Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Passenger

Hi Everyone...
I'm Dave (my partner is Michael) and we are totally new here to CruiseMates, but not cruising (I just did my 71st). We live in Germany where I have been a corporate trainer for the past 8 years and my partner flies for Lufthansa. After our Baltic cruise in May and seeing how dismal the tour offerings are for English speakers we decided to start a tour comany there this summer. You know about Friends of Bill W... Friends of Dorothy... well, not there is Friends of Dave. He he

We had a pretty nice group for our Friends of Dorothy cocktail hour on the Connie in May... and we have been thinking about doing a gay cruise for a while. The more I read, the more I am convinced.

Hope to chat more..

Dave
Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Familiar Face

Default Nice to meet you guys

Hi, we are Franz and Ferdinand from the Netherlands. We have been together for 20 years now, legally married for 11 years. Our passion is travelling and good times with interesting people. We have discovered cruising (on ships that is! ) a few years ago and are totally hooked now!. We have had good times at FOD meetings and are always eager to get to know new people. check us out: www.oude-elferink.com

Infinity, 11 Oct, Panamacanal
Century, 15 Feb, Caribbean
Vision, 23 Jun, Baltic
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Captain

Default Hey guys

Welcome back Eric n Martin:

Now that sounds like a good idea, a cruisemates FOD party on land. I'm not the party-planning type of guy, you'd be gravely disapointed, lol...but guys feel free to organize one. 8)

Maybe on another thread you can get a good head count for which cities would want to host one?
Old June 24th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Familiar Face

Default Greetings from Australia

Hi guys
Andrew here from Perth, Western Australia
I work for the airlines and my partner Graeme is a public servant
We usually do 2 cruises a year
hope to hear from you
cheers
Voyager of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Royal Princess
Celebrity Millenium
Celebrity Equinox
Old July 8th, 2009, 07:28 PM
david30101

Im a 46 yo fit male, BI. I normally travel with family (sister, her husband, etc) since im still single. Ive been on about 17 cruises since 1998. I have one booked for this Nov 20 2009 on Miracle for 8 days. I try to take at least 1 cruise a yr. And may try to take a few alone as well, since my family dosent always have the money to go every yr.
Old July 9th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Captain

Hey Perthdude and David30101. Welcome to the GLBT board on Cruisemates!

David, you have a LOT of experience in cruising. I look forward to hearing from you, sharing your stories and experiences.

Thanks for popping in guys! Happy Sailing!
Old July 9th, 2009, 06:45 PM
david30101

Thanks for the comment. Yea i have a little experance. Only wish I stayed with just one cruiseline to build up my prefered status. Only need 2 more carnival cruises to make Platinum. I plan on taking many more in the future.
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Beginner

Hi G/L cruisers!

Happy to have found this board. I've been enjoying reading the messages on here and have picked up a lot of good information.

I'm Mike (54) and my husband is Jay (49). We live in Long Beach, California. We've been together for over nine years, and got married last summer while it was legal here. We have been on four cruises before--all to Mexico on Carnival. Since they sail out of Long Beach it is really convenient. Now we are ready for something different!

We just booked our latest cruise a few days ago. We were going to wait until next spring but we found such a good deal we couldn't resist! We are flying to Seattle on Sep. 18. Then we are taking the NCL Star one-night cruise from Seattle to Vancouver on the 19th and then the Golden Princess from Vancouver on the 20th. It is a repositioning cruise from Vancouver to L.A. with stops in Nanaimo, Victoria, San Francisco, Catalina, and San Diego. We have friends in Seattle, San Francisco, and San Diego, and are planning to meet up with them for lunch while we are in port.

This will be our 5th cruise--6th if you count the one-nighter--and our first on Princess and NCL. We are looking forward to seeing a part of the world we've never been to before. A little hesitant, though, that it's going to be cold and dreary! Since we live in So. Cal. we're terribly spoiled.

Anyway, glad you all are here.

Mike
Old July 15th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Captain

Welcome Mike and Jay! So glad you guys are on our G/L board! Would love for you to come back and give us a quick review of your cruise (you can find the review thread under the stickies at the top of our forum).

We are headed up to Seattle too, but a few days after you guys will be there. We will sail from Seattle to Fort Lauderdale, but we have some of the same ports as you guys...I guess depending upon when we stop where, we may share a port together!

September should be wonderful weather though at least in San Francisco. It's our Indian Summer, most of the dreariness in the mornings is from June through August, but September and October are clear and warm. Hope you guys have a wonderful port here. Lots to do and see and eat!!!

Welcome again, and have fun on your cruise!
Old July 17th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Beginner

Hey Triton,

Thanks for the welcome. Looks like we will be in San Diego a couple of days before you. Your itinerary looks great--I dream of going on a cruise like that! Maybe next year.

Best,

Mike
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Beginner

hey Frankie(39) and Shaun (29) married gays, sailinf carnival Freedom sept 12 2009, 2nd cruise,,,love them, looking for gay cruise pals. love in st. louis! married 8 years!!!
Old August 20th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Captain

Hi Frankie and Shaun, welcome. Another married couple, too!! What's up with that? Heck I live in California and I guess my other half and I are still, "living in sin" - lol!

Congratulations to you both and hope to meet on a cruise, soon!

My partner's cousin spells his name, "Shaun" too. Interesting because you don't see that spelling too often, it's usually "Sean" or "Shawn".

Please come back to the board and share your cruising experience, tips and advice.

Thanks!
Old August 29th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Beginner

Hello from Washington, DC.

I'm Leigh (60), and my partner David (45) and I are getting married in Boston on September 16th and are spending our honeymoon on our first cruise together (Celebrity Century from Barcelona on September 19th).

This site has been a great help in deciding on the cruiseline and finding other helpful hints. Thanks for the great job, Triton!
Old August 30th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Captain

Hi Leigh and David!

First of all congratulations on your approaching wedding. Also, I think you'll have a wonderful honeymoon on Celebrity...and Barcelona!

Will you be spending any time in Spain before your cruise?

Congrats and welcome to our board!
Old August 30th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Beginner

Dear Triton,

Thanks for the warm wishes. Needless-to-say, we are really excited.

We are arriving in Barcelona the morning of the 18th and the cruise departs the evening of the 19th, so we will have a little (alas, very little) time to explore. Any suggestions for dinner? David is a vegetarian (but not a vegan), which can sometimes complicate matters.

Again, we appreciate your kind words of support.

Leigh
Old September 1st, 2009, 07:36 PM
Captain

Hi Leigh!

Barcelona I think is the most beautiful port...and it's new. They are developing that area right now. There will be a hotel on the water that is similar to the 'sail' type in Dubai, you can't miss it.

Where are you guys staying, have you booked a hotel yet? Need a recommendation?

Let me know your location and I can give you a few dining options...or you can "PM" me and we can chat more about it. One thing I would do if at all possible, is to grab a ticket for the "HOHO Bus". The HOHO bus will take you to and past all of the wonderful Gaudi sites...but you have to stop at Park Guell, so lovely there! The bus will give you a 3-hour tour and you can take it again and then get off at the places which interest you. If you would like a personal driver, let me know as well and I can give you a referral.

Our "honorary mom" on this thread lives in the Boston area, and she may have some additional advice for you boys as well!

Look forward to hearing from you, AND reading your review of the cruise when you get back!
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Default WEDDING IN BOSTON AND BARCELONA

Quote:
Originally Posted by senedo
Hello from Washington, DC.

I'm Leigh (60), and my partner David (45) and I are getting married in Boston on September 16th and are spending our honeymoon on our first cruise together (Celebrity Century from Barcelona on September 19th).

This site has been a great help in deciding on the cruiseline and finding other helpful hints. Thanks for the great job, Triton!
WELL, as Parrot Mom says..MAZEL TOV on your wedding here in Boston.. Vermont is now marrying gays...lol. What do you want to know about Barcelona.. Triton knows I know of a driver/guide and we are going back to our wonderful Barccelona the end of November there maybe openings for Auriello.. If you need more info.. parrotmom@verizon.net. p.s. Triton can vouch for me..lol
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to parky100

Hi Everyone
lets intruduce ourself, the philipp an i live in Stuttgart Germany in the near from the black forests. I am English and the Philipp is German, we have been a couple since 05.11.1984 yes this year it will be 25 wonderfull years with ups and downs. We married on the 05.10.2001. Our next cruise is with the Celebrity Infinity 11th October (panama canal).

P.S Titon you should have left 16 day later :-)

But the world is small

Happy Holiday

Michael + Philipp
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival Spirit Halloween Cruise, Oct26/Nov3, 2009

This time next month I will be sailing south from San Diego toward Acapulco on the Carnival Spirit on the BajaGay.com cruise! We put together 30 guys this year and will be doing this again next year!

I am counting on how much I like cruising relating to how much I enjoy group cruising. We've contacted some local gay men in Acapulco and Zihuatenejo and are hoping to have some gay interest shore excursions. We'll see...

Mexico is great for GLBT cruisers... several ports have significant gay communities... my only worry is that the gay Mexican guys are not available during the days... they only come out at night! But we are hoping to find the gay owned restaurants and other businesses to patronize.

Would love to meet any of you on board! We are non-commercial... just building community here in Baja!

Last edited by Triton; November 16th, 2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old October 11th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Beginner

Hello,

I'm Chris. I'm 34 and currently I'm single. I have been seperated from my boyfriend for several years now. I hope others don't mind about me posting here because I'm single. I'm falrly new to cruising. My first cruise was several years ago thru the Panama Canal on Crystal Cruises during a 10 night sailing, (was with my then boyfriend Michael). I am taking my parents on the Celebrity Millenieum on Dec 7th for an 11 night Caribbean Cruise. I'm hoping they will have a FOD party onboard, or if they don't maybe I should ask the cruise director to scheduele one? I've got a RCC Rhapsotdy of the Sea's cruise booked next Sept thru Alaska.

At first I thought this was a gay site and almost posted until I realized it wasn't, oh well. Maybe in the near future enought gay's will come out and there will be enough to where an actual website for gay cruiseres can be started, ha ha.

I would love to hear from others (single or coupled) it would be great to meet up w/ others on a crusie, so if anyones gong on the 2 upcoming cruises I have booked, please post or PM or email me.
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Captain

Hi Crisahx:

Welcome to Cruisemates! Although our website is not gay owned and operated, it is operated by a very, very gay friendly editor and gay or friendly staff. The GLBT passengers have their own forum, and you've reached it.

Keep in mind that many of our readers are single as well. There is a sticky at the top of the GLBT forum where you can post if you are looking for a cabin mate.

Cruisemates generally does not allow other advertising (including other websites, namely our competition) so I hope you understand. Like other boards we ask that our readers stay on topic (cruising vs. "cruising" - lol...but you boys know what I mean) and we would like to keep spamming and flaming to nil. Other than that, we totally welcome your thoughts, feedback, help...whatever and however you would like to contribute to our forum and board!

Welcome aboard, and hope to hear from you!!

Last edited by Triton; November 16th, 2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old November 19th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Familiar Face

Smile BajaBoyz Gay Group Mexican Riviera Cruise a success!

The first BajaGay.com Mexican Riviera Cruise was a great success! We signed up 24 directly, and another 14 booked independently, and of course made new friends at the nightly FOD/GLBT gatherings.

The BajaBoyz are definitely going to do another cruise in 2010! Several of our sailors came from this forum, so thank you cruisemates.com! In addition to our Baja and Southern California amigos, we had guys from Tennessee, Oregon, Illinois, and Arizona on this cruise... great fun, and a lot of great new friends.

Carnival was great to cruise with, and when we requested a time change for the FOD/GLBT gathering, the Cruise Director responded immediately to address our concerns.

So far, everyone thinks we are going to make it a Halloween cruise because we all had such a good time dressing up! Stay in touch for details on next year's cruise.

Kenito of BajaGay.com
Old December 7th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Beginner

Default Rob and Steve

Hey - Rob and Steve (45 and 40), from the UK - took our first cruise this year and loved it so much we booked two more for next year!

Queen Mary2 - transatlantic - both crossings! Awesome!

In 2010 we are doing RC Brilliance of the Seas in Arabian Gulf at Easter, and Queen Victoria Venice, Istanbul and Odessa in September.

Would be great to know if anyone else is on either cruise .... if only we had more time! So many great ships and destinations to choose from!
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Captain

Default Welcome!

Hi Rob and Steve, and welcome to the GLBT board of Cruisemates! Happy to have you boys on board and will look forward to your contributions to help make this a great forum for us all!
Old January 29th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Beginner

Hi All,

Ralph here from Valencia, California. 46 year old professional guy. Love adventure but never been on a cruise before. My first time going to be in June this year - a 7 day western mediterranean cruise. I'm freakin' excited!!! Couldn't wait to make new friends with GLBT cruisers.

Looking for a crusie buddy. Go check-out my post on single cruiser forum.
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Beginner

Thanx Triton. We're on countdown to our next cruise ... 43 days, 12hrs and 16minutes :-)
Old February 15th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Beginner

hello from atlanta! im 33 and never been on a cruise before. its just me so i will be looking for a roommate. i would to depart from FLL or MIA.
Old March 4th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Familiar Face

Default Newbie to the site...but not to cruising..

Hola from the Miami suburbs...
I'm Tom, and my partner is Rodney...
I've been on 21 cruises, I think, and Rod has been on 41...
Just got off the Indy a couple of weeks back and had a great time...
Have done 3 Atlantis trips and one RSVP..trying to do either the Allure next Feb or the RSVP trip around the same time...
Also trying to squeeze in the Epic for late summer or early Fall...
Old March 6th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Mjkelldog

Hi There!

I found this site today, because I am possibly looking for someone to share a cabin on the 2 May 2010 sailing of Celebrity's Solstice from FLL - Eastern Caribbean. My travel partner is most likely not able to go.

I am a single, 42 year-old masculine guy, non-smoker, social drinker, low drama.... looking for a cabin mate for this cruise. My cabin is C2 Concierge level, and I am a member of the Captain's Club. Anyone interested? Let me know and we can talk to see if it will work.
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Passenger

Default Updating our original posting

Just an update to our listing for Roy and Adam from the Maryland suburbs or Washington DC. We are going on the Caribbean Princess on May 2 and then the Crown Princess for Chumleys Bear Cruise in November.
Roy and Adam
Caribbean Princess 2009
Caribbean Princess 2008
QM2 2007
Explorer of the Seas 2007
Mariner of the Seas 2006
Brilliance of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, Leeward, Mardi Gras, Tropical, Victory, Sensation, QE2, Regal Empress, Dolphin2