Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Passenger

Default GLBT Cruise Mates! Come in & Introduce Yourself!

Hello all,

Its been a long time since we havent introduce ourself so we will start the call.

Eric and Martin here
37 and 33
We are both from montreal,Quebec (Canada)
Eric works for an airline and Martin for governmant security.
we love to travel and try to do 2 cruise a year....have yet to attend a FOD party as we did not know what they were until we found this site.

Your turn boys and girls

Nov 2006 & Dec 2006 Ships TBA
Diamond Princess Apr2005
Rccl Navigator Dec2004
NCL SUN Nov2004
Visit of QM2 Oct2004
Carnival Victory Nov2003
Golden Princess Apr2003
Celebrity Mercury Nov2002
Carnival Elation Nov2001
NCL SKY Nov2000

Sea Ya
E&M
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2006, 10:44 AM
First Mate

OK.... I will add my line...
Mike from Milwaukee WI
38 years old... and I also work for the best domestic airline in the US

I also love to travel and try to do about 1 cruise a year... and have done both gay charters on Atlantis and regular cruises.
RCCL Voyager 10/04
RCCL Enchantment 10/03
RCCL Adventure 2/03
Carnival Imagination 10/97
Old June 18th, 2006, 03:12 PM
First Mate

Bonjour Eric et Martin

We are Ron and Jon from the Kingston area of Ontario. Ron retired early and has been so for 17 years (un homme d'un certain âge...) Jon retired but then decided to create his own business so we can now consider him semi retired. He is Ron's junior by 12 years. We have been together for 32 years and are registered as same sex partners but have not (as yet) walked the isle. We have been blue water cruising for the past 12 years and have covered China and the far east, the Baltic states and Russia, the U.K. ports of call and crossed the Atlantic via Iceland and Greenland. We also sailed from Florida through the Panama to California and most recently crossed the Pacific from Sydney to Vancouver B.C. via Fiji, Tahiti and Hawaii. We do not foresee an Alaska cruise in our lives as that would be like carting coals to Newcastle... We have sailed on one all gay cruise and will not do so again. But we are now looking at a cruise with a fair sized gay group aboard for a more balanced inclusion. Long range we have our sights on South America and if life permits, Africa.

Your must remember Eric and Martin, we Canadians are much freeer to state our personal life details here, as our country does not discriminate as others do.
Old June 19th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo_Bost

This is a great idea. We are a gay MARRIED couple Jim and Jim from Boston. We have been together for 16 years and started crusing a few years ago when I had a birthday that ended in a zero (I would like to say 40, but it wasn't) Never been on a GAY ONLY cruise mostly because they overcharge. Our next cruise is on the Pride of Hawaii in May of 2007, good prices if you book early (OK, I'm a compulsive homo). We really love crusing, hit the gym everyday, enjoy karaoke and exploring ports, but not with the tour groups. (again they overcharge). Join us on the Pride of Hawaii!!!! Jimbo
Old June 20th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Passenger

We are Dave and Jim from Greenville SC, and we have a third - yes a 3some. Yuri is from Sao Paulo Brasil.

Dave is a sales forecaster, Jim is an Acct Rep/Interior Designer, Yuri is a SAP professional.

We are booked on the Oct 1 Destiny out of San Juan. We take at least two major vacations a year. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is our #1 destination. This will be our 2nd cruise.
Old June 25th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Familiar Face

Hi All,

We're Doug & Eric from Tampa, FL. This November will be our 24th year together. We've sailed on 25+ cruises including RSVP and standard cruises. Our first 9 cruises were with RSVP, mainly to the Caribbean but also Greece and Alaska. We've also sailed twice with Pied Piper. We've kind of 'outgrown' RSVP - we don't really fit the demographic any more and don't feel like we fit in like we used to so we prefer to book regular cruises any more - plus the itineraries are very limited. We love the idea of Pied Piper and but had a terrible experiance with them the last time so won't travel with them again - too bad!

We've been to the Caribbean (Eastern, Western and Southern), Hawaii, Alaska, Mexican Riveria, Northern Europe, Transatlantic and Greece. We're booked on the Ryndam out of Tampa on 11/24/2006 for a 14-day Southern Caribbean (anyone else going???).

Ta,
Doug & Eric
Old July 8th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Beginner

Hey gang -

Don here! Live in New York. Like a couple of you, work in the airline industry. Used to work for a great US carrier (largest in the "free world" at the time) before it fell on hard times. Now work for a Japanese carrier.

Have sailed many times on many lines. Next one coming up is October 27 Constellation Western Caribbean from Bayonne.

Cheers guys!

Don
Old July 8th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Wnt2loveuforever Send a message via Yahoo to Wnt2loveuforever

Hi there.. My name is Ryan..I am a 27 yr old gwm that lives in Saint Louis, MO...USA.

I am currently booked on the Valor 8-27 of this year. I am taking my mom. I have never been on a gay cruise, not my style. However i work in a law firm and am planning on doing 1 cruise a year, maybe more...Just depends. Next year i am taking my nephew who just turned 6 on a cruise. Haven't decided where yet, but I still have time.
Old July 8th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Passenger

Great Idea...

Edward (Ted) here 32 y/o GWM in Southern Ontario Canada, about an hour west of Toronto.

Post Secondary Professor and Business Owner.

Always welcome new friends and other singles who like to share travel without single supplement costs.

Cruise 4-6 times per year and always up for chat etc.

Old July 8th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Beginner

Hello everyone! Frank here from San Francisco. In December, I'm embarking on my first cruise ever. (My boyfriend has been on several.) We've booked a mini-suite on the Dawn Princess on an 11 day Mexico cruise that leaves from SF. (It's cool that we can take Muni to the pier if we wanted to.) I'm really looking forward to it. Just checking out the site and trying to learn as much as I can about cruises.
Old July 8th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to balunbustingbear Send a message via Yahoo to balunbustingbear

Darrell here from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
I work for an airline and have been on 8 cruises so far and I've already booked for the Maasdam leaving December 22, 2006. I'll be doing this one alone and will be my first cruise longer than 7 days. I am really looking forward to it. It's been awhile since my last cruise.

Maasdam - HAL - December 2006
Zenith - Celebrity Cruises - July 1995
Royal Majesty - Majesty Cruise Lines - November 1994
Seawind Crown - Seawind Cruises - May 1994
Regal Empress - Regal Cruise Lines - April 1990
Sun Princess - Princess (The ORIGINAL Love Boat!) - March 1987
Sun Princess - Princess (The ORIGINAL Love Boat!) - April 1986
Carla "C" - Costa Cruises - December 1978
Flavia - Costa Cruises - January 1976
Old July 8th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to sirtj

Roger 40 here
Chamber executive director and I own a B&B in Vermont I have cruised 7 times and love every minute of it.
I will be on the liberty Nov 3, 06 [/img]
12/19/2005 Carnival Legend
4/23/2005 Carnival Sensation
1/24/2005 Carnival Sensation
4/24/1994 Carnival Jubilee
Old July 11th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Admiral

I'm CruiseAholic (John) 47 where I live in Hagerstown, MD with my partner of 2.5 years, DJ (Jer). I'm in Cyber Security, DJ works for a banking firm.

We have 2 kids - 1 year old, red piebald miniature Daschunds !

I've been on 73 cruises, Princess is my favorite line with 38. DJ has been on 4 cruises, with #5, 6, 7 and 8 booked.

I'm cruising with my sister in September on the Diamond Princess from Vancouver to LA. DJ and I are cruising on the Star Princess (Canada/New England) Oct 28; Caribbean Princess, Dec 17 and Crown Princess 1/6.
Old July 12th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

hi everyone,

Adam & Ken, 36 & 42 here from Michigan, we've gone on 4 cruises so far, 3 straight ones and 1 on RSVP, I (Ken) am a travel agent, so the discounts are MUCH better on the straight ones. We've had a great time on every cruise we've been on, last one was April of this year on the Jewel of the Seas and while on the Cruise I played Bingo 1 day only and won the "win a cruise" bingo, So we are going on the Freedom of the Seas over the Labor Day Week, Sept 3rd. Can't wait... We've had some ships that had the FOD parties, some not, Looking forward to meeting some family in Sept.
Old July 12th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Passenger

Hey everyone, Arnie and partner Steve in Portland, Oregon. Together for nearly 9 years, ages 44 and 42. Both in the airline industry (seems to be a common thread here). Never been on a full-length cruise (been on numerous overnight ferry rides within Europe on the Baltic and North Seas). Booked on the Holland America Westerdam on 1/28/07 Southern Caribbean with my parents....I won the cruise and we're really looking forward to it. Would like to maybe do an RSVP cruise sometime.....probably just the novelty of it all. Looking forward to maybe being involved in a FOD meeting......wonder if we'll have to ask for it or if someone else will already? We've travelled much in Europe, Asia, Africa and all over the US...but never to the Caribbean or on a cruise....so, it'll be a first. I've posted to find others on our cruise......any takers? Take care. Stay in touch everyone.
Old July 13th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Passenger

Hello,

Jim here I'm 35 yrs old from Vancouver, Canada.

I work in the film industry.My next cruise is scheduled for Dec 09 2006. A eight day Eastern Caribbean cruise on RCL (Radiance Of the seas) I'm counting down the days.This will be my second cruise, having done the Western Caribbean cruise last year.

Old July 14th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Beginner

Bruce here, 45. Medical profession in Nashville Tennessee.
I've been on 4 Carnival cruises over the past few years. Enjoyed them all.
I've never been on a gay oriented cruise but am looking at the Zuiderdam-Holland America for the Halloween cruise they have out of Fort Lauderdale.

jerij
Old July 20th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Beginner

Hi all, I'm new here! I have been on one straight cruise and one gay cruise (RSVP). My wife has been on two straight cruises. Our next trip is Bermuda on Zenith in October and after that Alaska on the new Pearl next May. I am pretty active on the CC boards so if anybody is over there too you might already know me! We live in the Washington DC suburbs. I am a sign language interpreter.
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Passenger

Default Hello All

Robert and Jerry from Central Maryland checking in. We love cruising and have taken 18 so far. We've sailed on Princess, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Costa, Celebrity and Holland America. We prefer Holland because of the service and friendly staff. We both are Feds working in the D.C./Baltimore metro area. We celebrated our 25 anniversary last fall by taking the Westerdam transatlantic from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale. What a great way to get away from it all--15 days out of the office! Our next cruise is in October, we'll be taking the new Noordam out of New York for a 10-day Caribbean round-tripper. We just booked another transatlantic next April on the Jewel of the Seas.

Aside from cruising, we both love football, yeah that All-American butch game where huge guys try to kill each other. We have season tickets to the Baltimore Ravens and will be traveling to Tampa in early September for the "away" season opener. GO RAVENS!!!

Best regards,
Robert and Jerry
Old July 27th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Beginner

Hey guys,

Jim and I have been together 6 years this October and have booked our first cruise on 11/26 - Carnival Miracle. Anyone else on board?

David
Old July 28th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Beginner

Default Cruising from New York

Hey kids! Michael (39) and Lawrence (55) in New York City. Our 12 years together have included 7 cruises (all Princess), with #8 coming up on the Noordam this coming 2/17/07. Lawrence is an (early) retiree and Michael works in compliance for a securities trading firm. We also enjoy "land" vacations and travel every September to Mykonos, Greece for two weeks. Last Sept., we celebrated our ceremony of commitment with about 35 family and friends, so this year we will have out 1st anniversary.
Old July 31st, 2006, 10:57 AM
Passenger

Default Virgins...

That's right..... we are BOTH virgins (to cruising that is!), but are planning on breaking our cherries with a cruise to Alaska in July 2007! Mike and Bernie (suffice it to say we are "eligible" for AARP) have been together for four years and live in a western suburb of Chicago. Since we are new to this "cruising lifestyle" we decided to splurge and get a nice suite on the Celebrity Summit southbound Alaskan cruise on July 27th, 2007. We would love to host a FOD meet and greet cocktail party in our suite early on in the cruise, so we can all get to know each other. Bernie is a teacher (summers off!), and Mike works for the railroad.... (I got myself a train man!). We both have two daughters and now we have two daughters together! The first four were of the human persuasion, the last two are canine... well, they don't think so, but they are! A.J. is our one year old Chocolate Lab puppy, and I inherited Buffy, our 9 year old toy poodle (how gay!) from my mother (a nice car would have been better!)
Looking forward to finding some fellow GLBT passengers on the Summit and look forward to any additional information you all can provide... especially on packing for Alaska... are four steamer trunks really too much? Thanks.

Mike and Bernie

Celebrity Summit Southbound Cruise
Penthouse Suite 6147
Can you tell we are excited ? ?
Old July 31st, 2006, 09:14 PM
Beginner

Will and Brandon from Fort Worth, Texas - we are going on our third cruise. We have been on Carnival - Celebration, Sep 2004; Royal Caribbean - Rhapsody of the Seas, Oct 2005; and going on Princess - Grand Princess, Dec 2006.

So far each cruise has been a blast, I will admit I did not know what a FOD meeting was until "after" the last cruise. Now that I know if one is held on our next cruise I will attend.

We have been together for four years, I am an Information Technology manger and Brandon is the manager of a group home for MR children.
Old August 5th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Passenger

Hello

One 30ish cruiser from Tornto Canada

Booked on Atlantis Baltic Cruise 2007

---

Oceania Infinity 2006
Celebrity Mileenium 2005
Celebrity Millenium 2004

All Atlantis
Old August 5th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Passenger

Hello

One 30ish cruiser from Toronto Canada

Booked on Atlantis Baltic Cruise 2007

---

Oceania Infinity 2006
Celebrity Mileenium 2005
Celebrity Millenium 2004

All Atlantis
Old August 10th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Passenger

Hey There...

We are Pete and Jay living in Nashua, NH. We're celebrating 9 years together this November. We'll be cruising on the NCL Spirit, Novemeber 19th for 11 nights. Would love to meet other singles and couples on board.

This will be our 7th cruise together...1 on Norwegian, 5 on Princess...this is our first on NCL!

We try to cruise at least once/year...we are planning a 2007/2008 cruise now...any suggestions?
Old August 12th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to alviriv
Default Hi from Atlanta

Terry 42 and Alvin 41 from Atlanta. Together for 16 years. Been on several cruises together, but never been to an FOD since we did not know what they were until I joined these boards. Going on a solo cruise on October 08 - Freedom of the Seas!
Old August 13th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Beginner

Hi everyone. I am Dina. I wasn't going to introduce myself, but since I am a lurker, I figure it's time! I am not a gay male nor lesbian. I am a travel consultant that specializes in gay travel. So, I like to read the forums to stay informed and help my clients (I love to cruise and travel, so I have been on many "mainstream" voyages, but not on an all-gay charter).

So hello everyone!
Old August 22nd, 2006, 11:50 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to emjsea Send a message via Yahoo to emjsea

Michael and Carlos in Baltimore, MD here. We are in our late 30's.

I've been on four cruises, Carlos one. We went on our first Atlantis cruise and loved it so much, we booked our next on on the Freedom next January. I doubt I'll do another straight cruise again after that experience.

--------------------
2006 ATLANTIS, RCCL, Navigator of the Seas
2005 Costa, Mediterranea
2004 Carnival, Imagination
2003 Carnival, Imagination
Old August 25th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to SDFlyer Send a message via Yahoo to SDFlyer

Its Jack and Aaron from Dallas!
Legally married in Vancouver, April 2006. (We Love Canada!)
Both of us have airline jobs.
Have never done an all-gay cruise. Would like to do one but probably wont because of the price premium.
Our only FOD meeting was on Dawn Princess in May, so we are hoping for more on our future cruises.
We have a few future cruises already booked and we are hoping to do Baltics or Mediterranean in 2007.
We do frequent non-cruise travel too...favorite cities are ORD, SAN, SFO, SEA, PHX, LAS and HNL.
Always looking to make new friends, we are glad to email or IM with anyone.