Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Beginner

Default Norwegian Dream Oct 28th

The better half and I are heading out of Houston for a cruise on the NCL Dream over Halloween. Just want to know the low down on cruising, as this is our first cruise. We both like to travel and found a great deal on this voyage. Will there be any celebration for Halloween, should we bring costumes? I know this is not a super swanky boat, but like I said the price was great and fits into our vacation schedules. Details, details, it’s all in the details. Thanks, B2
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Beginner

Hi guys from the girls,

We are excited about the cruise and to meet fellow cruise goers. My girl and I can't wait! We live in Baton Rouge and will drive over on Friday night. Glad to find some like minded people to hook up with. This will be out first cruise together. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Vicki
Old September 16th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Admiral

We sailed the Dream in the Baltics. You will be much happier with the ship if you spring for the upscale dining in the "Le Bistro" restaurant at dinner. It is well worth the extra bucks compared to the standard fare in the non-fee restaurants. We ended up eating at Le Bistro nine out of 12 nights and were very glad we did so.

If you call NCL, they should be able to answer your costume questions.

Cheers! David & Chuck
Old September 18th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Passenger

We are a couple of guys in our 50's and love to cruise. We have been on 16 so far. Went on the NCL Dream last year and were very please with the ship. I expect there will not be much fuss made about halloween, but it might be fun to ware a mask at dinner. I have been on one cruise that had a Halloween party, but it was closed to a gay group we were traveling with.

I have lots to say about NCL, and the Dream. Norweign cruises have open seating, which means you can eat when, where and when whom you want. They also have not stict formal night, which mean you you do not have to bring a tux or suit unless you want to dress up. This makes NCL my favorite cruise line. My partner likes the formality and service on a more traditional cruise line like Celebrity.

We do find the food to be not quiet as good as other cruise lines, but if you check you daily planner (a little news page left in you room for the next day), you can find they have lots of BBQ's by the pool. And they are great. One night they served crawfish fajates! and always have great ribs, chicken, etc. To me all cruise food is great and while I find NCL"S overall food not quite as good, I still think it is great. The cafeteria on the upper deck by the pool is really pretty bad. Small and the hamburgers and pizza are a joke. But there other stuff is okay and sometimes they have a cheese stations with really great blue cheese. They do have an omelette bar and seperate waffle bar set up by the pool for breakfast and the lines were never too long for us. We usually try to go full service for breakfast and lunch, more because we just like to be waited on. The two main resturants and mid ship and aft. They both have the same menu, but the aft resturant as several teirs with a view out the back of the ship. And a real nice marine mural on the opposite wall. Sometimes there was a line at dinner. The Le Bristro that was mentioned in an early posting is wonderful. There is a $15 cover per person. We usually only do one of those on a 7 day cruise. Reservation is usally required a Le Bristo.

I have lots more to say and will so upon request. I love to talk about cruising. The Dream out of Houston in Oct offers the best value I have every seen. Let me know if you want to know about snorkeling (this cruise is wonderful for that), the shows, your cabins, gym etc. I'll check this posting once a week or so. Or feel free to email me at jcc627@yahoo.com. Have a great cruise. John and Stephen from rural Texas.
Old September 25th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Beginner

It is just over a month before we head out on our cruise adventure and we are ready for some serious vacation time. Ladies we are looking forward to meeting you and having some good times while on vacation. We have purchased one tour from NCL, from Playa del Carmen down to Tulum to look at some ruins and swim at the beach. As for Progresso we are planning on taking a bus to Merida and do some shopping. In Belize City we are just going to hang out and see what happens. To the guys that posted thank you for you very much for your insight it is much appreciated. Keep the tips coming.

Bon Voyage
B2