Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2006, 05:50 PM
Passenger

Default Jewel of the Seas 4/15/2007

My partner Jerry and I just booked this transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to Amsterdam. Anyone else going?
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2006, 08:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Not going with you, but You'll love this ship, we were on the Jewel this past April, we love the Voyager class ships, we were afraid we wouldn't like it as much, we were wrong, it is a great ship.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:58 AM
Beginner

Default Transatlantic ?

I am booked on the Celebrity Galaxy from Rome to San Juan next december. It is my fourth cruise but for the first time I will be in a cruise ship alone. And for 14 nights ! Is it a good idea ?
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Passenger

Default Jewel

AdamKen,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Jewel. It's been a while since we've sailed on RCCL so we are looking forward to the trip. The ship does look really nice.
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

no problem, if you have any questions, ask away, you'll love this ship, it has no johnny rockets but it has a Seaview cafe in the rear of the ship on Deck 12 if I remember correctly, don't miss it, they were so friendly and the food is made to order, awesome! the onion rings Mmmmmm, and you gotta try the Cuban sandwich, had one just about every night, they are open until 1:00 am nightly, a great snack before bed.....
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Passenger

Default How was the Entertainment?

AdamKen,

Will defintely try out the cafe and the onion rings! How was the entertainment on board? It's been a while since we've sailed on RCCL but as I remember their shows were very good.
Old August 17th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

sorry for the late reply...it's been a while since on the boards, going on the Freedom in 2 weeks WooHoo!!

The shows were really good but most of the dancers/singers were leaving as their contracts were up.
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Beginner

Hi Bob & Jerry as well as other fellow cruisers!

My partner and I are from Seattle and will be joining you on this cruise. This will be our 13th cruise together but our first transatlantice so we are both excited and a bit nervous!

We are both in our mid 40's and are very sociable and love to meet others for onboard fun and frienship.

Hope to hear from you!!!!!

John
[/b]
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Beginner

We are going with our good friends Thom & Randy from Miami Beach, and Wayne from New Jersey & Miami Beach.

As you know, the boat ends up in Amsterdam - on April 27th - then on
Monday April 30th - the most famous day in the Netherland's takes place, "QUEEN'S DAY".

Quote: "Let your hair down, go on. Join the Dutch on their craziest day of the year Koninginnedag or Queen's Day. This annual celebration on April 30 commemorates the Queen Mother's birthday. This old royal was a game old thing and Amsterdam parties with her. Everyone wears orange - the colour of the royal house, and it is impossible to be in a bad mood dressed as a satsuma.

Trading laws are lifted for the day so anyone can sell whatever they want on the street, and the whole place becomes the most outrageous flea-market. Music pumps out of sound systems and stages spring up through the city playing jazz, classical music and the latest dance tunes. The canals heave with party boats as up to two million people invade Amsterdam. Join them.

Obviously this is a great way to end a crossing/cruise - a once in a lifetime national event.

Worth the trip!

Bob & Walter - Miami/New York
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Beginner

Hi there Guys!!!!
Looks like we'll have a nice group for FOD cocktail parties. Maryland Bob and I have also been in touch on another cruise website board.
I'm so excited because, just this afternoon, I noticed that a category GS became available so I called my TA and he was able to snag it for us.
Woo Hoo!
We are SO looking forward to this cruise