Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to rockysilvosa
Default Single gay on Carnival Spirit, Nov. 30, '07

Looking to meet up with other FOD booked on subject cruise. Would like to set up a table of like minded cruisers.
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Passenger

I'm going on the Nov 14 sailing. Oh well. I'm sure you won't be the only 'mo on board. Hope you have fun!
Old July 18th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival Spirit

Thanks for the Response. To bad your two weeks after my booking. I have cruised the Mexican Riviera nine times in the last four years. Three times on Carnival Spirit. Should you have any questions regarding the ship or ports, don't hesitate to ask. If you would like to contact me direct, my email address is, rockysilvosa@msn.com.
Cheers and Bon Voague, Ron
Old July 18th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Passenger

Glad to hear you've cruised on the Spirit several times before. You must like it. I've never cruised on Carnival before and I was reluctant to book with them because they are the most mass market of all the mass market cruiselines. It must not be too bad if you've gone on repeat cruises on that ship. The low low single occupancy fare is what got me.

Tell me about the FOD meetings.

When was the last time you cruised on the Spirit? Maybe the same Cruise Director is still aboard. If the CD is the same, maybe the FOD experience will be the same that you've had.

Thanks,
Dave
Old July 18th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival Spirit

Carnival is a younger group of cruisers. I have cruised Carnival Spirit and Pride out of SoCal because it is convient for me to drive over to San Diege and leave my car with my son. The one thing that sets these two ships apart from other ships, they are the same class, is the Gym and especially the Steam and Sanna facilitied. They are fantastic. I never use the shower in the cabin. I go up to the mens locker room in the late afternoon for a steam, shower and shave. Did I forget to mention that I am a dirty old man?
I also send an email to the Mater ter de,(bad spelling), to request a table of other single travelers. I have made some great friend on these ships. They have FOD meetings on a daily basis on all five of my Carnival Cruises.
The only problem that I might forsee with your Dec. 14th trip would be "Rug Rats or Curtain Climbers". Kids might be out of school this time of year and Carnival does cater to families.
Hope this information is some help.
Cheers, Ron
Old July 18th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Passenger

I do the same thing. I love a leisurely steam and shower at the gym, at home or on a cruise. I guess that makes me a dirty young man.

I'm going November 14, not December. That's the sailing BEFORE Thanksgiving (it actually returns to San Diego on Thanksgiving morning) and I picked that date particularly because I've been advised that sailing will have less children.

Good idea about asking the Maitre de to be put at a table of other single travelers. Glad to hear there are daily FOD meetings.