Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Passenger

Default Bear Voyage Emerald Princess Oct 31, 2008

Looking for other Bears and Cubs going on the Bear Voyage on the Emerald Princess this year. Would like to meet some of our fellow travelers.
Roy and Adam
Caribbean Princess 2009
Caribbean Princess 2008
QM2 2007
Explorer of the Seas 2007
Mariner of the Seas 2006
Brilliance of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, Leeward, Mardi Gras, Tropical, Victory, Sensation, QE2, Regal Empress, Dolphin2
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Beginner

Glad to see someone else going on this cruise. It will be my 1st cruise and looking forward to it and meeting other bears and cubs.
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Passenger

Default Hi BearRN

It is nice to see that anther Bear is going to be on the cruise with us. We are in Cabin L307. We are from the Washington DC area and will be going to Ft Lauderdale one day early.
Caribbean Princess 2009
Caribbean Princess 2008
QM2 2007
Mariner of the Seas 2006
Brilliance of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, Leeward, Mardi Gras, Tropical, Victory, Sensation, QE2, Regal Empress, Dolphin2
Old May 17th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to sunbear61
Default bear voyage 2008

i am also an RN but an experienced cruiser.. plan to be on the journey.. sunbear61@aol.com
Old May 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Beginner

Max and Mike here form Edinburgh Scotland - we'll be joining the cruise in Fort Lauderdale. - looking forward to this trip and meeting a heap load of fur.
Old May 24th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Beginner

My partner (David) and I will be there. We were on the Emerald Princess last year for Bear Voyage and had a lot of fun. Really looking forward to this year.
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Beginner

You Might want to re-think this cruise.....here is why follow the link

http://www.expressgaynews.com/2008/5-22/news/localnews/
Old May 29th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Beginner

Default bear cruise or no bear cruise.. that is the question.....

I am still going on the cruise with or without an organized "bear" agenda.. i happen to think that the guys that end up on the cruise will somehow know how to have a good time in any event.. in actuality it might even be MORE fun.. Some of the guys that i know that will be on the ship are loads of fun anyway.. so Let Us not worry about Jacob.. AT ALL... Robbie
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Beginner

Default Up in Air and don't know what to do.....

I have seen this article, and don't know what to do. I have contacted the travel agency for bearvoyage to make my final payments and They will not return my call. Kinda worried about the situation and not sure what my next step should be. I have been thinking about canceling out but I hate to miss this opportunity. Any Suggestions??????

Thanks for you help guys.
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Beginner

Default We're still going, despite all

Greetings!

We are also signed up for the October 31 sailing of the Emerald Princess. (I guess I'll stop calling it the "Bear Voyage" for the time being!)

We're experienced cruisers, and we've sailed on this ship before -- lovely vessel! We're also friends with SunBear61.

We've suspected for a couple of weeks that something might not be quite right at the travel agency -- ignored emails, phone calls not returned, etc. Nevertheless, we will still be on the cruise.

Truly sorry for the upset many of you might be experiencing right now, but here are a couple of suggestions:

1. Check your credit card statements to ensure there aren't any unauthorized charges. Also check to make sure your deposit has been charged to Princess Cruises Passage of Valencia, California (or similar).

2. Visit princess.com and set up an online account, if you haven't already. Review your Passage Contract. It contains information on the cancellation policy, as well as the relationship between you, your travel agent, and Princess. It's good information to know.

If Princess has already received your deposit, you can probably make other arrangements to ensure they receive the remaining funds, if you still wish to go on the cruise. We are checking with our "regular" travel agent for further advice about this.
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Beginner

Default Thanks Norm..

I am still going.. have checked with princess all is up to snuff.. will make all payments myself.. and look forward to the voyage.. WE WILL HAVE A BIG OLE BEAR TIME..Robbie
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Beginner

I've checked with Princess as well (via online account). As far as I can tell we're still booked. The stuff about Jacob is disturbing... I can imagine those who have signed up for the Mediterranean Bear Voyage must be a bit nervous. For the time being we're still planning to go, and we'll make payments directly to Princess if necessary.
Old May 29th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Passenger

Default The Issue

We will contact Princess also to verify that the deposit has been deposited to Princess.
I guess there will be enough Bears on the cruise even if Jacob is a guest of the county.
Roy and Adam
Caribbean Princess 2009
Caribbean Princess 2008
QM2 2007
Mariner of the Seas 2006
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Beginner

Default we will overcum

i am taking the stand that with my wit and charm .. we will have a good time and even get some perks..

I used to be in the hospitality industry.. if not .. we will make out own fun..

If this forum is a pain to connect.. my email is sunbear61@aol.com.. feel free to chat me up there.
Robbie
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Beginner

Hi There -
As I write - Mike tells me that our booking is safe and sound!! YIPPEE!!
So... Beary lads - Shorts party in cabin L235? Bring drink, cake and a sense of humor.
xx
Max
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Bear voyage

Hello guys,
First let me thank MR. Gibbons from Edinburg to contact and inform me about this site.
It is me Jacob, I`m here at the office until 1:00 pm this afternoon, if anyone wants to call and ask me any question, i`m here and ready.

Yes I pleaded quilty not to a Fraud or stealing peoples money, I pleaded for a grand theft 2nd and 3rd degree only because I was sick and tired of going back and fourth for the last 3 years to court and pay tons of money to lawyers for something I did not do.

I have one question to ask Mr. Wilton Drama Drive............If you get your credit card statment every month and you see a fraud or wrong or even not sure about a charge....isn`t it the first thing you do is to call the credit card company and verify it or dispute it??????????? or rather wait almost 2 years to dispute the charge??????????

This is what the Client Marsac did , 16 month after he disputed his credit charges and caused me this problem.......and now we proved it that he pleaded quilty for a tax Fraud in Belgium and was sentenced to 6 month Jail...........The rest I let everyone of you to decide.

Finally, The Bear voyage 2008 is on and will always be the number 1 bear cruise ever with or without me onboard, and that is because of all my 75% repeat Bears.

Jacob Torossian and proud of my name.
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Beginner

No one would ever plead guilty to something like this if they were not. 15 years probation and/or jail time if you don't pay him back, why would you do that?
You're guilty, you admitted to it. If you were not then that was the STUPIDIST thing you have ever done. You'll pay a lot more than any lawyer would have ever charged.
I am glad you're proud of your name, hope your cell mate is too.
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Beginner

I just found the original article on this. Unreal

http://www.expressgaynews.com/2006/7-8/news/localnews
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Beginner

(edited to remove outdated information)
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Beginner

Default HEY THAT IS MY CAKE>...:)

well if there is a cake party... i guess i will have to whip up something too..
As Ron and Norm Know all about m y CAKES
Old May 31st, 2008, 05:49 AM
Beginner

Cool guys! That's excellent - bring something sweet and we'll do the drinks : Cosmos?, Margaritas?, Appletinis?

Exactly how many furballs can we fit into the cabins?
:-)
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:08 AM
Passenger

Default Bears in a cabin

I think that Bears and cubs with minimal clothes will fit better in a cabin than ones with clothes on.
What day of the cruise should we plan on the party?
Caribbean Princess 2009
Caribbean Princess 2008
QM2 2007
Mariner of the Seas 2006
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:31 AM
Beginner

Are you folks on a bear website such as bear411 or something else? I was just curious. I am on bear411 hairybearRN hope to meet ya all. 8)
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:43 AM
Beginner

I'm online on most chat sites (including bear411) as vmbear and my partner is online as cub4bigbears.
Old May 31st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Beginner

sunbear61@aol.com, sunbear61@bear411...
Old May 31st, 2008, 01:37 PM
Beginner

In my experience the fewer the clothes and the more cake the better the party

We're on Eurowoof as 'Maxmeister' and 'Mike247'... - should be able to message us on 411
xx
Old June 1st, 2008, 06:33 PM
Passenger

Default Cruise checks out fine

I called princess to verify that my reservation was made and deposit received and applied, so everything looks great and I plan to see everyone on the cruise.
Caribbean Princess 2009
Caribbean Princess 2008
QM2 2007
Mariner of the Seas 2006
Old June 7th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Passenger

Default Princess Cay Activities

Hi guys,
We are thinking about getting a Beach Bungalow in Princess Cay. It can hold up to 6 people, is airconditioned and includes drinks and lunch. We were wondering if anyone else might be interested in going with us on the Bungalow. Jacob might have a specal place for the Bears on the Cay, but until he says something, we want a comfortable place on the beach.
Roy
Caribbean Princess 2009
Caribbean Princess 2008
QM2 2007
Mariner of the Seas 2006
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Beginner

I went on the bear voyage last year, and had a fantastic time. The bears I met from all over the world really made the cruise an unforgettable and fun time.

I heard some of the stuff about Jacob Torossian from Rita Olwell illegally charging others' credit cards before the cruise. I just kept an eye on my credit card statements and didn't see any fraudulent activity.

Unfortunately, I heard first-hand accounts from other bears, of charges for airline tickets appearing on their credit cards, after the cruise occurred, and the charges were traced back to Rita Olwell. I was very disappointed to hear this, because the cruise was such a great time...then afterwards Jacob apparently used some of the bears' credit cards to purchase airline tickets for others. I don't know what kind of trouble Jacob is in, but I don't think he deserves any more support from the bears.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Beginner

Hi Roy,

Although I've been on the two previous bear voyage trips and my friend on the last 3 or 4, we've not been able to confirm a booking with the organizing group. We did finally simply book on the same ship and are hoping that whatever issue is going on with the group, that we can make nice with the organizer and be welcomed into the events.

We're hoping that it's not cancelled, or if it is, that there will be a subset of the group that has been planning on this and will go any way.

My name is Rich, my friend's name is Mark. We're both on 411, myself as bigbeefnh, my friend is mabear32.

Look forward to meeting you again,

Rich