Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Beginner

Default Whats Infinity like for FOD meetings

Hi everyone my partner and I are doing the Infinity alaska leaving San Fran 28 April 2008 and as we have never sailed Celebrity before wondering if they hold FOD meeting on infinity and what are the chances of many 'family " members being on board
cheers
Neil and Terry
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Familiar Face

Neil and Terry.

We haven't yet sailed the Infinity (but are booked on it for a March 15 South American sailing). However, we just returned from a week's cruise on the Celebrity Summit, a sister ship. They scheduled FOD meetings every evening of the cruise. However, they were scheduled at 8PM in the extremely crowded Martini Bar, which required extremely powerful gaydar to spot other friends and made conversation very difficult. No member of the Cruise Director's staff was there to facilitate. This is in contrast to previous Celebrity sailings where FOD's were scheduled in otherwise empty rooms during the day and with Cruise Staff hosts.

Regardless, we're sure you'll enjoy the Infinity. She's beautiful.
Old February 8th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Beginner

Thanks for that I am sure we will have a great trip being our first cruise and especially to Alaska about the furthest you can go from Australia really looking forward to it
cheers
Neil and Terry
Old February 9th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Passenger

Hello Neil and Terry.
I have sailed on the Constellation/Summit/Millennium.
Beautiful ships indeed.If a FOD hasnt been arranged simply ask the cruise director and he will post one on the daily news.I have only done 14 day itineraries to make the flight from Sydney worthwhile including Alaska.
You will also likely see the same fellows on the lido Deck breakfast.Dont hesitate to ask can you join them.
Remember there are many reasons why we like to cruise and everyone is out to meet and great and be friendly.(Exceptions of course )
Anything between 20 to 30 blokes turn up.Its usually held around 1900hrs so that the 2 sittings get to partake.Its all over before you know it so why dont you take the lead and follow up with a sea day Lunch.

Simply gather together outside the Dining room at say 1255 hrs for a 1300 hrs Lunch and then approach the Maitre de with your party number.
We have nearly always had 2 tables of 10.The Infinity will most possibly have the same table layouts as the other 3 sister ships and on port and starboard sides there are 2 tables of 10 + the smaller tables, beside the huge ocean view windows.
We have always found the Waiters and Maitre de to be more than obliging.
If you have found the Maitre de to be exceptional in setting up and looking after you as a group like i have a couple of time ive even given him a few dollars tip.Its worth it.
Let me also mention that dont also be afraid to see the Maitre de about changing your evening table if your not keen about your table mates.Just be frank with him and mostly they will try to help out.
A lot of the Dining Room Crew are from Eastern Europe and are very obliging.
Cheers Tony