CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Gay / Lesbian Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/)
-   -   7 day Mexican Riviera - Anyone wanna join me? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/326728-7-day-mexican-riviera-anyone-wanna-join-me.html)

ManOnMars January 24th, 2007 11:45 AM

7 day Mexican Riviera - Anyone wanna join me?

Hi Folks!

There's a heck of a deal right now on the Dawn Princess: $499 p/p for a 7-day Mexican Riviera Cruise round-trip from San Diego sailing November 11, 2007.

Anyone want to join me? I have a few friends who are kinda sorta maybe interested, but I definitely want to go if I can find a fun cabin mate.

My contact info is in my profile.

Dave

ManOnMars July 10th, 2007 03:44 PM

Is it rude to reply to my own message to bump it to the top of the list? I hope not.

Dave

CM Rob August 12th, 2007 12:15 AM

Hey

Hey Dave, did you find a cruise partner yet?

ManOnMars August 13th, 2007 12:36 AM

Haven't found a cabinmate yet. So Im considering the Carnival Spirit 8-day Mex Riv departing Nov 14. It has a great solo traveler rate and it's a day longer. Not thrilled about trying Carnvial cause they're so mass market, but I suppose no one gets to be the biggest cruise line in the world by being terrible. I should try it at least once. The Spirit is new and gets good reviews so I'll probably go for that one instead of the Dawn Princess sailing. Dawn Princess has a sucky single traveler fare.

JohnnyI August 13th, 2007 06:11 PM

:)

CM Rob August 13th, 2007 07:00 PM

hey

What is the rates for the 8day cruise? Where does it depart from?

ManOnMars August 14th, 2007 12:02 AM

The 1a interior cabin is $744 for 8 nights. Thats a regular cabin too. On that class of Carnival ship there are no upper/lower cabins. It departs from San Diego.

COsailer August 15th, 2007 10:10 PM

Hi, I would love to go with you, but unfortunately, can't go in November. If you have some flexibility in dates, I am looking at the December 9 cruise on the Dawn Princess. Just looking for someone to hang with and enjoy the trip.

Gene

california dave August 26th, 2007 12:22 AM

deleted

ManOnMars August 26th, 2007 11:23 AM

I'm kind of stuck with my dates. I put in my vacation request ages ago. I'm off Sat Nov 10 to Sun Nov 25 so I have to cruise in that window.

I just cancelled the Dawn Princess cruise on Nov 11. I couldn't get a roommate to commit and the last cancellation date where I could still get a refund is Monday. The single supplement on that sailing was 100%. I refuse to pay that.

In place of that I booked the Carnvial Spirit 8-day Mexican Riviera cruise sailing on Wed Nov 14 from San Diego. It has a great single supplement, only 35%. I figure a big new Carnvial ship like the Spirit is probably a better cruise for a single traveler anyway since it's more of a floating party and Princess is more of a floating resort. I would have been happy with either really, but the low single fare from Carnival is what got me. The extra day is a great bonus too.

So I'm all set to trave alone on the Carnival Spirit on Nov 14. There are still a few of those low single fares left if you want one too.

Dave