Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Passenger

Default HAL Westerdam Jan 28 Southern Caribbean

My partner, me, and my parents will be on the Westerdam on Jan 28 out of Fort Lauderdale. Anybody else? Check out my blog and comment if you'd like to: http://www.spiritofsaintlewis.blogspot.com
See you onboard!
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey World Traveler. I will be on that ship with you. A friend from Louisiana will be joining me. If I remember correctly, you rented the green cabana on Half Moon Cay. I just got back from a cruise on the Amsterdam and I checked out the cabanas. The green one is way down the beach. Pretty private. I have rented the blue one which is the closest to the action. Very impressive little cabanas. Also went to Aruba and Curasao. Beautiful little islands. Very colorful buildings. Awesome floating bridge in Curasao. Anyway, hope to see you onboard the Westerdam Jan 28th. Volendam is next for me on Dec 13th. Guess where it's going? Half Moon Cay, Aruba, Curasao, St Thomas and Dominica. I will be an expert on those islands by the time our cruise comes around. Lynn
Old November 12th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Passenger

Hi there FLLP, Thanks so much for all of the great information. Although I'm very happy that the green cabana is a little more private, I am a little concerned about its distance since both of my parents are older. Hope they'll be able to walk there safely and without any problem. You will definitely be the "cruise director" with all of the most up-to-date information on the islands we'll be traveling to. Enjoy the cruising. Stay in touch. We always enjoy meeting new folks as we travel here and there. Again, many thanks for your information.
Old November 12th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have to warn you, it is quite a walk especially if you walk to it on the beach. There is a path behind the cabanas that might be a better bet for your parents. They will have to go over a sand dune but that should be no problem. It's not a big sand dune. Anyway, stay in touch. Lynn
Old November 12th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Passenger

Oh my gosh, you have been so helpful! So, for the day on HMC, do we just take a backpack or small bag with us from the ship? I guess we'd better plan on having a backpack with each of us for those days away from the ship, eh? And, you're right, the path down to the cabanas might be the best idea.....are we talking about a mile? Half mile? 1/4 mile? I've forgotten (and I didn't look back through the posts before I started this writing), which cabana are you in? I believe you said Blue. Anyway, I really hope we have the opportunity to at least say "hi" to one another. Again, this will be the first cruise for my partner and me. We actually won it......which makes it even more fun!
Old November 13th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Holland America provides a little travel bag for you. They also provide beach towels. When I go to Half Moon Cay, I bring my camera and that is all. I will have the blue cabana which is the closest to the action. Not a whole lot of privacy, but that's ok, my bud and I are just that....buds. I would estimate the green cabana to be maybe a tenth of a mile from the loading dock. Not a real long walk. Definately use the path. The sand on the beach is very soft and loose. The water looks like a swimming pool. Crystal clear and blue. It's just gorgeous. You are going to love it. Did you get a butler with your cabana? I didn't.