Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Beginner

Default Roll Call: Pride of Hawaii March 19, 2007

I'm 43 and will be traveling with a friend. Anyone else on this sailing?
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Passenger

Default Your opinion

Hey MM42,

I am not going to be on the sailing, but I saw the ships you have recently been on.

We are booked on the Norwegian Pearl for March 2007, the sister ship to the Jewel.

How did your experience rate on the Jewel compared to the Celebrity and Royal Caribbean ships. I know they are all different, but any thoughts? Oh by the way, how was your Carnival Experience too? I have never done Carnival.

Sorry to get your hopes up that someone was booked by responding to this, but I am very curious to hear your thoughts.

Tom

19 cruises total on all different lines including RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Sea Dream. Our 20th Cruise is October 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas.
Old December 9th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Beginner

Hi

First of all, excuse my english. French is my native tongue.

You will love the Pearl. My experience with the Jewel was memorable. I can't wait to go back with NCL. You have to try the specialties restaurants... the French one and the Asian one are a must. Even the buffet is great. The staff is very gay friendly and there are FOD meetings everynight. I met people on the first FOD meeting of the cruise and we had a blast the whole week. Even some members of the staff came and danced with us! I love freestyle cruising because you can wear whatever you want and nobody cares. Plus, you can go to the main restaurant at your leisure. Formal night attire is optional. As for the shows, NCL had the best. The ship is very colorful but in a very "chic" way.

I was on the Celebrity Constellation and did not like it very much. A lot of very old passengers complaning about everything. I was one of the youngest passengers... The staff was not too eager to please also. They looked like they would have prefered any other job. The indoor pool was very nice though.

Carnival? Sorry, I don't think I'll do Carnival again. I tried it so I could make my own opinion. In one word: everything you hear about Carnival is true (good or bad). They did have FOD meetings everynight.

As for RCCL, I couldn't tell since it was not an ordinary cruise. It was a gay cruise with Atlantis so I would have to go on an ordinary cruise to make an opinion. I could tell you that the food was so so.

If you have any question, feel free to ask.

Michel
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Familiar Face

MM4, It sounds like your Cruise experiences are very similar to ours, we enjoyed the same cruise lines. RCCL is marketing to family groups, what with the rock wall, skating, and now the surf wave. Which is fine if you have and enjoy kids. We didn't find RCCL to be unfriendly to gays, just lots of kids running around.
My partner and I will be on the POH in May, so PLEASE post about your experiences when you get back. Jimbo