Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Passenger

Default I was on the Majesty two weeks ago, and met a gay couple....

I am a heterosexual female, married with two adult sons, and I just recently cruised on the Majesty with my Mom, and met a gay male couple. I just wanted to say Hanging out with Chris was one of the highlights of my cruise. His partner of 8 years (happy anniversary Chris and B.) was more laid back but Chris was a little more out-going. I met B. a few nights after I met Chris. Chris and I hung out together in the Schooner lounge, and enjoyed one of the shows together too. Then I met up with both guys on the pool deck one morning. They were a joy to be with and I hope to meet them again someday on a future cruise. 99% of my friends are "straight" and the few gay people I know I don't see very often. I wish I knew more gay people!! Sometimes I just don't know what all the hype is about when it comes to a persons sexuality. We are all people living our lives, regardless of our race or sexuality. I enjoyed their company better than I do some females I hang out with
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to nycruiser

Thats such a nice post! There are so many days I feel like giving up because many times people are bashing gays and lesbians. I am for the most part in the closet and sometimes people dont think I am gay and I get to see their true colors. But I tell myself it is ignorance how can I hold their views agaianst them but still I feel hurt but what many people say and the assumptions they make. It is refreshing to see there are accepting people in this world. Thank You
Old May 13th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycruiser
Thats such a nice post! There are so many days I feel like giving up because many times people are bashing gays and lesbians. I am for the most part in the closet and sometimes people dont think I am gay and I get to see their true colors. But I tell myself it is ignorance how can I hold their views agaianst them but still I feel hurt but what many people say and the assumptions they make. It is refreshing to see there are accepting people in this world. Thank You
Thanks for your reply! Who care what other people think

I won't even pretend I understand what your feeling about being openly gay, but I will say this, being a african american woman I can't imagine what it was like during the early-mid 1900's when bigotry and racism were at its worst, but the only difference now is, its more politically correct. Its still alive and well, but dare I say, just more tolerated. Go on and open that closet, live your life, and be proud of who and what you are. Many people will always turn their nose up, look the other way, and think of you as less than they are, but guess what?? Its their problem, not yours!!