Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Beginner

Default Hey Cruisers

8) Hello, hello! I haven't been on this site in FOREVER!!!! We do visit another similar website more frequently, but the format of Cruisemates has changed considerably since I was last here. Will have to come back more often. We are Jim and Bill in Pennsylvania. I'm 46, Bill is 62. Been together 15 years. We started cruising about five years ago. I'll have to jog the memory to rememebr when/where they all were. This list below may not be completely accurate. Bill missed the RSVP Caribbean last year due to an serious illness that required surgery, but I made it up to him with the Alaska trip. (I HATE the cold.)

moonwalkermama-I can vouch for berwynbobby on RSVP-you'd have a blast!

TravlTxn-you should join us, too!!

I do want to make one comment about the gay crusies. We held off for a long time because of cost, but RSVP offered a great Panama intinerary in 2006, so we decided to go for it. Since that first gay cruise, there have been many price incentives to encourage us back, and we have taken advantage of them. I won't discuss dollar amounts but can tell you that we are on the upcoming RSVP Caribbean with balcony for under $1K each. We just hope RSVP continues to put out a great product under Atlantis ownership.

Okay, here it is:

March 2004 Grand Princess Western Caribbean
March 2005 Sun Princess Eastern Caribbean
Feb(?) 2006 RSVP Panama HAL Westerdam
Feb 2007 RSVP Caribbean Fantasy, Caribbean Princess
Sept 2007 RSVP Alaska Gold Rush, HAL Amsterdam
Feb 2008 RSVP Exotic Caribbean, HAL Zuiderdam
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Beginner

Default Pied Piper Travel

Our January 2008 Australia cruise was marred badly by our host Michael Schutes, a pied piper employee, who moved four of my group to a table for two without consulting us. The table was so small the waiter had to put the bread basket on the wine stand. This was done without consulting us and was covered up with a lie where Michael Schutes wrote that our party wanted to be alone. How stupid, one goes on cruises for the social interaction. So, I passed around his lying note at the next mixer of our group and found that our table had been changed so a couple of his traveling buddies could change their table. What a lying sod! Ruined our experienced and embarrased us in front of the entire group. Nice going Michael Schutes! Don't use Pied Piper because they hire twits like this liar.
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Beginner

Hi there, Max and Mike here. We're from Edinburgh - tho our accents are English - so please don't get all excited if you are fans of 'Brigadoon' or 'Braveheart'.
Mike is a senior manager with British Telecom, and I am a studying for a PhD in the chemistry of glass at Edinburgh College of Art. Mike is a seasoned cruiser with The Queen Mary 2... and I used to be when I was small and lived in the Far East when we would travel back and forth from Malaya to the UK. The one ship I remember most was the Galileo Galilei - any takers??. It was renamed the Sun Vista when it eventually was sold to Singapore Sun Cruises. She was swallowed up by the sea off the coast of Malaya in 1999 after a on-board fire - heatbreaking! All passengers and crew were safely evacuated. She was a fine cruise ship that recalled the days of efficient luxury and speed when cruising around the world was the normal thing to do to get from A to B.
Looking forward to meeting you guys on the Emerald Princess in Oct/Nov.
Max
Old June 28th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Beginner

Default Alaska Cruise

hello. gay couple from atlanta. we are going on our first cruise in august 08 to alaska on royal caribbean for 10 days.
anyone have any suggestions for us? what to pack? what to wear onboard the ship?
thanks.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
Beginner

Hi All,

David and Jeff here. Together for 7 years, Married for 3 (We Love Canada). Live in Chicago and love to travel. Jeff is an Insurance Claims Supervisor and I am in the excting world of Corporate Tax. We've been on two cruises together (both straight) but Jeff has taken three previously when he was a part-time travel agent.

We leave next week for a Scandinavian Cruise on the Sea Princess, then have one planned 2/28/09 to the Mexican Riviera on NCL Star.

Anyone else going to be on either of these?
Old July 4th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Familiar Face

I'm in Toronto. 53-year-old teacher who has done 25 cruises.
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Passenger

I'm Bruno, 39 years old, live in Seattle, happily single and lookin forward to my 3rd and 4th cruises next year on Holland America, both to Alaska. I took a hiatus from cruising this year due to horrific single supp rates but the tide seems to be turning for next year. I cruise/vacation exclusively on the west coast and I'm often in Palm Springs.

When not cruising I enjoy the gym, outdoor recreation and sports.

I mostly lurk in the forums, but I'm trying to change that. My favorite rooms are chit-chat and Holland America.

HAL Oosterdam Mexican Riviera Jan '07
HAL Westerdam Alaska May '06
Old July 18th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Beginner

Hi All. I'm Patrick from Tallahassee, Florida. I am going on my first crusie on Carnival Triumph 8/31/08. Yeah, guess I am a little late starting, but hey... I just can't wait. I am single and not to worried about it, and just an average guy.

If anyone has any tips as far as traveling on a non-gay cruise then please let me know. I need all the help I can get.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:35 AM
Beginner

Joe (59) and Larry (52), partnered since 1980, Easygoing, friendly,
no-drama, no-attitude guys.
Bethesda Maryland / 5 minutes from Washington DC
Cruise fanatics, 2-3-4 times a year. Always enjoy talking with and especially meeting other cruise lovers like ourselves. Have met some wonderful G/L men and women on past cruises. Next cruise: Radiance of the Seas, Valpariso Chile to Buenos Aires, Nov 23 - Dec 7
ClickingStones@aol.com
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Familiar Face

I'm Bill from Toronto. I'm 53 years old. I have cruised 25 times, most of them on Carnival.
Old August 11th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Passenger

Hi, I hope that you will have as good a time on the Princess cruise than you have had on Carnival. We are in cabin L307. Hope to see you soon on the cruise. We will also be at the Schubert Resort the day before the cruise for the pre cruise party.
Roy Castle
Caribbean Princess 2009
Caribbean Princess 2008
QM2 2007
Explorer of the Seas 2007
Mariner of the Seas 2006
Brilliance of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, Leeward, Mardi Gras, Tropical, Victory, Sensation, QE2, Regal Empress, Dolphin2
Old August 18th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Beginner

Hi; Leigh & Dan here from Vancouver. 15 years. Yikes! Many cruises! Eurodam NY to Quebec next month! Mercury to Hawaii at Christmas.

Any FOD's?
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Passenger

Default Adventure of the Seas Roll Call - October 26, 2008

I am a single man from Central Florida cruising solo. Please let me know if you will be onboard.
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Passenger

Default Adventure of the Seas Roll Call - October 26, 2008

]I am a single man from Central Florida cruising solo. Please let me know if you will be onboard. I am also looking for other cruisers who interested in finding someone to share a cabin.[
Old January 31st, 2009, 04:28 AM
Familiar Face

Default Time for an bump! Mexican Riviera in October!

[color=#444444]Ken here...live in Baja Mexico with Ed. I've been on three cruises, but next October will be his first. Eight days on the Mexican Riviera!

We have put together a group for this cruise and it looks like a fun time for one and all. San Diego is a great embarkation port for us... we can take the trolley from the border to a block away from the docks, so we don't have to pay to park cars, hotels, etc.

I think this will be an annual event for
us!

Old February 16th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Passenger

April 11th on the Eurodam. Cant wait.
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to smoothlover
Default Single who loves cruising

Booked on Celebrity Summit transatlantic april 18-30, san juan to barcelona.

Looking for possibly a week caribbean April 11-18. If anyone is interested in maybe rooming, let me know.

Gary
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:37 PM
Captain

Default Re: Gay Cruise Mates Roll Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric n Martin
Hello all,

Its been a long time since we havent introduce ourself so we will start the call.

Eric and Martin here
37 and 33
We are both from montreal,Quebec (Canada)
Eric works for an airline and Martin for governmant security.
we love to travel and try to do 2 cruise a year....have yet to attend a FOD party as we did not know what they were until we found this site.

Your turn boys and girls

Nov 2006 & Dec 2006 Ships TBA
Diamond Princess Apr2005
Rccl Navigator Dec2004
NCL SUN Nov2004
Visit of QM2 Oct2004
Carnival Victory Nov2003
Golden Princess Apr2003
Celebrity Mercury Nov2002
Carnival Elation Nov2001
NCL SKY Nov2000

Sea Ya
E&M

Wow, glad to see this post still going. I haven't looked at this since before I began moderating.

Let's keep this one going ladies and gents.

I'm Triton from the SF Bay Area. In my mid-40's and I work for an international hospitality firm in the Financial District. I live in Orinda, across the Bay.

My other half and I have two teenagers (both in college) and one dog, named Bear. Too bad we haven't found a "Cruising with Canines" yet! !

We try to cruise twice a year and always enjoy our At Sea days...and you can probably guess our biggest pet peeve are Chair Theives! Good God, what can we do to banish them?

Happy Cruising!! 8)
Old March 14th, 2009, 08:52 PM
First Mate

Well, I guess I will introduce us.

Ephraim & Yves
Montreal, Quebec Canada
We are both computer consultants and B&B owners. I also do adult ed.
My first language is English and Yves's is French. I'm 44 and Yves is 46.

We are supposed to be on BuyMe on HGTV Canada sometime in the next month or so. Later on in the US. They filmed the sale our our original B&B, the Gingerbread House

We are taking a small break from cruising at the moment and we redo our new house purchase and get the B&B up and running. It's going to be the Gingerbread Manor.

I'm quite well travelled, almost every country in Western Europe (except Lichtenstein, Andorra and San Marino, but do they really count?), Israel, the Sinai peninsula, the US, Canada and some of the South America as well.

These are our cruises...
Carnival Holiday Baja California 12/97
NCL Wind - Western Caribbean 12/03
NCL Sky - Southern Caribbean 02/04
Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean 07/04
Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean 07/04
Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean 05/05
Regal Princess - Mexican Riviera 10/05
NCL Spirit - Southern Caribbean 10/06
RCI Brilliance of the Seas - Transatlantic East 04/07
RCI Voyager of the Seas - Europe 05/07
RCI Radiance of the Seas - Alaska & Pacific Coast 09/07
Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean 10/07
Star Princess - South America 03/08
Celebrity Galaxy - Transatlantic West 12/08

(I hope I didn't break any rules by naming the channel or the name of our B&B.. if I do, sorry, I'm new... and a refugee.)
Old March 15th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Captain

Welcome Ephraim & Yves !

Look forward to hearing some reviews from your many voyages. You've got a lot!

I'm envious you have a B&B! I've always wanted to own and operate a B & D, lol.

We're happy to have you guys here. Don't worry about the channel or B&B mention! This cruise board is diverse, tolerant, forgiving and fun...And your posts are not deleted or edited by the moderators or editor at whim, as they are on other boards (we won't name names).

Happy Cruising!
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:40 AM
First Mate

I know what you mean by "the other board" where I'm a member with the same name. I guess I don't really hide behind anonymity with using my first name all over the place and having a link to my email address and blog.

The cruise on the Caribbean Princess in October 2007 was with the Chumley's group.

The B&B can be fun. We get to meet a lot of really nice people. As we have on our cruises.
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Familiar Face

Default Cruise Virgin!

Hey all!

I'm Fred, 47 yr old partnered guy from South Carolina. I've done a lot of traveling all over the world in my life, but never taken a cruise! I'm wanting to get my feet wet on the Royal Princess's 21 day cruise from Rome to Africa and then up the Amazon to Manaus, Brazil precisely because it is "the route less traveled"! ....just wish I could get my partner Keith to go, but travel is not his bag.

It great to see so many gay and lesbian folks posting on here! On average, how many FODs do you typically see on a cruise? And where and how soon are the FOD meetings posted on a cruise? Who organizes the get togethers? I'm totally clueless about all this!
Old April 19th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Familiar Face

Default It is what you make of it!

[color=#444444]Welcome to cruising!

The FOD gatherings can be slightly different on each cruise, and it is usually up to the Cruise Director. Most of the time there will be a note in the daily newsletter that details all of the day's activities.

Some ships/Cruise Directors will have them every day, and will schedule them at a particular bar... generates income for the ship that way. Some will have them set aside in a room. Princess is usually pretty good, and if you don't see what you want or are looking for, ask the cruise director or one of the Ass't CDs.

As for how many of us are on a cruise and how many show up at the gatherings... there are always more on the cruise than show up at the gatherings! Why some don't socialize is a complete thread, and everyone has their own theory. In any case, there is always something to do on a cruise, so many could just be too damn busy!

Some gays make life-long friends with other gay cruisers... some make friends with other straight cruisers. In some circles, a single gay cruiser is viewed as a real asset to a group! I have never heard of any problems.

Go, and come back with some good tales to tell your partner, and soon he will want to come along. Cruising is a completely different kind of travel, and he can make of it whatever he wants... in complete luxury of course!

I'm putting a group together for a Mexican Riviera cruise in October and we are now over 30 gay BajaBoyz! I know we will have a good time!
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to JSnow789

Hello. My name is Jay and I'm a cruiseaholic.

I love to cruise and will be taking my 5th cruise this October with Atlantis. I live in Orlando and am always up for last minute cruises out of Tampa, Canaveral and perhaps So. Florida.

~~~~~~~
Norwegian Windward May, 1993 (before she became the 'Wind')
Explorer Feb, 2007
Legend Aug, 2008
Grandeur Mar, 2009
Monarch May, 2009
Monarch Sep, 2009
Enchantment Nov, 2009
Liberty Jan, 2010
Old April 25th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hi from Southern California

Hi everyone we are Joey and David from Los Angeles.. we are a couple that has been together since 1997 DP since 2001, married since September 2008..
We love cruising and have done 11 to date including the med and PC transit our fav line to date is Celebrity..
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Beginner

Send a message via ICQ to travler800 Send a message via AIM to travler800 Send a message via MSN to travler800 Send a message via Yahoo to travler800

I have been in the Travel Agency field since 1978 as a travel agent, corporate reservation manager, call center customer service agent, group manager, owner(19 years), leisure travel manager and currently as a travel and retail agent support supervisor with AAA. I have been on several cruises with Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Cunard and Renaissance.
Old April 26th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to beyerfred
Default Greetings from Minneapolis!

We are Ron and Tim, both in our early 40s, living in Minneapolis, love to get away (especially from the cold weather) on a cruise, to our home in Palm Springs, or anywhere beautiful.
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Beginner

Hey everyone,

I'm a single, 22 year old guy from Los Angeles, CA. I've been on 1 cruise when I was younger and am trying to give it another go. I'm pretty much just looking to have great vacations and meeting new friends. I'm definitely very new to this and would appreciate any/all advice from the seasoned pro's. THANKS!
Old May 25th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Captain

Welcome socalabc:

You've come to the right place. I've met many posters on the G/L board who have years worth of knowledge, and I'm sure would be happy to answer any of your questions.

If you have a question or comment, best thing to do is to simply post a new topic / thread under the main G/L board.

Thanks for coming on board!
Old June 16th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Gay Cruise Mates Roll Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric n Martin
Hello all,

Its been a long time since we havent introduce ourself so we will start the call.

Eric and Martin here
37 and 33
We are both from montreal,Quebec (Canada)
Eric works for an airline and Martin for governmant security.
we love to travel and try to do 2 cruise a year....have yet to attend a FOD party as we did not know what they were until we found this site.

Your turn boys and girls

Nov 2006 & Dec 2006 Ships TBA
Diamond Princess Apr2005
Rccl Navigator Dec2004
NCL SUN Nov2004
Visit of QM2 Oct2004
Carnival Victory Nov2003
Golden Princess Apr2003
Celebrity Mercury Nov2002
Carnival Elation Nov2001
NCL SKY Nov2000

Sea Ya
E&M

Wow, glad to see this post still going. I haven't looked at this since before I began moderating.

Let's keep this one going ladies and gents.

I'm Triton from the SF Bay Area. In my mid-40's and I work for an international hospitality firm in the Financial District. I live in Orinda, across the Bay.

My other half and I have two teenagers (both in college) and one dog, named Bear. Too bad we haven't found a "Cruising with Canines" yet! !

We try to cruise twice a year and always enjoy our At Sea days...and you can probably guess our biggest pet peeve are Chair Theives! Good God, what can we do to banish them?

Happy Cruising!! 8)
Hey Triton,

Thx for moderating this post of our that has been running for a while :-)

My question is have you taken any notes from where abouts have all these posters come from ?

Its could be nice to organize a little get together in the city that has the most posters from.

What do you think ?

A kinda FOD meeting on land :-)

sea ya

Eric
Rccl Navigator of the Seas Sep 2009
Hal Westerdam Nov/Dec 2008
Caribbean Princess Nov 2007
Sea Princess Nov-Dec 2006
Diamond Princess Apr2005
Rccl Navigator of the seas Dec2004
NCL SUN Nov2004
Visit of QM2 Oct2004