Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Familiar Face

Default did anyone make a cruise on the "new" Century

hi

How gay friendly is celebrity cruises and in particular the Century.
Do they organize a FOD meeting

How is the spa onboard celebrity?
Is it mixed? Do you have to pay extra like on the NCL?

Thanks for the information
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2008, 10:36 AM
Passenger

Default CENTURY

Hi there, me and the honey did Century last December. We'd been on it BEFORE the refit. It is a wonderful ship. The balconys are really great. We had several FOD parties and met several great people. They put in the daily, FRIENDS OF DOROTHY.

And we'd heard of this happening but this was our first time, a woman showed up as we were waiting for other guys and sure enough said her name was Dorothy and what was this about. And we told her! She was ok. She stayed for a while and spoke to some of the guys. She only came that one night though.

We didn't use the spa. But did use the spa cafe. Very nice and great staff.

As for Celebrity being gay friendly, when we got hitched, we were invited to the newly wed's party and won for the newest married couple. Consequently, I would think, you could say Celebrity is gay friendly. Hope this helps.

Bryan and Roger
Old March 12th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Passenger

Yes! My partner and I were just on her Jan 31, 2008 4 day sailing. She is beautiful even though the ice bar was sans ice due to some malfunction. The staff was wonderful and the ship was in great shape. There was an FOD gathering practically every night in the disco. Though not well attended we met at least 7 other FODs and I found the ship very friendly overall. I hope you enjoy.

Norwegian Sky

Norwegian Sun

Enchantment of the Seas

Celebrity Century
Old March 17th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Passenger

Default Re: did anyone make a cruise on the "new" Century

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisefan999
hi

How gay friendly is celebrity cruises and in particular the Century.
Do they organize a FOD meeting

How is the spa onboard celebrity?
Is it mixed? Do you have to pay extra like on the NCL?

Thanks for the information
Century (Celebrity) is a great ship I've said thrice! She is gay-friendly, holds FOD get-to-gethers in Michael's Lounge or other purposely quiet/secluded venue onboard. Sometimes the meeting is hosted; other times not. If this attracts a nice size group, often they decide, with or without a host, to meet elsewhere (on board) with cooperation from Activities Director. Do NOT hesitate to contact the Act. Dir. to request and schedule additional meeting space. They will accommodate.

Like all ships, Century has an outstanding spa. I have seen it, not used it, however. There is always an extra fee for spa use/treatment on ships.