Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2007, 01:02 PM
Beginner

Default Anyone interested Atlantis Barcelona-Athens? We can't go

Our dog is sick and need full-time attension, so my partner and I can no longer go to this cruise. Since we have already paid in full (>$4300) and can no longer get any refund if we cancel, I wonder if anyone would be interested in taking our place. Atlantis allows traveler subsitutions for $150 each, so we are looking for $3300 including name change fee or best offer. This is (G) Large Ocean View Stateroom for two.
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Familiar Face

Default Atlantis cruise

That is very sad for you guys as a simular situation happened to me last year.
Is your cruise price without air? The air with relatively short notice is often the problem.
Ask if you can apply all or some of the cost towards a future Atlantis cruise.

St Pete Cruiser
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:02 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Atlantis cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Pete Cruiser
That is very sad for you guys as a simular situation happened to me last year.
Is your cruise price without air? The air with relatively short notice is often the problem.
Ask if you can apply all or some of the cost towards a future Atlantis cruise.

St Pete Cruiser
Thanks for your suggestion, we will give Atlantis a call to find out. The price is just for the cruise. We planned to fly from SFO and has to cancel our Delta tickets which is about 1500 each person. Hope we can get as much back as possible. I also booked 3 nights in Barcelona and 2 nights in Athens through Priceline, and no refund at all for those.

Our dog was diagnosed with heart failure about two and a half weeks ago. It was pretty bad the week before, and fortunately he is getting better this week. Since he takes several medicines every day, it's impossible to leave him in other's hands anytime soon. Although we are going to lose the money we put in and I have go kiss goodbye to my first Europe trip, I am still happy to see out dog is improving.
Old August 12th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to CM Rob
Default hope your dog gets better

I am glad to hear that your dog is getting better, Id go crazy if something happened to mine she is my kid. I think you guys made a good choice in sacrificing your trip to take care of your baby. I hope the doggy continues to get better and I am sure you will get to cruise Europe soon.

Sea of Cortez - American Safari
Old August 13th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Familiar Face

Default Atlantis cruise

BarryK,
Wondered how you came out with Atlantis in canceling your cruise. Also, hope your dog is improving on the meds. Let us know!
Rob
Old August 15th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Beginner

Default half price by end of 8/15 PST

We won't get any refund or credits, so will let go for 2,000 for both. Atlantis needs to receive our written letter for name change by Friday, so there's only one day left.

Thanks to those who sent good wishes, our dog is doing fine although we are still fighting with his poor appetite.

Barry
Old August 16th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Familiar Face

That is really rotten that Atlantis won't give you at least some credit towards another cruise. I wish you could have a friend stay with your dog if he seems better so you could still go, but I know that would be tough especially if something happened.
Old August 16th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to CM Rob
Default Dead line

You said Friday was the dead line, any luck?

Sea of Cortez - American Safari
Old August 16th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Beginner

Hi:

Have you sold the space yet? Does your fare cover airfare too? Let me know ASAP; I may be very interested.
Old August 18th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to curious1

Hey, guys, sorry to hear about your dilemma. Hope the dog continues to improve and that you found someone to take your spot.

This is a scenario that pet lovers need to keep in mind. Even if you guys had bought the Travelex insurance that Atlantis was pushing, it would not have helped. No third-party insurance company considers a pet's illness to be a "covered event" that will earn you a refund.

There IS another option on most cruises (though it wouldn't have worked with a gay charter like Atlantis or RSVP): Take the insurance offered by the cruise line itself, rather than a third-party carrier. The cruise lines' insurance will usually allow you to cancel for ANY reason and still get a credit of either 75% or 90% toward a future cruise. In this case it would have saved you at least $3,000! (But again, cruise line insurance doesn't apply when a company like Atlantis charters the entire ship, unfortunately)