Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to azcruising Send a message via Yahoo to azcruising
Default Looking to cruise solo with other gay travellers

Hello all - what a cool site

I'm a 43 y.o. gay male who is looking to take their first cruise. Don't think I'd care much for the "all gay" cruises that are out there so was wondering if anyone could point me in another direction - I guess looking for more of a ay-friendly cruise... I would probably travel solo so a line with a good single supplement program or would be open to a cool roommate too... I hope this isn't too vague. Looking for late Feb, early March. Can anyone help?
Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Passenger

I am headed on a Celebrity cruise from Honolulu to Mexico. It's a 12 night cruise leaving 3/16. Since the ship is repositioning the price is pretty cheap for a 12 day cruise.
Old January 16th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to rockysilvosa
Default First Cruise.

Hi azcruising, I have been cruising for four years now and have completed 28 cruises. I live in Tucson and frequently drive over to San Diego or Long Beach for cruises to the Mexican Riviera. I am currently booked on the Feb. 24, '08 Carnival Pride from Long Beach to the Mexican Riviera. I generally book an inside gurentee cabin which is the lowest price. I almost always get up grades to a better stateroom because I cruise so often. Carnival does FOD meetings on all recent trips. The gym and steam room on Carnival are the best of all cruise lines, in my openion. If you have other questions just ask. Hope this helps. Cheers, Ron
Old January 17th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Default Re: Looking to cruise solo with other gay travellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcruising
Hello all - what a cool site

I'm a 43 y.o. gay male who is looking to take their first cruise. Don't think I'd care much for the "all gay" cruises that are out there so was wondering if anyone could point me in another direction - I guess looking for more of a ay-friendly cruise... I would probably travel solo so a line with a good single supplement program or would be open to a cool roommate too... I hope this isn't too vague. Looking for late Feb, early March. Can anyone help?
Thanks...

Hi AZ,

Welcome to Cruisemates, the friendliest cruise chat site on the planet!

Captain here pitching in. Not gay but I don't think it should matter.

As Ron said, a good introduction to cruising for you may be a cruise to Baja or to the Mexican Riviera out of Long Beach, San Pedro or San Diego.
Carnival, Princess and NCL all operate cruises to those parts of Mexico during the period you have in mind. NCL lately seem to have had some real good last-minute deals, as have Princess. Last week I saw a Princess 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise advertised on the Princess website for $399, inlcuding port charges AND fuel supplement plus around $36 in taxes! Not bad at all. I do not know about the single supplement though as I always travel with my better half (the Mrs ).

Another good reason you may want to try any cruise that stops in Cabo San Lucas around late February is the fact that at that time it is peak whale watching season and I cannot tell you how many times we have seen whales, many times in their hundreds with their calves, around Cabo San Lucas between Jan-late February. It is one heck of an experience watching a whale breach within sight!

As for gay-friendly, I would not be too concerned about that. Some of the worst tablemates we have had on the 50 cruises we have been on have been "normal" straight people while some of the more pleasant dinner mates we have had have been gay people. Likewise in the theater and lounges, we have enjoyed many pleasant evenings in the company of gay people. What goes on behind closed doors should be nobody's business or concern, so don't let that be an issue preventing you from cruising any of the fine cruiselines I mentioned. All three of them also provide at least one Friends Of Dorothy meeting during the cruise.

Whichever cruiseline you choose, welcome to the wonderful world of cruising.

Captain
Old January 17th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to rockysilvosa
Default For the Captian,

Just a quick note to compliment the Captian, out of London. Your advise is right on and your position on gay shipmates is refreshing and commendable. I was the Commanding Office of a USN Destroyer, many years ago. They did not ask and I didn't tell.
I would be interested in some of your most interesting cruises.
P.S. I lived in London for about 6 years.
Cheers, Ron
Old January 17th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Default Re: For the Captian,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysilvosa
Just a quick note to compliment the Captian, out of London. Your advise is right on and your position on gay shipmates is refreshing and commendable. I was the Commanding Office of a USN Destroyer, many years ago. They did not ask and I didn't tell.
I would be interested in some of your most interesting cruises.
P.S. I lived in London for about 6 years.
Cheers, Ron

Ron,
Thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it. Like you, I also lived in London for a while, Guildford (Surrey) and Bradford (Yorkshire) too, that was in the late 70's/early 80's and I MISS those years.
Nowadays I live in Southern California, I used London as the location in my profile to go with the rest of "my" personal info, just for kicks.
As a final word, I think that if people just minded their OWN business, the world would be a much better place to live in. I have always lived by the motto: Live And Let Live.
Thanks again for the compliment and I'll see ya around on these boards.

Captain
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Any luck on the cruise? I have done several SOLO and have not had a problem. I am more low key and do not think I would enjoy an all gay cruise. I am heading on the next one in May. Carnival Liberty - can't wait as it should be a great time.

I am from PHX as well.
Old March 19th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Passenger

Default Cruise

Im going on a cruise next month to Mexico. Its not a gay cruise and this will be my first cruise ever. If I like it I would love to somewhere different if you would like to maybe tag along. Lets get to know eachother and go from there.

Michael
Old March 21st, 2008, 11:52 PM
Passenger

Default Cruise maniac...

Hey.. Bud..

I hope you find a cruise .. soon.. if not let me know I go in an average of 5 to 7 cruises a year.. became addicted to cruise.. I am always solo. cause I have a really flexible schedule.. and take the last minutes deals.. I won't mind a cabin mate as long you can cover your own cost.. I always meet fun people .. and as you saw the comment from Capt. Edward my hat off to him.. these site you will be able to connect with people and as well meet cool people onboard.. don't be afraid to try and keep your mind open and you will have a time of you life...

Truly.. Tazdevil...

P.S. I also live in Phx, Az.. and will be turning 40yrs on 5deMayo..
Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:18 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to smoothlover
Default Celebrity Constellation

I am looking at the transatlantic Celebrity Constellation from Ft. Laud to London 4/11-24. They have a residency rate of 1499/person double or 2459 single on a balcony in CC (concierge class).

Anyone interested in sharing a cabin? I'm 52, 5'11", 165 lb, and I can send pics.
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to bergen66

You should check out geocurio.us. I went on the first one of these types (25 guys or so) and had a blast! I'm booked for October Mexican Riviera already.
Old March 27th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to smoothlover

I'm booked on the October Mexican Riviera cruise through Atlantis. Is that the one you are on??