I see that you are from Palm Springs. My partner and I live in Yucca Valley which is very close. We cruise quite often, going on our 6th this year on the Elation and have never had a problem with anyone on any ship. We have been together 17 years and find cruising a perfect way to be able to spend some time together and yet be able to enjoy different activities.
We had a great time on the Elation. Over all it was a great trip, and I would definitely go again. Here are some positive points, things that needed improvement, and interesting facts.
* Friendliness of the crew
* Food quality and service in the Imagination Dining Room
* Excellent Spa services.
* Cleanliness of the Ship (Everywhere you turned you saw someone cleaning the ship.)
* Lots of activities
* Talented classical musicians
*We traveled the week of Thanksgiving so it was overrun with wild unsupervised children.
* The musical extravaganzas were horrid. I have seriously seen high school musicals that were more professional.
*Desserts at Musical Cafe. The desserts look gorgeous but were unpalatable.
* Food at Tiffany's Grill and Lido Deck Grill. This food tasted like institutional food. The hamburgers were like school or hospital hamburgers. You had to fight to keep your place in line with all the brats on board.
* You can save money on the drinks. As soon as you go aboard they are trying to put a drink in your hand. They are the drink specials, but you can get the drink for $2-3 less if you ask for it without the souvenir glass.
* The best meals by far are in the formal dining rooms.
* The Friends of Dorothy Meetings on board were not attended by anyone. We met up with other GLBT people just visiting with others on the boat.
1. If FOD get togethers were scheduled by Carnival, what time were they and where did they have them?
2. What type of cabin accommodations did you have? Was your cabin steward pleasant and did you receive the service you felt you were entitled to? The last couple of times on Carnival we had great dining room staff but our cabin attendants left a lot to be desires. We are in a cat. 12 the next cruise so hopefully that will make a difference.
The FOD get togethers were scheduled for 3 different times. There was one that was late morning at the Music Coffee Bar, one that was scheduled during one of our dinner times at one of the bars, and a final one early evening at the library. We went to the first and last, but we were the only ones that showed. We ended up meeting some lesbians, and a few male couples, but not until the last night.
We had an oceanview cabin on the main deck. It was nothing fancy, but it was very clean. Our cabin steward was great. The make the rooms twice a day, but I think he did ours more due to a shower head that kept malfunctioning.
We just booked an Alaskan cruise for August. I can hardly wait to go cruising again.