Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Passenger

I forgot to include a couple of our interests. We both are Kansas Jayhawk fans. I am a Michigan Wolverine fan - seldom miss watching a Wolverine football game! We enjoy swimming, snorkeling, shopping, theater, and relaxing. I am also a drum corps fan. Are there any drum corps fans out there? I used to play basketball; however, a knee operation (replacement) has sort of put my limits on playing.

We are looking forward to our upcoming trip to Hawaii. We usually like to take 1 nice trip each year.

Gary
Old July 14th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to sirtj

Hi Boys and all
Roger & Michael here we live in Vermont and run a B&B
we also have real Jobs Michael works in MRI and I politics and Executive Director. Our next cruise will be in Jan to hawaii
and we are celabrating 18 years together
well thats us
12/19/2005 Carnival Legend
4/23/2005 Carnival Sensation
1/24/2005 Carnival Sensation
4/24/1994 Carnival Jubilee
Old July 20th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Familiar Face

I'm a 52- year -old cruiser from Toronto. I'm booked on the Carnival Freedom march 8/08.

Bill
Old July 21st, 2007, 02:12 PM
Passenger

Default Cruisers from Maryland

Hi guys,
We are Roy and Adam from Maryland. This year we are scheduled for the Labor Day QM2 cruise out of NYC and the 10/27 bear voyage on the Emerald Princess.
Roy's cruises started on the Original Carnival ship, the Mardi Gras.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Beginner

Lee and Remi here form Dallas Texas. We take a couple cruises each year and love meeting new people. Out next cruise is booked on the Carnival Fantasy 8/25/2007. We are planning on staying over in New Orleans for the weekend.

Cruise History:
04/29/2007 Carnival Valor
10/15/2006 Carnival Pride
08/20/2006 Carnival Destiny
05/07/2006 Rhapsody of the seas, RCCL
09/24/2005 Carnival Triumph
10/02/2004 Splendor of the seas, RCCL
08/24/2003 Carnival Conquest
02/12/2001 Carnival Celebration
Grandeur of the seas, RCCL
Old July 27th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Beginner

8) Hi All!
Greetings from Sunny San Diego (California) we are Hal & Neal...partners of 21 years. We are in the art and picture framing business plus Neal is an award winning local artist working in acrylics. We are going on our 40th cruise aboard the Carnival Spirit on November 6th to the Southern Mexican Rivera for 8 days from right here in San Diego! This cruise will be for Neal's birthday on November 7th (at sea). We have been on the Spirit before and had lots of fun...great gym, steam, sauna, etc. If you are available, please join us, we will be dancing the nights away in the two story Dance Club. Happy Cruising! HUGS, HAL & NEAL

P.S. All Carnival past guests are eligible for up to an 8 category upgrade, just ask your TA or Carnival for fare code DP7 which is good until 8/31/07.
Old July 27th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Beginner

Hi folks. I'm Bill from Los Angeles. I'll be on the Atlantis Greek Islands cruise on the 8/25/07. I'm 42, a day trader and published author. My cruisemate is Johnathon, he's 42 GBM and an actor in hollywood. (We're not a couple, just friends for 10 years.) I made a little money on the stock market, and I decided to celebrate.

I look forward to going absolutely berzerk on this cruise and would love to hear from other shipmates! See you in Barcelona!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:13 PM
Beginner

Hello all,

What a great site this is - I've just discovered it whilst searching for reviews about RSVP cruises.

Well I'm a 28yr old flight attendant from the UK with many cruises under my belt. They were a family favourite for holidays as they provided plenty of entertainment for all us children, as well as giving my parents some time out together.

I'm booked on the RSVP Mediterranean Odyssey departing Rome on 9th August with a friend of mine, and this will be my first all gay holiday ever. I honestly don't know what to expect as I'm used to the formal experience, and this seems to be so relaxed.

And I can't believe I had no idea about FOD and Bill W meetings. I've seen them advertised on many prior cruises, and always thought it a coincidence that they were on the same ships as me.

Well happy cruising, and I'd love to hear from anyone on the Mediterranean Odyssey cruise next week.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
Beginner

I am Rick and my partner is David. We are from Overland Park, Kansas. We enjoy cruising very much. Our last child will start college this fall and we will now have the freedom to meet up with others on cruises and vacations. It will be different for us to be without the kids since we went the home-school route and have been with them constantly. The last kid just turned 18 and cruising no longer interests them.
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Earthfire

Howdy all.
I'm Kevin (earthfire or zoomer) from Portland, OR. My best friend, Jay, and I are going on the NCL Jewel Northern Mediteranean trip from Barcelona to Istanbul. Jay's not much of a joiner, but I'm looking forward to meeting other FoDs onboard.

I work in Healthcare as a high-powered consultant. I'm currently staffed at Stanford University. Yes, it's quite a commute.
Old August 12th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to CM Rob
Default Hey

Hi my name is Rob, I am the new moderator of the GLBT section on cruise mates, you can learn more about me by checking out my bio under meet the staff. I look forward to getting to know you and I hope I can be helpful. If you have any questions, advices or concerns please feel free to post or send me an email. Happy sailings and remember to be safe.

Sea of Cortez - American Safari
Old August 12th, 2007, 08:47 AM
First Mate

Pentathlete 79

“And I can't believe I had no idea about FOD and Bill W meetings. I've seen them advertised on many prior cruises, and always thought it a coincidence that they were on the same ships as me.�

That line had us in stitches. Being stalked by the groups Bill. W. & FOD. The Tracey Ullman show could have used that scenario but then that would have made you Trevor…

Thanks for the chuckle
Old August 12th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Beginner

Default Hi all

Hi everyone, Michael & Dennis, from Phoenix, AZ. We are both 44 and have been together 13 years this Sept 11th. I have just joined this website and love to read about everyone, where they live, what they do and where they like to travel. I am an Escrow Officer and Dennis is a Sr. Land Agent for Arizona Public Service. We are going on our 1st week long cruise. We have done 2 of the 3 nighters out of LA to Ensenada and love it. This next cruise is on November 17th out of Miami, on NCL Sun. I will be celebrating my 45th bday in Honduras!! We hope to meet others on this cruise and make some life long friends. We love to go to Hawaii, but our favorite trip of all time was to Budapest, Hungary a few years ago. We hope to hear from others.

I hope to hear from you all.

Michael & Dennis
Old August 12th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to CM Rob
Default Happy bday Michael

Happy bday Michael, I hope you have a blast on your 45th bday in Honduras!!

Sea of Cortez - American Safari
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Beginner

Default NCL Star 10/15/07 FOD

Hey Everyone!
Greg and Joe here. Our first cruise this october on NCL Star....to the Mexican Riviera. Hopefully we will find some other FOD's on this cruise.
Let us know!
Greg & Joe
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Beginner

Hi - My partner (33) and I (35)will be taking the QM2 out of NYC on Oct 31. We've been on several cruises together, but never a Cunard ship. Were both from the NYC area and travel several times a year. I didnt know about this site until recently and its a really great place to post thing pre and post sailing.

Cheers - Anthony
Old September 15th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Beginner

Hi All:

I live in Los Angeles (Hollywood) and am an experienced cruiser. Cruise lines with which I've salied include:

Windstar
Carnival
Costa
Celebrity
Cunard
Princess
Paquet (no longer operating)
Pearl (no longer operating)
Ocean Cruise Lines (no longer operating)
Seabourn
Oceania
Lauro (no longer operating, which is a good thing)
NCL

I'm sure I've missed some! While I've cruised in all parts of the world, if I have a favorite it's the Norwegian Fjords.
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Passenger

I am the "Second Hand Lion"...Tony, and my partner of 18 years is Scott. We met in the 80's when we were both flight crew members for different air carriers. I was 32 he was 24. I am now of AARP membership age (and am a proud AARP member!) and Scott is not! Scott is still in the airline industry and I am not. Scott finally convinced me to try a cruise in 1997 and I was hooked. We have done many cruises together, but unfortunately, we have started to have to cruise separately due to our "at home" lifestyle. I rescue and raise exotic animals and dogs (emu's, potbellies, swans, macaws, raccoon, birds, alligator snapping turtle, chickens and six dogs!), one of our dogs is an educational K-9 and a celebrity as seen on Animal Planet. Scott's Mom used to care for the "gang" when we went on our cruises but she will be 80 in a couple of years and chasing pigs or emu's is not high are her list as fun!

I will do my first "solo" cruise on December 01, 2007 on the Grand Princess out of Port Everglades. I have been so spoiled by Scott that I will probably just relax by the pool or on the little balcony and when I do venture into the public areas I will try not to wear stripes and plaid! I have no taste to speak of...and am a farmer not a fashion plate so I'm sure it will be quite an experience for me and all the other passengers! It will be fun nonetheless. Scott has been cruising with his Mom a lot lately and now it's my turn for a short break.

So if you happen to be on the Grand Princess in December and you see a guy (well built and not bad looking) badly dressed using lots of Purell and picking up the Salt and Pepper shakers with napkins (I'm germ phobic), say hi.

Cruise safe and Cruise healthy!

Celebrity's: Millennium.

Princess': Grand (x2), Golden, Coral, Island, Ruby.

Next up Crown Princess..December 12, 2009.

I live by the following: "Live each day as if it were your last, because in the end it does not matter what you have done with your life, what matters is what you wanted to do...and didn't!"
Old September 24th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Beginner

Hi, everyone. My name is John from Miami, FL. I was an airline pilot for 10 years and now I am a cop!!! My partner and I are taking a cruise on the Carnival Valor on October 21st. Its probably my 14th cruise, but my partners first.........I hope he enjoys it and gets hooked!!!

Anyway, here's my past:

Carnival Holiday
Carnival Ecstasy (twice)
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Carnival Destiny
Carnival Carnival Triumph
Carnival Carnival Spirit
Carnival Fascination
Costa Costa Victoria
Costa Costa Atlantica
Princess Caribbean Princess
NCL Norwegian Sun
Carnival Carnival Victory
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to greatlife29 Send a message via Yahoo to greatlife29
Default Hey buds

My name is Dennis and my partner 's name is Terry. We have been together for six and a half years. Terry will be 50 this year and I am...well much younger. I own a training, consulting, and auditing business and Terry is a CFO of a restaurant chain. We stay pretty busy but have decided to take time and enjoy ourselves with a cruise a year. Last year was Terry's second but I have been on many.

This year we are taking the NCL Dawn departing out of NY for the 14 day southern Carib cruise. I think after this cruise we will have hit most of the islands.

Next year we are thinking of taking a med cruise departing out of Barcalona.

Hey - if any of you are on the same cruise Oct 28 - Nov 11 let us know. We always enjoy meeting new people.
Old October 9th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Passenger

Hello all. Bob from Dallas. 43 and recently separated after 9 years, so i'm single cruising again, if I don't have any of our 5 adopted children with me. I like all kinds of sports, playing and watching, reading, vegging by the pool, working-out in the gym. Gimme a cruise and I'm a happy guy. I have been on 9 cruises so far. Holland America, Carnival, but VERY happy with Royal Carribean. Booked on Voyager out of Galveston for Feb 3rd & 10th. Love back-to-back. (No pun intended) Potentially looking for smaller groups on str8 cruises versus Atlantis or RSVP. Will be looking for active guys for cruisemates.
Monogamous partnered GWM, 45 & 48. We enjoy meeting all kinds of people. We have 5 kids and travel sometimes with, sometimes without. Always looking for interesting people for conversation and friendships.
Old October 14th, 2007, 03:53 AM
Beginner

Default Roll Call Carnival Miracle 11/15

GM Couple from Atlanta Any other on board? Love to meet.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 10:13 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to schimano

Hi All

My name is Jason and I'm a 41 yo gwm from Houston TX where I work as a software consultant. I haven't been on my first cruise yet, but I plan on going on 2 next year. Just found this site and look forward to meeting fellow cruisers and hopefully find some future cabin mates to share expenses and experiences with.
My first cruise will be on the Carnival Ecstasy out of Galveston.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 02:46 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Wogtopus Send a message via Yahoo to Wogtopus
Default First Fancy Boy Cruise

Hi all... Married to the man of my dreams for 8 years. He's 40, I'm 37. We love travel, cars and our dogs. We will be aboard the RC Navigator for the Barcelona to Rome trip July, 2008. We cruised RC before on an weekend party cruiser and thought it interesting. Really looking forward to this trip!
Old December 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Beginner

Hi Guy's really didnt see any women in here so I thought I would stop by & say hello. I 'm Kim and I love cruizing.. My partner of 20 yrs, Sheri & I have been on only 3 cruises but are planning one every year from here on out. We just got back from RCCL Jewl of the seas. Our next is Carnival Victory Nov 08. I own two businesses and Sheri is a software QA engineer. Never done a gay/les cruise, but maybe @ 25 yrs, but we always look for the fo meeting on board... Happy Cruising. Kim : }
Old December 10th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwalkmama
Hi Guy's really didnt see any women in here so I thought I would stop by & say hello. I 'm Kim and I love cruizing.. My partner of 20 yrs, Sheri & I have been on only 3 cruises but are planning one every year from here on out. We just got back from RCCL Jewl of the seas. Our next is Carnival Victory Nov 08. I own two businesses and Sheri is a software QA engineer. Never done a gay/les cruise, but maybe @ 25 yrs, but we always look for the fo meeting on board... Happy Cruising. Kim : }
CONSIDER AN "EXTRA" CRUISE WITH US GUYS AND AN ASSORTMENT OF WOMEN ON RSVP'S MS ZUIDERDAM 2/23-3/1/2008! --Rob + Roy, Cabin 5131....New Hope area, PA.
Old December 19th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Beginner

Default RSVP Crusing??

Hi Guys.. Tell me more about this cruise! We are pretty new to cruisng, and I could find anything on this cruise.. Thanks for any info..

Kim : }
Old December 24th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Beginner

Default Freedom on the 8th

Will also be on the Carnival freedom - are you flying from YYZ?
Old December 28th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey everyone! Just registered here and thought I would introduce myself. I'm a student from Ontario, Canada. I used to work at a travel agency, am now working in the tourist area in Niagara Falls and travel whenever I have the chance. So far I've cruised twice, both on Carnival, on the Celebration then the Carnival Freedom (quite the jump, eh?). I'm booked on Carnival Spirit for the Glacier Bay trip in May and am leading a group of friends/family for a Western Caribbean trip on the newly renovated Carnival Imagination this August! If anyone wants in on that one let me know, I have some cabins blocked for us.

I look forward to chatting with you all about this addictive vacation lifestyle lol =)
05/14/2008 Carnival Spirit (Glacier Bay - Alaska)
11/12/2007 Carnival Freedom (US Inaugural - W Carib)
02/01/2007 Celebration (Bahamas)
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Beginner

Older fun couple from Dallas here. 54 & 60. We both travel alot in our careers, and are also nuts about cruising. Hope to meet as many of you as we can on our future travels!

Ken & Ray

-----
QM2 TransAtlantic (2004)
2 QM2 (back-to back) TransAtlantics (2005)
Emerald Princess - Mediterranean (2007)
QM2 13-day NY/Panama/Caribbean/NY (2008)
(& soon) Century 12 day Baltic to Russia (5/09)