Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Passenger

Default SEEKING IDEAS FOR REASONABLE HOTEL, FT. LAUDERDALE

Rob + Roy have their AIRPLANE TICKETS for RSVP "Exotic Caribbean" Cruise for February-March 2008. (On the last two cruises weather cut off a whole day each time in FLL. This time (3 days pre-cruise) I would like to see the beach and Las Olas / Riverwalk --we can walk some but hope to be near the water taxis/public transportation.)
BUT NONE OF THE HOTELS (even the $409 Embassy Suites we stayed in in 2003) COMES RECOMMENDED BY USERS ON THE BLOGS. OUR AGENT (the biggest booking travel agent for RSVP) has what appears to be a $10 daily discount from "rack rates" at 2 hotels near the Embassy--but I am hoping to do better, if fellow travelers can help me find something acceptable. (I do like the $25/night youth hostel with young guys, but the two joining me--i.e., Roy + Jack-- see otherwise!)

YOUR SUGESSTIONS FOR CLEAN/HANDYand REASONABLE gay resort or gay-friendly hotels for the period 3 days before the cruise (and we have a whole afternoon free before leaving from the airport to go back to snowy/cold Philadelphia...we WILL appreciate and acknowledge. --Rob+Roy (Cabin 5131 / MS Zuiderdam)
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2007, 04:26 PM
First Mate

We are booked on the MIM tour, February 4th, RCL, Western Caribbean. Our group from Canada has three rooms now booked for three days pre and three days post cruise at the Alhambra Beach Resort which is not only a short walk to the beach but has a pool and serves breakfast, all for a reasonable rate. This will be our fourth stay with this friendly establishment. FYI
Old September 14th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Passenger

Default Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron n Jon
We are booked on the MIM tour, February 4th, RCL, Western Caribbean. Our group from Canada has three rooms now booked for three days pre and three days post cruise at the Alhambra Beach Resort which is not only a short walk to the beach but has a pool and serves breakfast, all for a reasonable rate. This will be our fourth stay with this friendly establishment. FYI
This is one I'm looking at, since President's Week is filling up. (Guess this one is clean enough for Canadians and not unhandy for transportation for the 3 days.)
Old September 15th, 2007, 11:42 AM
First Mate

Apart from the Alhambra being impeccable in it’s cleanliness, it’s friendly atmosphere denotes its ability to accommodate even the most cynical of guests. However, should a No Vacancy sign be your only welcome, I’m sure there are other establishments that also have this ability to tolerate.