL OUT GAMES in Montreal--Thank you guys! WOW!
NOW:Celebrating our 23rd anniversary in Williamsburg & Norfolk next month (both were won at gay travel fairs in New York City!)...and guess will just continue to with 1850 other gays on our 3rd RSVP cruise (2nd time on MS Zuiderdam) 2/21-3/3/2008 pre + post Fort Lauderdale! HONDURAS (Isla Roatan), areas around BELIZE CITY; PLAYA DEL CARMEN (per Dan Howell's suggestion) at Cozumel...etc.
WOULD LOVE TO CORRESPOND WITH FELLOW "Exotic Carib Cruise" cruisers!
robroycruisers@hotmail.com
hegsbie1@verizon.net
Old March 28th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Beginner

Hello

Paul & Karl, we live near Palm Beach, FL. Six cruises to date, No. 7 on May 26. We're sailing the Maasdam from Boston to Montreal and will be married on arrival in Montreal.

Counting the days!
Old March 28th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Passenger

CONGRATULATIONS PAUL + KARL! --Rob + Roy, Philly-New Hope area...
2008 "Exotic Hondusras-Belize Carib"---Cabin #5131
Old March 29th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to sirtj

Hi all Mike and Rog- here, We are a young 43 & 42 who owns a B&B in southern VT.
Mike works in Radiology and I'm a Executive Director for the Chamber of Commerce.
We are celebrating our 18 year anniversary, We will be sailing on our 9 cruise on Carnival's Fantasy April 30, a five day cruise. then we decided to stay on for another five days May 5 - 10
will any one be on the Fantasy at that time? [/list]
12/19/2005 Carnival Legend
4/23/2005 Carnival Sensation
1/24/2005 Carnival Sensation
4/24/1994 Carnival Jubilee
Old March 30th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Passenger

Default Checking In

Hello friends,

Andy and John here. We're both 37. We'll have been together for 9 years in August. Our next cruise departs April 8th and we are VERY excited. We will be sailing on the Caribbean Princess on our 4th Princess Cruise and our 5th Cruise over all. I would love to take a gay cruise but they are never at convenient times or on Princess--though I think that is changing. We LOVE Princess. What a great line, great ships, fantastic staff and service. For a straight cruise, we've had tons of fun meeting other gay folks on every cruise (except our first). If Princess ever stoped doing their FOD get together's I would be terribly dissapointed.

We live on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. Imagine our surprise when we met a couple that lived 3 blocks from us but had never met before. I hope I never know a year when we can't take a cruise.
Old March 31st, 2007, 04:05 AM
Beginner

Hi,
This is Steven from Phoenix, Arizona. Unfortunately I had to leave my partner of 12+ years about 2 years ago. That makes me single, alone, but happy. Last year I paid to take others with me. This year I'm traveling alone. My first "solo" cruise was in Hawaii 3 weeks ago. I couldn't find any other gay guys onboard, but enjoyed the trip. On April 22 I'm traveling alone again on the Carnival Valor. I'm looking forward to it. I think the larger ship will make a differance of who I meet, as well as giving me a bigger variety of things to do, that I enjoy. I may consider sharing a cabin on cruises in the future. I also own timeshares, so Colorado in July, Cancun in September, and Key West in November. By the end of the year I will figure out if I like land or cruise vacations better.
Old March 31st, 2007, 07:06 PM
Beginner

Hello everyone. My name is jeremy and I am an ER nurse in Las Vegas, NV. I am going on my very first cruise at the end of this summer with my best gal pal, Samantha. We are going on the Atlantis-Athens to Venice in September on the Brilliance of the Seas. I just found this site and look forward to meeting fellow cruisers and learning more about the gay cruise experience.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 12:43 PM
Passenger

Default Reviving this Thread

Hi All, I love this thread but saw that it kinda died back in March.
Please keep it rolling, I would love to find more people that are crusing in September, (16th on Conquest).

Jennifer and Melinda, Roseburg, Oregon
Old May 4th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Passenger

Default Leaving this weekend!

Hey everyone - David & Lance here - been together 4 years and are about to embark on our 2nd cruise! First time on Royal Caribbean to the Mexican Riviera and now on Carnival to the Caribbean. Can't wait! Haven't heard from anyone on the boards as far as FOD meetings or any other fellow gays traveling on this ship, but I'm sure we'll still have fun.
Let's keep this thread going! Happy cruising everyone!
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Passenger

Hi Everyone,

Paul and Andrew here from Leicestershire, England. We've been together 22 years and got married in April last year. Andrew is 46 and Paul 58.

We've done 8 cruises so far - one on Caronia, three on QE2, three on QM2 and one on Celebrity's Galaxy. Our next cruise is a first on P&O Arcadia to the Norwegian fjords and North Cape in July. Cunard has daily FOD meetings - hope P&O has the same. Does anybody know?
Old July 2nd, 2007, 05:38 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to BTMRT
Default Tom, Barb & friends

Barb is Ofc. Manager of a gay campground where we live as well. We are going on the Legend out of Tampa 12/2/07 with some of our friends. It's our first cruise and we hope to make new acquaintances onboard.

Looking forward to the FOD meetings also.

Tom & Barb
Old July 5th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Beginner

Default Celebrity Millennium 11/4/2007 - Mediterranean

Hello all, my partner and I will be on this wonderful cruise with 2 friends of ours. Our 8th cruise, but our first Mediterranean adventure. Any other family planning to go?
Old July 8th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Beginner

Brandon and Chuck (30 and 39) here. Looking forward to our first cruise in two weeks! We're going on Carnival Pride to the Mexican Riviera on July 22. Let us know if you'll be aboard!
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Beginner

Hi All,
Me and my other half are going on our first cruise and it is our 10 year together. We are going on the Holiday out of Mobile on Aug 18th. Anyone have any tips of things to do. Will there be other "Family" on board to talk to do you think?
Old July 11th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Beginner

Default I am not a fake!

I was born in Toronto. Mum Canadian, Dad American. I am 50 years old love to trave, great sense of humor and a Masters degree. I have a spinal disease, but that won't stop me.Love Travel (cruises.) Not looking for anything more than friends and sharing the cost of cruise. You sound ike a stable , fun couple. I lost my partner a year and a half ago (auto accident) and would love to start travling again. Know anyone that needs a room mate to cut costs let me know, Sincerey Scott Good traveling!!
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Passenger

Hello Everyone. My name is Gary and my partner's name is Mike. Mike is a Medical Research Coordinator and I am a teacher. We live in Kansas. We will be going on our 4th cruise together in 2 weeks aboard the Pride of Aloha. We couldn't pass up the price, especially since one of the ships is being taken out of Hawaii this coming year. We love to meet other people and hope to some day be able to travel with other gays and lesbians for a cruise or trip. We also enjoy traveling to Mexico - Cozumel. Please let us know if you have an idea for a trip in the future. Perhaps we can get a group together from this board?

Gary