Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:22 PM
Beginner

Default Norwegian Jewel Oct. 21, 06

We are 2 guys, mid 40's from Canada. Less than 3 months to go! Who else is travelling?
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Passenger

We are Stephen and Clay in our mid 50's from rural Texas. Can't wait, should be lots of gay people on the cruise with 2 gay tour. Email if you want to jcc627@yahoo.com.
Old July 25th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Familiar Face

Bill and Larry from Palm Springs-CA will be joining the fun as well. There should be lots of gay folks. Get your costumes ready.
Old August 9th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Familiar Face

Lee and Gary here from Houston, TX. Looking forward to the trip! jla665@sbcglobal.net our e-mail.
S/S Norway - 12/99
Norwegian Majesty - 11/02
Norwegian Sea - 12/02
Norwegian Star - 10/04
Norwegian Star - 04/05
Norwegian Jewel - 10/06
Norwegian Pearl - 6/07
Crown Princess - 10/08
Norwegian Spirit - 4/09
Star Clipper - 09/09
Celebrity Mercury - 10/09
Pride of America - 6/10
Celebrity Eclipse - 11/10
Norwegian Dawn - 2/11
Old August 22nd, 2006, 04:00 PM
Beginner

I will be on this one, sharing a cabin with a fellow I have only met through the fellow running one of the groups and a series of e-mail exchanges. He is from the west coast and I from Baltimore area but we will be taking the same plane from NY to Barcelona and spend 2 days seeing Barcelona before the cruise. At this point, I know one other pair, Dan and Peter. .Ron
Old September 2nd, 2006, 12:38 AM
Familiar Face

BUMP BUMP BUMP
Old September 7th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Passenger

Hey this is John and Stephen from Texas, NCL as finally posted shore excursion info. We are very pleased with the prices. Does anyone have any advise. The Nice & Monaco tours looks like it includes Monte Carlo? What about Piza, is it worth the time or should we spend all day in Flourence? Rome Classical or Baroque? What about Funcahal, Madeira; we don't have a clue, is East or West better? Any advise let us know. Thanks john
Old September 14th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Beginner

I'm aboard with a small group including: A Canadian, a couple from Costa Rica, some from USA, and myself from Bermuda.

Frederick
fsp@logic.bm
Old September 14th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to PHILLY CRUISER Send a message via Yahoo to PHILLY CRUISER

8) Been awhile since I last posted on this site. My partner Peter and I are on this sailing as part of GAY group. There are about 20 or so in our group from around the USA, Canada, S. America and Bermuda. Should be a great time.

I know there is another Gay Tour group on board plus some guys sailing on their own. Maybe we should all plan on meeting the first night out about 7PM in the STAR BAR up on deck 13. Last year on a sister ship NCL held "FOD" meetings there.

Feel free to write if you are on this sailing. TOBEYatPHL@aol.com

Dan and Peter
Phila. Pa.
Old September 19th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to davewaikiki

8)

ALOHA FROM HONOLULU..WE ARE DAVE & JIMMY...HAPPY TO KNOW WE WILL BE IN GOOD.."GAY" COMPANY ON THE JEWEL CRUISE DEPARTING BARCELONA 10/21...

WE ARE A FUN LOVING COUPLE IN OUR FABULOUS 50'S, LONG TIME PARTNERS FOR 23 + YEARS, AND POSSES A SPIRIT OF ENJOYING LIFE TO ITS FULLEST...MARTINI'S..WINE..LAUGHTER..TEASING..& MEETING NEW PEOPLE ARE TOPS IN OUR LIST OF "LIKES" !!

CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU ALL..IF YOU SEE US PASSBY...WE ARE THE MIX RACIAL COUPLE,,,(JIMMY JAPANESE-FLIP) & DAVE THE PALE-FACE AMERICAN INDIAN...
Old September 21st, 2006, 07:09 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Curly
Default Norwegian Jewel Barcelona 21st October 2006.

Phil & Danny here (Costa Rica) This will be our first cruise too, though I (Phil) Have been transatlantic twice before but on other ships, and done a couple of minicruises years ago...NOrway & Alaska. We are very much looking forward to this experience which we have been planning now for a long while. We will be in UK & Spain for two weeks before joining the Jewel. Someone suggested a get-together on the boarding evening for a drink. Please count us in. What ideas are there for Halloween?
Old September 25th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Familiar Face

Has anybody booked any of the land tours yet? Also, anybody here booked with PrideCruise-Phil Calvacanto's group? Can't wait to meet you all.
Old September 25th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Beginner

Default Land Tour Options on NCL Jewel,Oct 21,,response to fun1too

'''

Aloha fun1too,,,,,( Palm Springs is where we want to retire when we leave Honolulu)

Re: Land Tours,,,,Jimmy and I have only pre-booked 2 landtours on NCL's website shore/ex,,,,Florence & Rome ( shuttle coach on our own)
Otherwise, we are gonna " wing-it" on the other island stops, and depending on the weather...(or the shape we are in from the night before)...we will trek around on our own.

We compared the cost ( and uncertainty of the italian train service) and decided to do the ship motorcoach Livorno-Florence * Citavechhia - Rome.....anyone else have any idea's??

davewaikiki@aol.com
Old September 26th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Beginner

I have looked at the NCL website list of shore excursions and printed the whole 10 pages out. But I cannot find any price list. I called a number in the pages on the excursions but that person merely referred me to the website that I already knew had no prices with the descriptions. Can anyone direct me to the price list?

I will also be with the Dan Tobey and Phil C group, sharing a cbin with a fellow from the west coast. We will be arriving in Barcelona on the 19th and staying at the Avenida Palace hotel until the 21st.

Ron
Old September 26th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Passenger

Hey Ron,

Go to NCL.com's shore excursion, Europe section and click on Oct 21. Put arrow directly on date and click and the Prices will show up on page 3 of the mail/fax in application form. We booked all our excursion on line, but we were surprised theSplenders of Florence was alread full. We booked an excursion in every port thru ncl with the understanding that you have 48 hours to cancel. I guess that mean you cannot cancel the first stop in Nice. The prices look good to us. We will be at the bar listed in previous postings the first night and hope to meet everybody there.

John and Stephen
Old September 27th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Familiar Face

Hey guys, was looking at the itinerary and noticed that the first night at 7:00p is Sail-away from BCN. Not sure if you want to reschedule the met and greet or not. Gary and I will be at Hotel Axel precruise arriving Oct 18.
S/S Norway - 12/99
Norwegian Sea - 12/02
Norwegian Star - 10/04
Norwegian Star - 04/05
Norwegian Jewel - 10/06
Norwegian Pearl - 6/07
Crown Princess - 10/08
Norwegian Spirit - 4/09
Star Clipper - 09/09
Pride of America - 6/10
Norwegian Dawn - 2/11
Old September 27th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Beginner

Hi John & Stephen,,,,,,( this is Dave & Jimmy from Honolulu)

noted your above posting,,,,about sail-away time and FOD meeting the first night at 7pm in Star Lounge. As a suggestion, if you wanna be out side on the decks at that time...maybe we could meet at a specified place outside on the decks ( i.e poolside)...and toast our sailway....( depending on the weather)..or meet later in the star lounge after dinner?
your call guys !!!

AXEL HOTEL,,,,,,we will also be there ( pre-cruise from the 17 to 19...
then again from 20 to 21) Oct 19 we will do an overnighter to see the Aquarium & Flora Fair in Valencia & overnight in Sitges)

Give us a call at the Axel if you like when you get settled,,,,we are registered under last name " Ambrose, David"..

Can't wait to meet all the above members who have posted on this thread..." A toast to new friends",,Dave & Jimmy in Honolulu
davewaikiki@aol.com
Old September 27th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Familiar Face

Hey Dave, It's actually Lee and Gary at the Axel. We will be registered under Lee Alexander. We hope to arrive in BCN at 11:40am on the 18th. We will definitely look you up!
S/S Norway - 12/99
Norwegian Sea - 12/02
Norwegian Star - 10/04
Norwegian Star - 04/05
Norwegian Jewel - 10/06
Norwegian Pearl - 6/07
Crown Princess - 10/08
Norwegian Spirit - 4/09
Star Clipper - 09/09
Pride of America - 6/10
Norwegian Dawn - 2/11
Old September 27th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Beginner

oh geez ..Lee and Gary...my apologies for mis-addressing my comments above to the wrong guys.( even though i really want to meet john and steven too)..now you know its a blonde on the keyboard here !!!),,,

see you at The Axel,,,

,and i promise to proof-read my future postings....i.e. I NEED vacation...anyone got a martini?

dave
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Familiar Face

lol...ez mistake, both profiles begin with "j", both are from texas, both are close to houston.....lol
S/S Norway - 12/99
Norwegian Sea - 12/02
Norwegian Star - 10/04
Norwegian Star - 04/05
Norwegian Jewel - 10/06
Norwegian Pearl - 6/07
Crown Princess - 10/08
Norwegian Spirit - 4/09
Star Clipper - 09/09
Pride of America - 6/10
Norwegian Dawn - 2/11
Old September 28th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Familiar Face

Has anybody received their documents yet?
We also booked ourselves on ports land tours. We booked one tour per port hoping we picked the right ones. Since this is our only chance to see these places, we went ahead and booked what we thought was worth seeing. Possibly cancel and rebook with the group once on board. We didn't want to miss out as the land tour sells out fast. I hope you all are as excited as we are. Can't wait to meet you all..............
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Familiar Face

Our Docs arrived Tuesday, 9/26.
S/S Norway - 12/99
Norwegian Sea - 12/02
Norwegian Star - 10/04
Norwegian Star - 04/05
Norwegian Jewel - 10/06
Norwegian Pearl - 6/07
Crown Princess - 10/08
Norwegian Spirit - 4/09
Star Clipper - 09/09
Pride of America - 6/10
Norwegian Dawn - 2/11
Old September 28th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Beginner

Default Hey you all

Paul and I are arriving in Barcelona on the 18th. We are booked at the Derby Hotel somewhere in the city. We hope to meet you all at Dave and Jimmy's pre cruise get together on the 20th.
Is anyone bringing a costumes for the 31st?
And thanks John, I was able to pre book all our excusions, good info you sent.
See you all soon.
Eric
Old September 28th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Beginner

8)
Aloha Paul & Eric.... YES..Jimmy and I are bringing costumes & accessories,,,,,this will be the first year we will be away from our friends in Honolulu where we have an annual theme dress-up and "drag down waikiki",,,,,,so hopefully stir up a little action on the "jewel" in the middle of the Atlantic....as long as we are not the only one's playing "dress-up"

FYI for all you guys...on a precruise visit in Barcelona....8pm...no host cocktail mixer will be at The Axel Hotel on Aribau Street,,,,,meet in main cocktail lounge....( Use your "gay-dar" to spot Jimmy....he will most likely be the only Asian/Hawaiian in the lounge) come up and introduce yourself..let me know on the thread if anyone needs more info on this spontaneous "informal precruise FOD cocktail mixer"

Dave & Jimmy Honolulu Hawaii
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Beginner

Hi All:

Walter & Bob here - we're on the NCL Jewel October 21, 2006 crossing with 6 other friends, (2 gay from Miami & 4 straight from Texas).

We live in Miami & Manhattan. Walter is a Director of the American Kennel Club and an international dog show judge. I'm very involved with the Miami community and government.

We enjoy our work and our pleasurable pursuits, with cruising at the top of the list.

We are very social and enjoy meeting people and the FOD meetups.

Our E-DOCs arrived yesterday! We arrive Barcelona on Oct. 17th - staying in a Bari Gotic apt. on Escudellers.

Bob
Old September 30th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Beginner

Hi Guys, Joe & Terry from Rehoboth Beach, DE. Moved to Rehoboth from Philadelphia. We have been together 25 years.

We are on this cruise with the Aquafest gay group. I think there are about 40 with our group. Arrive in Barcelona on the 18th and staying at the Atrium Palce.

We have booked the Taste of Florence and the Rome classical city tours. We also have the Nice, Saint Paul De Vence tour included with this group. Will play the other stops by ear.

Will definately try to be at the Axel Hotel on the 20th to meet some of you guys. Looking forward to a great cruise.

Joe
Old September 30th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Passenger

Hey Joe and Terry,

We are booked own Classical Rome and Taste of Florence. There is a 3 and half hour "on you own" in Florence. My partner is suppose to be doing research, but if you guy have any ideas about places to see let us know. We are arriving the day of the cruise and will try to catch up meeting everybody on board. John and Stephen from rural Texas Cabin 10034.
Old September 30th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Beginner

Hi guys;
Paul and I have booked all our tours. We are doing the highlights of Monaco and Monte Carlo, Florence and Pisa, A taste of Rome, A taste of Corsica, Palma on 2 Wheels ( not sure what kind of wheels they are yet?), and Tour The Rock.
Paul and I are not travelling in a group, just the two of us. I am 46 and Paul is 43.
We are from Ottawa, Canada. (Between Montreal and Toronto)We have been together for 19 years. We have four Chihuahua's and five Llama's. (We live on a Farm).
We have cruised on the Jewel before. If you have not, you will love this ship. Try to visit the Bora Bora health spa area. For a small fee you can use these great facilities, sauna's, steam rooms etc. Men only, yahoo.
We are arriving on the 18 as many of you guys. We are staying at the Delta hotel. On ship we are on the fourth deck level next to the engine room. Ha ha, "I hope not".
Oh well, we will all have a great time. I will write later.
Eric
Old October 3rd, 2006, 07:43 PM
Beginner

Default Oct 20...pre-FOD - No Host Cocktail Mixer @ Hotel Axel 8 pm

Ahoy Jewel Mateys...( all on this post and fellow FOD passengers)

Just a reminder to anyone interested in meeting up before boarding on the 21st,,,,, cocktail lounge at 8pm, Fri. Nite @ Hotel Axel C/Airbau 33...(Metro Universidad)...informal no-host cocktail party for about 2 hours before we head out to enjoy our last night in BCN.

hotel location and website is : http:www.axelhotels.com/en/

nothing formal...just a casual gathering...otherwise plenty of time to" getting to know you" on board later...

Dave & Jimmy Honolulu-Hawaii USA
davewaikiki@aol.com
Old October 14th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Beginner

Paul and I are at the packing stage. We fly out on Tuesday. I guess we will see you all on Friday Night at the Axel or on ship Saturday. Have a great flight. Eric