Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Familiar Face

Default [b]CHRISTMAS CRUISING?[/b]

SGWM...mid 40's...wondering if any of you guys like to cruise during the holidays, or is it not worth the extra expense? I'd love to go but am having trouble justifying the single supplements at that time of year! Anyone planning/wanting to go then? The most reasonable I've found for a single is MSC but I don't know much about that line. I appreciate your input![/b]
Miracle, Dec. 2008, NCL Jewel, Apr. 2009, Carnival Dream, Dec. 2009, HA Noordam, Mar. 2010, Carnival Freedom, Aug. 2010, Celebrity Summit, Dec. 2011, NCL Epic, May, 2011, RCI Explorer of the Seas, Dec. 2012, Carnival Spirit, Mar. 2012, Coral Princess, Dec. 2012, MSC Musica, Dec. 2013
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:26 AM
Passenger

I have enjoyed cruising during the Holidays; however, be prepared for lots of families. I went to Belize, Cozumel, and Progresso over the Holidays in 2004. Everyone had a good time. I agree that it is a lot more expensive.
Old June 20th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Familiar Face

Default Holiday Cruises for Gay Guys

My spouse and have gone for a Christmas Cruise every year since 2001. It's always a gas. Yes, there are families, but there are also lots of other gay folks who want to spend the holiday away from family. We always meet a few people at the welcome cocktail party (if you see two guys together and the little bell inside your head goes off, just go up and say 'Hi!') and the group grows from there. Memorable experiences: about 20 guys on the Ryndam for Christmas/New Years South America Cruise (taking the dance floor at midnight for a spin and unashamed New Years kiss!). Wow. A dozen or so on a Royal Caribbean Panama Canal cruise (one of the couples actually took the stage to compete in the newlywed game). I have never been hassled or in any way made to feel uncomfortable on an otherwise straight cruise. Go to the disco late, when the crew arrives . . . there's always a few family members there. Have fun!