Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cruising Without a Group

My partner and I just returned from a Celebrity cruise to the Caribbean and it was beautiful! Great to get out of the 2-weeks of non-stop rain in California. We had some family members with us this time, but this was our 5th cruise together and had a great time.

One cruise we booked with Friends of Dorothy, and it was alright. It was nice to meet other couples. Although it's nice to meet others, and share a drink, excursion or coffee every so often, we like to just chill.

We haven't had any problems or issues being together as a couple. I think it's apparent that we're a couple. We are respectful of exaggerated public displays of affection, but we don't keep a ruler between us either. We will touch, briefly kiss, hold hands once in a while and usually always get a dining table for two (learned that lesson long ago). We're not about making anyone feel uncomfortable, and visa-versa. To us, cruising is all about getting away from it all, relaxing and getting back into sync with each other.

We didn't have enough days at sea, for us but we have booked a 14-night cruise on the Constellation for this September, a West. Med / Transatlantic. Should be fun, and we can hardly wait. Time to lose some weight we gained from this past cruise, to be in shape for the next one!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to CM Rob

Hi Mermen,

Nice to see a fellow Northern California person on here. I think too many gay people are afraid to go on regular cruises even though I have found it to be quite enjoyable. We all ways meet other couples and end up having a good time with.

Sea of Cortez - American Safari
Old February 14th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Rob
Hi Mermen,

Nice to see a fellow Northern California person on here. I think too many gay people are afraid to go on regular cruises even though I have found it to be quite enjoyable. We all ways meet other couples and end up having a good time with.
Hi CM Rob: I agree with you. Even our travel agent at AE hounds us to do the RoMANce cruises or Atlantis, but we're not interested in segregation. We really enjoy all walks of life, and travelers regardless of their orientation. As long as there's respect, it's fine. On Celebrity, we don't feel out of place at all. We have done some Internet research on the most gay-friendly cruise lines and was happy to see Celebrity ranks high.

Happy Sailing!

Gary