CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Gay / Lesbian Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/)
-   -   Anyone else on NCL Pearl March 2nd 2007? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/324801-anyone-else-ncl-pearl-march-2nd-2007-a.html)

BrianTom December 18th, 2006 03:00 PM

Anyone else on NCL Pearl March 2nd 2007?

My Partner and I made our final payment yesterday for this trip. We went on it on Friday Night for a one night trip to nowhere for Rosie O'Donnel's charity and it is an awesome ship.

Anyone else booked on this?

Tom and Brian

travelcruiser December 31st, 2006 06:37 PM

I'm booked on it, and really looking forward to the trip. I am a retired single man. From the reviews I've read, the Pearl is a really nice ship. This will be my first NCL cruise; I've done 5 on Carnival, including the Carnival Liberty transatlantic last month when so many people got sick (happily, I did not).

Anyone else booked?

S&J January 15th, 2007 04:02 PM

My partner and I will be on the Pearl Feb. 2. This will be our first cruise - we are so excited.

travelcruiser January 15th, 2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&J
My partner and I will be on the Pearl Feb. 2. This will be our first cruise - we are so excited.

Well, you're in for the experience of a lifetime.... I went on my first cruise a couple of years ago, and didn't really know what to expect. I was HOOKED from the moment I stepped on the ship. It's a terrific way to travel.

My Pearl cruise is on March 2, so we won't meet, but I wish you a great trip!

BrianTom January 17th, 2007 01:06 PM

Glad you are joining us. Travelcruiser, being from Miami you know how easy it is to cruise. Just a quick ride to the pier and you are on vacation.

S&J, hopefully you will enjoy it as much as we do. IMO, it is not like a hotel vacation at a resort. It is really great way to travel.

You first cruise will be a little different experience than the other cruise lines, I think, due to freestyle cruising. It is probably a good way to do it for your first cruise, not that traditional cruising would be bad.

We were on the ship for a one night cruise to nowhere with Rosie O'Donnell. It is a very interesting ship.

There are some great things about the ship and some hideous things about the ship. Most of the hideous things about the ship have to do with color choices for the decor rather than in the ships layout. The main lobby is ugly, ugly! The pool area looks like a wanna-be designer was fired by Disney for incompetance and hired by NCL to design the lobby and pool area. Though they do have the right idea with some of the pool furniture. The best part of the ship is the layout. It is not one of those ships with a grand atruim in the middle, but it works. I have been on 17 cruise ships so far and I can say that this is a departure from the traditional layout of the others.

I am looking forward to 9 days on the Pearl. It should be fun.
Tom