Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2007, 04:11 PM
Familiar Face

Default Island Princess 12/15-12/26 Panama Canal

Hello, family! Who's on this ship with us?? Are you going to Acapulco early? Staying in San Juan a few days after? Bob and I always meet several gay couples (and lots of singles, too) onboard during Holiday Cruises and it's always a fantabulous time!
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Passenger

Hi Guys:

We are so glad someone else will be on this incredible voyage Dec 15-26th. I guess we may not have to take up knitting on board afterall!

We're from Toronto. Believe it or not, the last cruise I was on was in 1981 - so long ago, when the old Rotterdam at 38,000 tones was a large ship. Javier has yet to be on a cruise.

We're in Acapulco the day before the cruise at the gay B&B Casa Condesa and then have four nights (Dec 26-30) after the cruise at the Embassy Suites in San Juan.

I was so excited last month, when I logged on to Princess.com to find they assign our cabin already, with an outstanding upgrade. Just for the fun of it I Googled Island Princess and the cabin number hoping to see an actual picture of the cabin and found someone’s personal website about the Island Princess and the pros and cons of various balcony locations. There were deck plans showing which balconies were covered or uncovered, and how private the balconies are. He obviously spent a great deal of time, with the deck plans and balcony pictures. So if you have not been onboard the Island Princess before and are curious about the balconies, check out this guys site.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/p...onies/id6.html

We are so jazzed about this ship. It’s bound to be just an incredible voyage!
Old October 15th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Familiar Face

Oh, So Cool! We take a Christmas Cruise every year and ALWAYS encounter a gaggle of gay folks onboard. It's always a wonderful time. We have an interior cabin on the B deck at present (who knows what will happen as we get closer to December -- Princess seems to be having a little difficulty filling up the ship!).

We're into Acapulco on the 12th -- although I'm trying to wrangle a week - long Spanish Immersion class for myself that would start on the 10th. We're at the Fiesta Americana on Playa Condessa. Then, we stay in San Juan until the 29th at the Coral Princess Inn in Condado (the beachy area right next to Old San Juan. That's 'beachy', not '*****y.' ).

Bob (the darker of the two of us) will know everyone on the ship by the time we disembark and half of the people in each port of call. I'm a little more low key but you'll find us both up for any adventure that presents itself. We usually buy shore excursions off the ship and often not until we get to port (we've had really good luck getting great tours at terrific prices).

Let's hope we get a few more hits here before we sail so we'll know who to look for at the set-sail cocktail party (although one hardly needs a program, you know!).
Old November 15th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Beginner

Default Greetings Guys

Good to see others on this trip, though ya know there are going to be lots more.

Don, my husband and I are really looking forward to the cruise. We will be traveling with my folks and my aunt, Dad's youngest sister so it is going to be lots of fun. We are on the final month count down.

See ya on board

David
Old November 15th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Passenger

Great to see you guys on board. It'll be an incredibly awesome trip! It's something we've been looking forward to for months. Since there doesn't seem to be much activity on this or the other post, I guess it'll be unlikely make a FOD request from the Cruise Director. See you in 29 days... not that we're counting!