Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2007, 08:24 PM
First Mate

Default Emerald Princess 10/27/07

Hi guys/gals. Anyone else on this sailing? Or perhaps you have some suggestions on things to do or points of interest that shouldn't be missed. They are all new ports for me except St. Thomas. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

Ft. Lauderdale
Princess Cays
At Sea
St. Thomas
Dominica
Grenada
Bonaire
Aruba
At Sea
At Sea
Ft. Lauderdale

Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Familiar Face

Default Emerald - 27 October 07

Hi Glenn - I am booked on this cruise, as are about 350 bears
Old July 17th, 2007, 07:01 PM
First Mate

Wow... I had no idea.

Is this a regional/national group or just a few hundred of your closest friends?

Glad to know there will be others onboard.

Old July 18th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Familiar Face

No its a group organised by a Travel Agent from Florida and there are men from all around the world on the cruise
Old July 18th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Passenger

Emerald Princess 10/27/2007 is the bear cruise? That’s great! Wish I was going. I’m going on either the Dawn Princess on 11/11 or the Carnival Spirit on 11/14 – both out of San Diego. I booked both and haven’t decided which one to cancel yet.

Is the 10/27 on Emerald a regular bear group or is it the bear p-0-r-n movie production group cruise? I was on the Star Princess for the 2004 bear p-0-r-n cruise, completely by accident, and I had the best time.

There was this really big black bear with a giant mop of Rastafarian braids who wore a full length women’s wedding gown, complete with bouquet, on formal night. I saw lots of people buying copies of his formal portrait in the gallery the next day.

A bearded straight guy in my travel group was getting lots of flattering attention from the bears. He was loving it but it made his wife a little insecure. To appease her he reluctantly shaved on the fourth day.

Watching the staff try to keep the buffet stocked when they all showed up at once made me chuckle. The side-by-side refrigerator in a wedding gown was a hoot. My sides hurt from laughing when I heard a little boy explain to his younger sister who had mistaken a white bearded bear for Santa that he was sure Santa had left someone in charge of the elves while he went on vacation so that all the toys would be ready by Christmas.

Good times.

They were making some, um, movies on board and they asked me to join in. I shoulda done it.
***edited by moderator***
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Familiar Face

It`s a regular bear group
Old July 19th, 2007, 06:55 PM
First Mate

Forgive me for sounding like a prude but was it really necessary to post that? Even edited, it is way too much info for the variety of people (young/old, gay/straight, etc.) that read this board. Please consider the entire audience.

Anyway, I'm excited to hear there will be so many other guys onboard. I'll be sailing with family and the ex. Looking forward to it.

Old July 20th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Passenger

JaxGuy: The ENTIRE audience? This is on the Gay/Lesbian Cruising forum - that IS the audience. If other people read this too, oh well. Do you go to a gay bar and complain that there are gay people there? Do you go to Norway and complain that there are Norwegians there? There are a hundred other forums here. This forum is for topics just like this.

NIBiker69 was the first to mention Bears on this thread. When I saw that I asked which Bear group because I had a previous cruising experience with a Bear group, albeit an unplanned experience. Then I recounted some of the highlights of that trip, all in good fun. Big deal. Did I mention anything vulgar? No.

If the mention of the Bear p-0-r-n production company bothered you, well... Do you think straight people don't watch p-0-r-n? Do you think those straight p-0-r-n production companies don't sponsor celebrations/vacations like the Bear production company does? Of course they do. Good grief – Playboy has a party mansion!

And I'm not sure what was edited - that's my entire post. Maybe the moderator corrected my spelling or something.

I don’t mean this to sound snarky or anything, but I hope you can unwind a little on your cruise.

Happy sailing everyone! Bears and all varieties of p-0-r-n makers/watchers too!

Dave
Old July 21st, 2007, 02:03 PM
Passenger

Default 10/27/07 cruise affiliatiion

Hi guys,
Bear Voyage 07 is no longer affiliated with any film company, it is just a group of Bears that a travel agent is booking.
Princess has indicated to other passengers that the bear group will be monitored for any unacceptable behavior. (This is probably due to advance complaints and cancellations from stoires of last lears cruise.)
Old July 22nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
First Mate

Well, I'm sure we'll all have a great time. RV, are you on the cruise too?